Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

GEM 2000 Mounting suggestions?

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

GEM 2000 Mounting suggestions?

Old 01-11-2003, 05:32 PM
helinewbe
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GEM 2000 Mounting suggestions?

Got my GEM 2000 in my stocking for X-mas! I've heard great things about them, but I think I'm just a geek who thinks having a flashing light would look cool.

Mine has the remote light (wire) and I can't figure out how to mount it! Mine came with just the unit, light, green plastic light housing, and a little black clip that is basically a ring at one end and little tabs on the other (if you have one you'll know).

Which way does the plastic clip mount in the hole they tell you to drill?

Also, any setups like this on a Raptor 30 V1? Where/how did you mount it?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2003, 12:25 PM
TampaRCGuy
My Feedback: (282)

Default Gem

Velcro or double side tape the unit to anything, tie wrap the leads to the area you want them so they are visible from the angle you fly or hover.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:58 AM
ChopperDude

Another option is to drill a 1/4 inch hole in the rear of the frame on one side, remove the led from the back of the green lens, take off the white ring, insert the green lens from the rear until it snaps in the hole, then re insert the led...works great...Bill
Old 01-15-2003, 05:28 AM
RCAdd1ct

I put the module under the switch area and ran the light with the Gyro wires.

That way if I had to split the frame the only thing I had to remove was the 401. All the rest of the electronics went with the servo tray.

I just pointed the light to the back. When you hover in to check fuel the light will blink at you and you can check both at the same time.

The only issue is that if you hover a lot the light might hypnotize you as you fly. Just remember, buy more helis......
Old 01-16-2003, 01:44 AM
helinewbe
My Feedback: (1)

Chopperdude,

Did you put the white plastic ring back on? (I didn't even know it comes off until your post). And did you use the little black plastic clip--the one I can't figure out what to do with.

Oh, I emailed support at ElectrotecRC and got nothing more than a cartoon picture of a heli with lights on it (just venting here). Thanks for taking your customers seriously guys. I guess if you have a good product you can blow off your customers?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2003, 02:41 PM
ChopperDude

You do not put the plastic ring back on....a 1/4 inch hole is the perfect diameter for the green lens. When you push it in the hole from the rear , it will snap into place. Then just push the led in and it also will lock into place...very clean installation...I mounted mine on the right side at the rear of the frames, easy to see and check when I bring it down to check fuel level....Bill