Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

New Toy - Ultimate Flying Saucer (pic/vid)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

New Toy - Ultimate Flying Saucer (pic/vid)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 04:36 PM
TurboRacer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Toy - Ultimate Flying Saucer (pic/vid)

This is my newest toy:

It's a Wowee Ultimate Flying Saucer. It is similar to the Vectron blackhawk because it has a tether (8ft) and is a VTOL machine. It is 4 channel. it has cyclic in all directions, throttle, and yaw. I tried it this morning for the first time. It is pretty tricky to get the hang of due to the Mode 2 controller, but I was able to fly it ok. If you really think about it, you can fly it, but if you get disoriented, you can press the wrong controls easily. It's got 4 small motors, and three onboard gyros. One gyro to level right & left cyclic, one for foward and back, and one for yaw. It looks like it could be fairly easy to mod with bigger motors, which it needs because I couldn't even touch my ceiling with it. Maybe they need to be broken in.

The price is right. At $30.00 on ebay brand new (street price of $99.00) plus a 9.6v 3000mah battery ($30) it will fly. Though that's another con compared to the Vectron which plugs into the wall, this needs a battery.

It's a fun toy from what I've seen this morning at 6:45, but can be improved upon. I can't wait to get home and experiment more. I made a video this morning, but since it was 6:45am, it was pretty dark.

Here's the vid: 3mb MPEG
Old 01-15-2003, 06:01 PM
eddie13231
My Feedback: (3)

Woah that's pretty sweet!
Old 01-16-2003, 01:44 PM
mark1231

It's a very cool toy I had two of them and they work pretty well. I added a power switch to the base because I got tired of having to disconnect the battery all the time. The idea is great, however both of mine developed speed controller problems after a couple of weeks. I liked it so much that ended up buying a Draganflyer III, it's very cool and the solid state gyros don't drift during flight like the mechanical gyros on the UFS.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:46 PM
TurboRacer
My Feedback: (4)

mark1231 - I think I am going to do the same thing.. I can't believe it didn't come with one from the factory?!?!!