Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

what parts are compatable with belt-cp??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

what parts are compatable with belt-cp??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 08:09 PM
3kgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what parts are compatable with belt-cp??

i got a esky belt cp and was looking for some better parts. esky makes some upgraded parts but i heard their not made of good quality. i've seen on helidirect.com some of the trex450 upgrades/parts say: fits hdx450 and belt cp. so, now im thinking this is a good thing but, what parts really fit? this is my first heli and i know alot of you experienced guys/gals could help me a bit. thanks
Old 09-22-2007, 04:56 PM
crashinbash
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: what parts are compatable with belt-cp??

I have also been experimenting with upgrade parts for the belt cp. I have purchased the E-sky aluminum swashplate and carbon fibre frame along with carbon fibre fins.
No sure who says the quality of these parts is not up to par, I find they are very well machined and the carbon fibre is just as good as my t-rex parts.

Things like the the HDX superframe will work with the belt cp, but in converting you will find yourself just wanting to get the hdx tail and boom...and gears for it. I tried the
microheli tail servo aluminum mounts and they fit, the align carbon fibre paddles also work well. Here's an extended list of parts I've tried on the Belt cp with success

HDX 315mm FRP Carbon Fiber Main Blade
1.5mm G10 Black Fiber Vertical/Horizontal Fins
T-REX 315mm Wooden Main Blade
T-REX All Metal Rotor Head Set V2 (fits but the mixing seems strange, haven't tested in flight)
T-REX XL Canopy and fibre glass canopy (these make it look way better)
Align tail rotor blades HS1208 (tail very whippy, almost too responsive)

ESKY has a ton more hop ups and upgrades for the belt cp but I've been unable to find them in any stores. Here's the Esky upgrades website
http://www.twf-sz.com/english/sjj1.a...s=EK1H-E013/14
If you happen to come across any places that carry these particular parts we'd love the input

I have pics If requested
cheers
Old 09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
3kgt

here's another website that carries parts/upgrades for b-cp; www.ehirobo.com. i bought these cf blades from helidirect which fits the b-cp but are listed in the t-rex . you need to sand the main blades alittle (main rotor holder) and you also need to get the rex flybar for the paddles. i also got a rex canopy which does look nicer but, would like to know if the rex's landing skid and boom fit (from xl). btw your b-cp is looking pretty damn good.

High Quality 325mm Symetrical Carbon Fiber Main Blade T-REX
REAL Carbon Fiber Tail Blades - T-REX/Shogun/Walkera/3DX400
REAL Carbon Fiber Paddle Set - T-REX 450X/XL/Shogun
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31879.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	767942  
Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
crashinbash

I just tested trying some T-Rex Xl land skids and struts on the Belt cp for you. They fit and they don't fit. Here's a picture to reference

As you can see on frame, I screwed only the right side in because the left side's hole is 6mm off. But if you drill a new hole (only when you do it on the left will this work)and mount it, when I check with the caliper there is only a 4-5mm difference from one side vs. the other . The naked eye wouldn't notice it but your heli may want to tip to the right a little bit on take off.

I'm going to try those blue anodized super skids on the belt cp and I'll tell you what happens once my order gets here. If they don't work on my belt cp I can always put them on my T-REX SE

cheers
Old 09-25-2007, 11:43 PM
macsrgreat

Hey thanks for the info did you ever fly the bird with the trex head on? Or look at what was werid about the mixing? just curious i would like to do the same thing.

THX Rus.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:15 PM
crashinbash

I don't have the head anymore, I sold it to pay for the Carbon fibre mainframe for the belt cp. But I do remember that because the belt cp likes a maximum of -8 and +8 of pitch the t-rex head drove the plades pitch too high and too low. I udjusted for the travel in my futaba radio and made the links longer but the head still had trouble producing the right pitch I wanted. There was also a couple very minor things like fitting the swash to the swash guide, the T_REX swashplate actually has the ccpm mixing ball links in the opposite position that the belt cp's. (refer to picture) If you could use the stock swashplate, or the aluminum I have in the pic you might be able to get it to work with the head.

I am going to buy an HDX head and some point and try it with the esky swashplate.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66141.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	770749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25425.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	770750  
Old 09-26-2007, 04:33 PM
macsrgreat

Hey thanks so much for the info that is really really informative. That will really save me time and effort. Let us know how the HDX works.
I have heard that you can use easy off to get rid of the pink color they use on the cnc stuff to get it back to silver. I just think that color blows.

