Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

The choas manuever

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 01:26 AM
da_man
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The choas manuever

It is done so fast that I don't see what is going on. It looks like a tumbling piro. Also how do you do a manuever like this.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:01 AM
Snootch
My Feedback: (14)

This should be helpful

http://www.gravityshots.com/flash/piriflipg.swf
Old 03-25-2003, 10:16 PM
mogles
My Feedback: (7)

Default chaos

This link you send is not correct. No way that is how a chaos is done.

Buy a video from ebay on any of the competition and play it slow.
You should get it.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:40 AM
CrAzYfLyEr-RCU

actually your link is excactly how the manuever is done....its actually a piroetting flip.....with left rudder input you rotate elevators and ailerons clockwise as shown......with right rudder input you would go counter clockwise....timing is very critical....i recommend practicing on the sim first....alot here recently call it a chaos because of how it looks when done at such a high rate of speed...seems to be easier when done fast
Old 03-26-2003, 03:34 PM
mogles
My Feedback: (7)

Default Chaos

Absolutely no way you call this a chaos. The link shows only half of the chaos correct. The other half, the tail goes from one corner so does speak to the other without passing the center. A correct chaos the tail is rotated alway thorugh everytime the helicoter is rotated 45degrees.

I have studied this chaos quite a bit. CY does a perfect and symetric chaos in one of his 1999 Ircha tape. What you see today is a derivation of the chaos althought a true sense of chaos but there isn't much symetry in it now.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:01 AM
CrAzYfLyEr-RCU

study harder:rainfro:
Old 03-31-2003, 04:56 PM
patternfly

CrAzYfLyEr is right - Study Harder. Chaos does not have to look the same every time, it depends on timing speed etc. Chaos done by Curtis Youngblood in fact looks different than that performed by Allan Sharbo. Both are the same maneuver.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:09 PM
robdoyle
My Feedback: (1)

Default Practice

If I understand correctly..isn't the Chaos Manuever a traveling piro-flip?

As with any advanced manuever, you will need to break it down.

You will need to learn how to do the following to accurately control the heli:

Flip in any attitude
Rightside-up piro to the left
Upside-down piro to the left

--Learn to do the piro manuevers slow! Going fast makes it easier to do the flip from but is harder to control...especially when you get confused.
- If you do get confused, STOP pirohuetting and straighten yourself out
- Do one full 360 degree piro before flipping
- I found the best time to START the flip right side up to inverted is when the nose is at 9-o'clock position. The same when inverted. START the flip. Practicing at these two locations will eventually make it easier for you to keep it under control.

It took me about 6 months of practice on the sim to complete my first succesful piro-flip in real life. I can now after 8 months do a piro-flip as long as I want and have just started learning how to control the manuever. As in, chaos loop, chaos circle.

I also found that learnign the piro-flip/chaos. I can now do Inverted piro-funnels and inverted pirohuetting loops.

Big Rob
www.WorldofRC.com
Old 04-26-2003, 09:47 AM
shorthop

Default He is right (mogles)

A true chaos is a very tight piro loop..what most guys are calling a chaos is actually a sustained piro flip.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Hitch-Hiker

Chaos in the video is a really good (very slow) example...

The tail can rotate either direction and when done right, appears to be changing directions because of the normal to inverted orentation. I personally prefer using a right tail input, this does load the head a bit more, but just seems a bit more comfortable for me.

http://www.augustoheli.com/videos/vi...DemoNight.mpeg

Here is a video of Alan Szabo and it has a camera shot of his fingers on the radio during a chaos.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:56 AM
johnboy_1stuk

from the masters how to win page......

Manoeuvre 19, k=2 The Chaos manoeuvre should be performed in clear vision of the judges at around medium altitude. My understanding of the manoeuvre is that it is an incredibly fast and tightly controlled constant pirouetting flips. As judges, we will be looking for tightly controlled examples that should be held for a minimum of ten seconds up to a staggering 30 seconds Sustained Chaos

that'll' do for me :thumbup:

http://www.3dmasters.org.uk/win.htm
Old 05-22-2003, 02:53 AM
likleong

Can anybody/expert told me how to do this manuever? I saw some people only input the rudder and elevator, but some people use both elevator and alieon.
I don't understand when to move the elevator and when to move the alieon, is there any tricks? which rudder(L/R) is suitable for this manuever?
Old 05-23-2003, 11:48 AM
w.pasman

chaos is NOT piroflip. Check the RR thread on this.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:57 PM
Hitch-Hiker

Piro flip = 1 flip to or from inverted with the tail spinning either direction

Tumble piro = from upright to inverted to upright with the tail spinning either direction

Tumbling piro = More than just one tumble piro

Choas = Continual tumbling piro flips either stationary or traveling.

Choas is not a part of a piro flip, but piro flip is a MAJOR part of a Choas.

On another note, I have seen some guys fly entire flights that I would describe as total choas
Old 05-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Augusto

A good controlled sustained piroueting flip will have the rotor disc flipping in the same direction over and over while the tail pirouettes around the main shaft axis. There's no particular number of pirouettes per flip required. Some pilots to a lot of pirouettes per each main rotor disc flip such as Jason Krause an others do less tail pirouettes per main rotor disc flip such as Alan Szabo. That's what makes them seem different.

Not too many people can do a good sustained piroflip. Most people piroflip and kind of "catch it" over and over so the disc is not really flipping in the same direction.

Now a chaos is a sustained piroflip where the pilot purposely and in a controlled manner does a maintained piroflip and instead fo having the main rotor disc flip in one single direction he very slowly rotates the flipping direction 360 degrees to a full turn of the flipping axis.

In other words, while the tail keeps pirouetting at a rapid pace, the top of the flipping main rotor disc is flipping say forward away from you in a sustained piro-flip and then slowly turns into fliping left (counterclockwise) and then slowly turns into flipping backwards or (towards you) and then slowly turns into flipping right (clockwise) and then again forward (away from you). During all this time the tail has been pirouetting around the main shaft in a sustained piro-flip whose flipping rotation has been rotated around 360 degrees.

The big deal about this maneuver is that it shows that you have complete control of the sustained piroflip in any orientation of the flipping rotation.

I have never seen anyone do a real chaos and I understand Curtis either saw or performed a good one only once or twice.

Augusto.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:50 PM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Originally posted by Hitch-Hiker
...On another note, I have seen some guys fly entire flights that I would describe as total choas
count me in...