Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

ANYONE FLY JR VENTURE ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:23 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: ANYONE FLY JR VENTURE ?

Bulldog adhesion promotor works well on those canopies to get paint to stick.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:06 PM
james199

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM ?? i hooked up the overnight charger and did a 12 hour charge checked everything at the house then went out to fly as i was hovering my first tank i wasa doing a side hover and noticed my volt meter and it was on the last green dot moving into the yellow ?? i promply landed and sure enough it was low on charge my new burning question is how long should a RX battery last ?? it is the factory battery i have only had my venture for less than a month i know it has do a lot of work but dang i would think it would last at least 3 tanks of fuel ....not 1 and die....right ??
Old 07-13-2006, 04:28 PM
jez33

what size battery you have?
if you have digital servos on your heli on all surfaces then that can drain quite a bit of power. i dont fly any of my helis with less then a 1500mah even with only standard gear on it. if you were using digital on nick and roll aswell as gyro/tail then i wouldnt go below 2500mah but i mostly fly on 3000mah any way..

if your battery is within the above then perhaps your battery is new and needs a few charge cycles through it but even in a brand new state it still sounds a bit quick to go to red as yours did so fast...
are you happy that your charger is working correctly ?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:19 PM
james199

ORIGINAL: jez33

what size battery you have?
if you have digital servos on your heli on all surfaces then that can drain quite a bit of power. i dont fly any of my helis with less then a 1500mah even with only standard gear on it. if you were using digital on nick and roll aswell as gyro/tail then i wouldnt go below 2500mah but i mostly fly on 3000mah any way..

if your battery is within the above then perhaps your battery is new and needs a few charge cycles through it but even in a brand new state it still sounds a bit quick to go to red as yours did so fast...
are you happy that your charger is working correctly ?
its a 1100 mah the servos are not digital but i thought i should get more than 1 flight before it dies anyhow i just ordered a 2500mah battery today i also thought i would ask the lhs if thy would replace it for me as it is new but anyhow this time next week a new power plant will be in there
Old 07-14-2006, 12:25 AM
BRADI

I use 3000 miliamp sub C cells. A bit heavy but I don't have to worry as much anymore. Further, I run nav lights and co-pilot on my Venture so I'm consuming a little more power than the average heli.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:56 AM
jez33

as you say a 1100 mah battery should last longer then that..
which charger do you use ? if your using a standard charger they dont fully charge a 1100 mah untill roughly 24 hours.most standard slow chargers only give out between 50 to 75mah.
idealy for a slow charger it should be able to slow charge at one tenth of the mah of the battery,
so if you have a 1000mah battery then a slow charger giving out 100mah is ideal..but you can be forgiven for thinking that you need 10 hours to slow charge a 1000 battery but in fact you need to give the battery half as much time again as there is a little wastage in the cells when charging them and some of the amps you put in turn to heat and isnt reserved in the pack so you need 15 to 16 hours charge time..
Old 07-14-2006, 07:57 PM
james199

DAMN !! i just came in to find the RX pack HOT as hell i guess the its took a crapp i was going to do some flying late today but i guess not ...i had it on the slow charge (24hr) looks like i wont be flying till i get another battery.....crapp [:@][:@] i did a fast charge yesterday and it lasted for 1 tank of gas then RED .....man this just S%$^ i just get it going and now this .... i guess i will take it to the LHS and see if they will replace it tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:23 PM
james199

well its been 35min and the thing is DEAD[:@] DEAD[:@] DEAD[:@] DEAD [:@]....grrrrrr .in the yellow/red so its off to the LHS tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:01 PM
james199

got a 2800 mah battery and its off to the WILD BLUE YANDER once more also had a small problem happen today as well the hose in the tank split and i lost all power it almost caused me to SPLAT BANG !! but i guess i am gatting better as i was able to land with only a little thud and NO BROKEN PARTS !! thats the best part now i cant wate till tomorrow
Old 07-16-2006, 12:45 AM
BRADI

ORIGINAL: james199

got a 2800 mah battery and its off to the WILD BLUE YANDER
Sounds like your getting everything sorted out...that’s good. Keep an eye on your battery to switch connector. The Futaba connectors tend to wear out and you will eventually lose a connection and it will probably happen during FFF. I found this out the hard way...(twice). Change your connector when you get the chance, most people prefer dean connectors. I use dean's p.n. 1300. Load test your on board batteries as much as possible. I check before every other flight. I use a Futaba battery checker BR-2000. It will pay for itself in one crash. So many times I have been preoccupied with set-up and completely lost track of time, only to find out that I had minimal on board bat power for the test flight. (Scary stuff!)