Again thx! Rus.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:39 PM
crashinbash

I am colourblind and have been told the parts are purple, either way If I can't see it I don't care lol I like to keep all my heli setups one solid color. If E-sky ever comes out with promtional shirts I'll make sure someone tells me ahead of time if it's pink before buying

(plus when you anozide aluminum the coating atcually makes it 10-20 times stronger)
Old 09-29-2007, 05:21 AM
edith228

esky upgrade parts,you could find these in:
http://www.rc-spareparts.com/esky-sp...s-c-53_27.html
http://www.rc-fever.com/belt-cp-upgr...-up-c-173.html
http://www.esky-heli.com/belt-cp-upgrade-c-173.html
Old 09-29-2007, 07:39 AM
3kgt

rc-spareparts has the swashplate the cheapest i've seen so far. thanks for the extra links.

crash; thanks for the pix, the rex plastic landing braces are off a little so, i decided to go with some alloy braces which will be better since i can drill new holes. i will soon post some pix of my belt/rex .
Old 10-06-2007, 12:46 PM
USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: crashinbash

I have also been experimenting with upgrade parts for the belt cp. I have purchased the E-sky aluminum swashplate and carbon fibre frame along with carbon fibre fins.
No sure who says the quality of these parts is not up to par, I find they are very well machined and the carbon fibre is just as good as my t-rex parts.

Things like the the HDX superframe will work with the belt cp, but in converting you will find yourself just wanting to get the hdx tail and boom...and gears for it. I tried the
microheli tail servo aluminum mounts and they fit, the align carbon fibre paddles also work well. Here's an extended list of parts I've tried on the Belt cp with success

HDX 315mm FRP Carbon Fiber Main Blade
1.5mm G10 Black Fiber Vertical/Horizontal Fins
T-REX 315mm Wooden Main Blade
T-REX All Metal Rotor Head Set V2 (fits but the mixing seems strange, haven't tested in flight)
T-REX XL Canopy and fibre glass canopy (these make it look way better)
Align tail rotor blades HS1208 (tail very whippy, almost too responsive)

ESKY has a ton more hop ups and upgrades for the belt cp but I've been unable to find them in any stores. Here's the Esky upgrades website
If you happen to come across any places that carry these particular parts we'd love the input

I have pics If requested
cheers

working on my shipment from esky now. maybe 2 - 3 weeks out.

The posts below yours are all located overseas. I hate the wait, so when i get them, they will be here in the states, 2 to 3 days shipping to most of you folks.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
themartaman

Helimax 400 main gear works without modification.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:51 PM
evandro_net

Hi,

I plan to use it on [link=http://www.virtualhobbyshops.com/product_info.php/cPath/13/products_id/806]450 head on Belt CP[/link]. Just need to use original main shaft and change the position of Anti Rotation Bracket.

It is complete one upgrade

http://www.virtualhobbyshops.com/pro...roducts_id/806

I find it on another post:

(Why go cnc part)- "...to answer your question you can get more collective and cyclic pitch, run higher headspeed, more blade options, 4mm spindle vs 2mm stock spindle." (SkunkyMagoo)

Regards
Old 04-22-2009, 05:12 PM
dude7422

seen parts at deal extreme http://www.dealextreme.com/
Old 04-27-2009, 01:11 PM
john2364

I have use the Align tail linkage. I just had to get a second align ball stud.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
helicrazedout

well my belt cp is as follows and all thease parts on it work great!!! hyperion 30a esc JRg490t gyro towerpro sg90 on cyclic hitec 81hs on tail dx7 ar7000 and only electronic left is the esky motor. i think the only good part on the belt cp that dosent need to be upgraded is the motor just my opinion since my motor is now over 1yr old and works very well!
Old 07-11-2009, 01:58 AM
toycoma98

Any more parts that is compatible?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:31 AM
happy-dingo

HI all, I have a quetion that I hope some one has the answer
Does any one know if the Esky belt- CP ..... Metal Head / tail  upgrade -  are these the same size / compatiable with Trex 450 clone ???
are the Esky metal upgrades as good / strong as the cnc 450 metal upgrades ..... I need to upgrade several hellies (walkera's- 2x #60 1x #36 and HK450 trex clone) as the Esky upgrades are around $20 dollars cheaper than the other metal upgrades Im hoping (wishing) the Esky ones are the same.
Have fun
Dingo