Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Venture .30 and Futaba 8UAF?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Venture .30 and Futaba 8UAF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 01:49 AM
KC10Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venture .30 and Futaba 8UAF?

I've been thinking about getting a JR Venture .30 for my first heli. It's what all the hobby shops around here sell and everybody flies. For all of my planes, I use Futaba radio gear. I have countless Futaba recievers and servos. How well will the JR Venture .30 work with my Futaba 8UAF radio? I sure don't want to have to buy an expensive JR radio to go with my heli. What do you guys think? Thanks for any info! Matt
Old 01-13-2003, 03:45 AM
jeyre

Default 8UAF

I am flying mine on the 9C and it is awsome. So the 8UAF in Heli mode should work just as well.

John
Old 01-15-2003, 10:29 PM
warlock1174
My Feedback: (23)

The Venture is CCPM controlled. I am unsure if the 8UAF radio will work with CCPM. If it's similar in functionality to the 8UHF, then you'll be in good shape. However, the manual for the radio, and even Don Edberg's book were unable to come up with the correct inputs for the mixers. After fooling around with mine for a week, I finally cracked it.
See this post for the details:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...hreadid=366648]
Old 01-15-2003, 10:31 PM
warlock1174
My Feedback: (23)

Also, due to weight issues with the Venture, you may want to consider stepping up to a slightly larger engine, like a .36. The .32 engines seemed to be slightly underpowered for this helicopter, but it turns out they're just a little on the overweight side.

Good Luck!
Old 01-16-2003, 03:16 AM
jeyre

Default 32

I have been flying mine with an OS.32 engine....it has lots of power for learning the basics, I originally purchased a TT.39 for my Venture but due to a tail rotor problem (or lack there of ) on my nexus I decided to put the 32 on while I awaited the delivery of my 39. I am very happy with the power the 32 is currently delivering, I am doing loops and rolls with it, with no problems.

I will eventually upgrade to the 39 but I am in no hurry to do that yet.

John