Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

International Shipping please help!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

International Shipping please help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:50 PM
wayne-m01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default International Shipping please help!!!!!!

Hi guys,

This is a fasicinating subject but I am totaly overwhelmed by it.

Have just bidded on a Larry Jolly Airwolf fuse ARTF 60-90 size for around $2300.

The owner lives in California and only wanted to deliver within the USA.

I live in Norfolk in the United Kingdom.

I have stated that I will pay for a crate to be made up as he said he can build one and also pay for shipping.

So Q.

How do I start the ball rolling.

Do I contact FedEx or UPS as they seem to be the best but not necessarily the safest option and get them to pick up the crate from his house and deliver tracked to the UK??????

I will get it insured obviously but again do FedEx etc insure also.
I guess I need to get the dims of the crate and weight before they can quote me. I'm expecting to pay at least $1000 to have her shipped and have little confidence she will get here in one piece from some horror stories.

If anyone is in the UK and reading this and has had a heli shipped from the States, please help advise me.

Many thanks and sorry for my ignorance here
Wayne
Old 01-05-2007, 02:07 PM
JRexA

Default RE: International Shipping please help!!!!!!

Both Fed-Ex, UPS and DHL should be able to handle the job. But I have never used them for expensive Large Scale helicopters.

I have received a shipment with 5 Walkera 68B Helis from China with DHL, and that was without unhappy events.
I have also recived a large scale FG car from Germany with DHL, without incidents.

From my knowledge they all offer insured shipping.
If you need to use the Insurance, then it is a VERY good idea to have pictures made during the crating, and of the finished and packed crate.
Also pictures of the received crate and the unpacking.
If there is even the slightest doubt, then sign that it has been recieved but you think it has been damaged in transit.

Other options will be using a cargo Carrier/Shipping company like DFDS(Or Similar), but they make FedEx seam Cheap....
Old 01-09-2007, 12:17 PM
w.pasman

There's a similar thread at runryder
They talked about shipping-shops that can also PACK the stuff for you.
I understand it vital for insurance that the shipper gives his written okay to the packaging. otherwise if the package is damaged he will blame it on incorrect packaging.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:46 PM
wayne-m01

Many thanks for the information guys. Will certainly note it for when the crate has been built up

Cheers
Wayne