Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

OS50 MAX & Voyager 50 setup

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

OS50 MAX & Voyager 50 setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 07:06 AM
bluefronted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS50 MAX & Voyager 50 setup

Now that my engine is broken in , My Needle is set at +/- 1 and a quarter ( 1.25) turns open.Is this fine or is it too lean ,If I open any more I loose a lot of power.What is the minimum that I should have the needle open , I feel that I need to close even more , for more power, My idle screw is almost still at factory mid point

I am using 15% nitro

Does anyone have expereience with this chopper w.r.t the pitch settings for hover , I am using -2 , +5 , + 9.5 , With this setting , I have to constantly play with the pitch offset to pick up speed and to lift off !!!!

I normall get hovering at just over 1/2 stick , sometimes 3/4 stick.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2003, 11:19 AM
planelazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S.

One way to tell is when you know your pitch is close to being right you can do a full power climb out and the engine should not bog down but you should be able to fly circuits to do this although you can give it a wide open burst straight up and then just bring it straight down again.There are so many variables,ambient temp,altitude etc. ONe to one and a quarter turns out should be close but you will never be able to tell for sure until you fly it around at altitude and let it get good and hot. Tim.