Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Flybar Weights??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 05:53 AM
Sanswire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flybar Weights??

I am new to the Heli world and I would like to know if anyone else has installed the "optional' flybar weights that come included in the Venture 30 ARF? If so...what are the benefits? Or what are the drawbacks? If someone could fill me in I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2003, 04:48 AM
Superman32

Default Flybar Weights??

Sanswire

I just wrote a thread "What is this??"
I think you may have answered my question. Are these 4 little metallic rods and 2 little hollow screws?

Let me know. Nobody seems to know what it is.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:14 AM
Sanswire

Default Flybar Weights??

Biosfp1,

Well, section 4-10 pg. 66 in the Venture manual does list these as "optional" flybar weights. I have not added them yet. mine is giving every indication that it is hovering fine without them. I haven't been able to talk to anyone that could indicate using these one way or the other would be beneficial to a beginner??

If anyone has any ideas we would love to hear them.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2003, 09:52 PM
venture32os

Default weights in paddles

If you install the lead in the trainer paddles you will find it much easyier to hover the heli. It will be almost twice as stablae as it was before. But on the other hand when you start into forward flight ans sharp turns it will not want to turn as sharp or as quickly as it would with out the weights. The weights slow down the input commands of the flybar.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Sanswire

Default Flybar Weights??

Thanks! I really appreciate the input.
As for now, I think I will continue to leave out the weights. I "appear" to be able to keep this is a rather stable hover as is. If it gets too squirrelly, I might add them.