Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Need some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:39 PM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some feedback

Hi all,

I have a Raptor 30 and a Raptor 50 Titan. Now I am in the market for another 50 size heli, one with eCCPM. I am strongly considering a Quick World Wide 50 size Pro. I know that some of you are going to flame this choice because some of you have a problem with Irwin at HHI. I am not asking about personality or anything like that. What I would like to have are some honest opinions about the machine. Pros and cons.

Hobbies and Helis happens to be 20 minutes from my house. I stopped there the other day and looked over the helis that were on display and to my eye they looked top notch. I am looking forward to hearing from people that have built and flown these machines.

Thanks for you input,
Jim
Old 10-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Helijack

Default RE: Need some feedback

In that case, you have parts support. If you like it buy it. Have you considered electrifying your rappys. folks are loving them
Old 10-25-2006, 08:16 AM
racer8297

Hi Helijack,

Thanks for the response. I have considered electric and in fact have an early MX400. But there is something about the smell and power of a fuel burning machine that I just love. My wife always tells people that I like to do things that make noise. Like the RC helis and airplanes, target shooting, motor sports. I use the MX400 indoors during the winter.

Jim
Old 10-25-2006, 11:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Dont expect a CCPM 50 to fly any better than your Raptor.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:07 PM
racer8297

BarracudaHockey,

I am not looking for a better flying heli. I just want something different. Also, to my eye, the Quick WW helicopter looks like a high quality line. Of course looks can be deceiving. Which is why I have posted the question.

Thank you for you input,
Jim
Old 10-25-2006, 12:26 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

Its cool. I've just seen people convert thier EVO's to CCPM and expect this drastic difference only to find out they spent 70 or 80 bucks for a slightly more responsive collective that they could have gotten by buying one servo.

Variety is the spice of life though.