Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking for tight ball links

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Looking for tight ball links

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 07:09 AM
stek79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for tight ball links

Hello guys,
for my next pattern airplane I wanted to reach a very high precision on control surfaces - no slop, no play.

To reach this goal I'm thinking about using some hely ball links, since I guess in the hely world it is extremely important to have a tight control linkage what lasts and don't wear.

So, what brand of ball links do you think are best? It would be good if that brand could be available also in Europe, not only in USA.

Many thanks to all for the help.

My control rods are 3mm thick.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:03 AM
da_man
My Feedback: (30)

Default RE: Looking for tight ball links

I use the links that come with the chopper, but if I have to buy some then I would get the rocket city ones. You can buy them or 4-40 threads which would be great for airplane. You should really take a look at central hobbies, they look like they specialize in pattern and I buy a few things from them every now and then.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:13 PM
stek79

Thank you da_man,
I know central, but unfortunately here those ball links are not sold.

The ball links that come with the chopper are of good quality? They develop any play, and if so after how much time?

Please tell me the brand of the hely, so I can order the links as replacement parts.

Thanks again.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:29 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally would not use a ball link on a plane. If you do, make sure it isn't too tight. That will cause you more problems. I use a ball link tool for my heli that I actually make the link work smoother. They don't get more slop, but they work better. If you use them out of the box, the servo has trouble centering them. I would something a little less likely to come off, expecially on a pattern plane.
The direct force on the controlls could pop them off.