Brad
Old 07-16-2006, 12:53 AM
BRADI

[quote]ORIGINAL: james199

the hose in the tank split

Yup, the clunk line, (supply line) in the tank is cheap and has failed on many Venture heli's. For some unknown reason, JR uses cheap thin walled fuel supply lines in their heli's fuel tanks. It should be changed ASAP.

Brad
Old 07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
swheli

I am new to the forum..I started with a walkera 36,then progressed to an old Morley Maverick and now awaiting a second hand ventura 50 from ebay.So i was pleased to see some good comments on this heli.I have only bought the frame so look forward to installing engine,radio etc.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:03 PM
james199

swheli : you will enjoy flight capabilities of your new used venture it will quickly become your all time favorite bird
Old 07-20-2006, 01:58 PM
swheli

it seems my ventura 50 is on the way ...can't wait!!!can anyone advise engines and mufflers that will fit ...since i am working to a bit of a budget cost and performance has to be balanced!!!Don't forget i am a bit of a beginer so not looking for something to do loops and rolls in the uper stratosphere.
thanks
David
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 PM
james199

i have a webra on my venture and its sweet it starts easy and has GREAT POWER if i was you i would get a webra or a OS as both are excelent for heli's
Old 07-21-2006, 12:43 AM
BRADI

My brother has a Webra on his Venture and I have a OS 37 on mine. The power between them seems to be pretty close. But the Webra idles better and is easier to tune and keep tuned. We have no complaints on either motors.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:02 AM
jez33

im a webra fan also .. as you say they are a friendly engine as still give a big punch in power..
mind you though ive not owned a a webra 30 size engine as all my webras are 60 size or above..

the best 30 size ive had so far is the Irvine 39...it is absolutely a fantastic engine for power and isnt hard to tune plus it is a consistent engine once tuned correctly..it wasnt expensive either..
it was a tiny bit fussy with fuel in that if you used a fuel without a thermal reduction agent then it does run a bit hot but even if you dont use the thermal agent (which i didnt ) it still ran great.
with the thermal agent though the engine was most happy then and ran cooler.. but most heli fuels contain thermal agents in the uk,,,not sure about USA ofcause as i dont live there..
Old 07-21-2006, 07:08 AM
aerowiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a jr venture 50 with the hyper 50 os and a revo muffler. it is a great setup. one thing though, my first few flights i used woodies, big mistake. i couldnt get the tracking sorted out no matter what i did. i spent some money and bought some all carbon rotortech's 610mm and havent looked back. the tracking is sweet and absolutely no vibration. wood is for campfires and spanish galleons.

aerowiz.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:08 AM
BRADI

ORIGINAL: aerowiz

my first few flights i used woodies, big mistake. i couldnt get the tracking sorted out no matter what i did.

aerowiz.

aerowiz, you could have had a warped blade. I had a wood blade warp on me once and this caused major tracking issues (LOL). I believe that the blade warped from the heat of my work light.
I have had good luck with woodies, (to a degree) but I do have to track them occasionally.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:36 AM
james199

where is a good place to get (cheep) carbon blades for the venture
Old 07-24-2006, 10:11 AM
BarracudaHockey

Don't know your definition of cheap but the Maverikk blades that Heliproz sells are decent and not too pricey. http://www.heliproz.com

Stay away from that idiot selling cheap carbons on ebay, AeroOmni, LesAllen or whatever his latest screen name is.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:47 AM
james199

ORIGINAL: barracudahockey

Don't know your definition of cheap but the Maverikk blades that Heliproz sells are decent and not too pricey. http://www.heliproz.com

Stay away from that idiot selling cheap carbons on ebay, AeroOmni, LesAllen or whatever his latest screen name is.

Thanks ... yep they are cheep well less than 80.00 bucks is cheep to my
Old 07-30-2006, 02:58 PM
raston

aerowiz,

I have a Venture 50 on the way, and am trying to decide between the OS 50SX-H Hyper or non-hyper. Did you have to do anything special to install the Hyper in your Venture 50?
Old 07-31-2006, 12:14 PM
BarracudaHockey

There shouldn't be a debate. Get the hyper the carburation is much improved.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:27 AM
raston

O.K. so I going for the hyper. But I have read that on the venture, I will require a 'thrust washer/hub' (the aluminium hub that a propellor sits against in an aeroplane application) that is included on the non-hyper motor but not on the hyper version. Can some confirm that and if so, does anyone have the part numbers I will need to order. Or is there another way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.