Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Bearing-less 4 blade head

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Bearing-less 4 blade head

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 06:12 AM
UH-1MTP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearing-less 4 blade head

Anyone flying the EC-135 with the bearing-less head and scale blades? Are you running the multi-blade gyro on pitch, and roll axis? Trying to decide weather or not to purchase said gyro for my setup.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Mike
Old 03-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Vario

You would be better off removing the head and putting the new generation of 4 blade head on the heli. Reason being is that head was never easy to fly, and as of now the head and blades have been discontinued, so if you have a mishap and ruin a blade or two, you cannot get a replacement.
Joe
Old 03-01-2003, 09:29 PM
UH-1MTP

Default cont.

I may have taken it wrong, but it sounds as if you're saying the bearing-less head and blades are un-useable. The bearing-less head and blades I have have zero time on them. Do they not fly well, or what is the deal with them? Why was the head discontinued, were they never successful?
Would the multi-blade pitch roll gyro make the head and blades useable?
Old 03-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Vario

Vario had problems finding a vendor to make the blades properly. You could try the multibladed gyro, as it will help stabilize the head. It is not the easiest head to fly. You also need very strong servos on the swash as the blades always want to pull back to 0 pitch.
Joe
Old 03-03-2003, 04:11 PM
UH-1MTP

Default Thanks Joe

Joe,
Your help is appreciated. Although I've been flying full scale for more than 10 years, the models still tax my brain on occasion. I'm sure Vario would be happy to sell me a new version of their four bladed head and blades to replace my "new" old version bearing-less head and "new" old version blades, you gotta love free trade man!
Thanks,
-Mike
Old 03-22-2003, 03:39 AM
3DHELINUT
My Feedback: (3)

Default bearing-less head

UH-1MTP I would not agree that that head is useless, I had put over 50 flights on that head without any problems, grant you it did require the pilot to control it through all maneuvers. and I did not use the multi blade gyro.

I have sold the heli and it is still flying with the same head for the last three years. If you have the head then by all means use it and if you decide you don't like it then change it.

The EC135 looks a lot better with the 4 bladed bearing less electrometric head.

Just my 2 cents

Alan...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	64752_19861.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	36887