Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

XHELI.com is bad business

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

XHELI.com is bad business

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 PM
lineman44601

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XHELI.com is bad business

To R/C Universe I ain't sure what the best way is to get the word across the board about XHELI.com but I figure this is a good place to start. I bought a Heli from them that was suppose to be RTF intermediate, and it wasn't. when I emailed them they did not respond the first time. buy the time they responded to my second email my 30 day's was up and they would not replace it. The first response from them suggested I call their support number. So I did, about 20 times at different times of the day, and never got through. I would like to pass the word around to everyone not to shop there, they don't care about their customers so why should we care about them or their affiliates.

Pass the word if you can.

Thanks
Dan
Old 04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: XHELI.com is bad business

Your post is exactly within the guidelines of stating a problem with a vendor.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Jerry-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

I had the same problem with x heli. I ordered an electric motor with other parts and the motor didn't come with the order. They had backordered the motor, I found out later. So I called them and asked why didn't they e-mail me and let me know that they were having to backorder the motor. They offered me another motor similar to the one previously ordered. Two weeks went by and the motor has still not come in. We called them back and never got an answer, {this was during peak hours}. We think they blocked our number so they didn't have to deal with us anymore. I picked up my cell phone, and called. It rang twice before they picked up. I told them my motor hadn't come in yet and I was told that it had not been shipped yet. She said they would get it shipped soon. Another week went by and the motor STILL hadn't come in. I called once again, and there was no answer, {from my cell and my house phone, both}. I went to my daddy's house and called from there and it rang twice and they answered. I told them that I still hadn't recieved my motor. She told me it had been shipped, and that evening it came in. It wasn't what I expected. I sold it on e-bay. I didn't feel like dealing with them anymore.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:14 AM
mrasmm

try getting ahold of them by e-mail, they answer that better than they answer the phone =)

xheli is the same as raidentech, and they can indeed be a dice roll =)

If you're persistant enough though you can get what you need out of them =)
Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like to much work with so many other "GREAT" vendors out there. Thanks for the tip, I won't use them.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:09 PM
wer1wer1

I second or third this. They are bad bussiness. They sold me a used walkera gear with a busted one way bearing. They said they would ship a new one and never did.

I don't recommend them and will never use them again.

-=Bill
Old 10-12-2007, 05:09 PM
jerryboy111

i've made over 3 purchases from xheli so far and everything has been perfect. base on my experience, u just hv to kno what you're buying. they're just a market place for tons of rc helicopters and if u kno the quality of the brand and support, there shouldnt be any problem. their walkera and esky price are top-notch on the internet, cant find any better price
Old 10-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mrasmm

xheli is the same as raidentech, and they can indeed be a dice roll =)

If you're persistant enough though you can get what you need out of them =)

That explains it but I order the cheapo simulator and it came in just a few days. I have this cheap scale fuselage ordered which is on the way. We'll see what happens.

I did have to wait on the phone for quite some time but he finally answered. Sounds like a company with not enough help.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:47 PM
KCinNC

i have purchased 2 Heli's from them as well as quite a few parts...i was impressed with the fast response & shipping.

i purchsed parts from RaidenTech as well....i did notice the exact same shipper address?

i am having the same problem as you, only with SouthEastRC.com... fighting a losing battle[:@]
Old 10-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Cyclic Hardover

My order with them worked out fine. less than a week from start to finish
Old 10-21-2007, 10:47 AM
drumreff99

I've used Xheli a few times now and the only trouble i have with them is when you need to get a hold of someone. You can not reach them by phone. And if youe email them they only respond by saying that someone will call, and the no one ever does. Took me a whole two days to get through. There phone hours are noon to 6 pacific time, and thats fine but i live in Montana and got work at 2pm leaving me with only an hour to call. I think they want to help they just dont have the man power. Non the less, if your order goes well, nothing to fear, but it is endeed a dice roll.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:07 AM
nitrostaff1

hello, my name is john and i am the guy in charge of all the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_456/tt.htm]customer service support[/link] for nitroplanes.com on rcuniverse. just to let people know, xheli.com is now under our management and we will definitely put customer service as our #1 priority now and if you there's anything we can do to help, feel free to PM me or drop a line at our rcu support forum
Old 10-22-2007, 05:38 PM
ea01bg

well nitostaff1 I would say your 1st order of business would be to take care of lineman44601 . That would go a long way to restoring any faith in xheli.com
Old 10-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Cyclic Hardover

I think lineman is history, Has not been here since April
Old 10-23-2007, 11:21 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Good stuff John, thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
belloq

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1
... just to let people know, xheli.com is now under our management and we will definitely put customer service as our #1 priority now...
It would seem the same goes for raidentech? nitroplanes, xheli and raidentech seem to have very similar interfaces and stock supplies...
Old 10-26-2007, 03:58 PM
lineman44601

'm still here, just been watching off and on. Glad someone else is in charge we'll see how it goes.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:16 PM
kenvs

I received the Honey Bee FP yesterday that I ordered last week. The heli was packed well and arrived in perfect condition. The package arrived on time, was complete and my credit card wasn't charged until three days after the order was placed. After hearing the horror stories I'm actually impressed and will do business with Xheli again.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:44 PM
ilcapitano

I have been waiting for my order since 22 of november.

First I got confirmation that goods had been shipped. Tracking number and all.

Then when tracking number did not give me any results, I sent an email to Xheli. They responded that product is out of stock.
I told that I wanted to cancel my order if it was out of stock.
They told me its not out of stock and its been shipped (again). I wrote that then everything is ok.
Untill now USPS has got no records of shipment. Xheli told me that they will locate my shipment. After that no answers.

I have allready made some preliminary arrangements with credit card company to make sure that they know what kind of business this is, since they carry the risk about possible money lost to them.

I hope this customer manager (nitrostaff1) reads this and responces accordingly.

I'll keep you informed what's the out come of this deal.

Have a nice weekend!
Old 12-07-2007, 06:16 PM
ilcapitano

Good day again,

I got tired of waiting and called to xheli.
We agreed that deal is cancelled and they will give full refund to credit card company. I will confirm this next week from my credit card company.

Xheli has got a lot to improve if they want to keep on doing business. I won't (try) do business with them again.
If one wants to find some positive sides from this journey:they answer the phone, they respond to emails (information is not reliable on emails though).

Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 PM
cactus hopper

I've ordered online from xheli twice and had no problems either time. I got the order before my credit card was even charged, On the other hand I've had about a $400.00 order sitting in Helihobby's warehouse for eight days now. I hope they get around to shipping it before Christmas.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:44 PM
KCinNC

ORIGINAL: ilcapitano

I have been waiting for my order since 22 of november.

First I got confirmation that goods had been shipped. Tracking number and all.

Then when tracking number did not give me any results, I sent an email to Xheli. They responded that product is out of stock.
I told that I wanted to cancel my order if it was out of stock.
They told me its not out of stock and its been shipped (again). I wrote that then everything is ok.
Untill now USPS has got no records of shipment. Xheli told me that they will locate my shipment. After that no answers.

I have allready made some preliminary arrangements with credit card company to make sure that they know what kind of business this is, since they carry the risk about possible money lost to them.

I hope this customer manager (nitrostaff1) reads this and responces accordingly.

I'll keep you informed what's the out come of this deal.

Have a nice weekend!
does seem kinda funky that they gave you a shipping confirmation....then they tell you the item was out of stock ?? then they ship order again ??

hope you get it straightened out man....i hate dealing with online vendors sometimes
Old 12-08-2007, 07:40 AM
UH60Mech

I'm having the same problem as ilcapitano but with RaidenTech... and I've been waiting since the 16th of November. The last email response was 5 days ago and they said that they would contact me ASAP...

Funny, I've ordered from them before and gotten great response, but now that I'm spending a large sum of money, no one wants to answer the phone and it seems like they only answer emails on Monday Mornings....

Since there is an 11 hour difference between me and PST, it calls for LATE NIGHTS if I want to try to call... and if they call me (YEAH, that'll happen) I'm not going to sit around the shop waiting for a phone call I'll never get...

It kinda makes me wonder... I've gotten good service when I spend a few bucks here and there for parts and small orders, but now that I am making a large purchase I get caught in the blackhole of Customer Support..... I like their prices, but is it worth rolling the dice and ending up frustrated and grounded ???
Old 12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
jsherlock

Reading ilcapitano's problems with raidentech is both informative and a little depressing. I have had the exact same experience. I ordered my first helicopter as a Christmas present for my son in November and the communication went something like this:

- Raidentech - order sent and fed ex tracking number provided - I check and fed ex doesn't recogize the tracking number.
- Raidentech - it takes 24 to 48 hours for tracking number to show up - I check repeatedly three days, four days, five days........ nothing
- Raidentech - order is out of stock and will be re-stocked in 3-5 weeks - I email and I need it for Christmas and I want a refund
- Raidentech - sorry order has been shipped and but it takes 24 to 48 hours to show up on courier site. I can refuse the order and they will refund, but not shipping costs. - I check tracking number with FedEx... nothing - I email another complaint
- Raidentech - restock has just come in and item will be shipped on Monday and I should recieve order in 5 days - Tuesday.... nothing....Raidentech site shipping status and tracking number are both blank - I send an email asking for confirmation of shipment....
- Raidentech - no response.

This web site should have a designated page of disreputable on-line dealers and dependable dealers. Unfortunately, I found out about Raidentech too late.

Any ideas how I get my money back? Credit card of course.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 AM
redvtr1000

Dispute that charge with your credit card company. Fill out the appropriate paperwork and include a typed up list of what you did. The card company will review and issue a provisional credit (usually) right away. They will investigate, and with your list of replies and bogus emails, they will side with you. Credit card companies are usually pretty good about taking care of this type of stuff (have been for me at least). The vendor stands to lose here IMO.

I bought a carb for an atv a while back and got the same kind of run around. I declined the charges after fighting with the company for a week and a half. They shipped the carb but it was too late for me, there are hundreds of vendors out there and after being treated like that, I wasn't giving them any of my money. Carb showed up and was left on the doorstep (after I disputed). The company was pretty peeved about it and wanted me to pay the shipping to return it. I never paid shipping, never returned that carb, and they never got paid either.

I would have been willing to return it had they sent me a postage paid box or scheduled a pickup but I wasn't going out of my way for them when they clearly wouldn't do it for their customers. I explained all this to the credit card company and they were very understanding. I would go the same route on your purchase, just jump through their hoops and they probably will set you right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.