Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Discouraging month

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
nitrohog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discouraging month

This hobby can be a very rewarding one, but when things go wrong they go big. I have crashed my Shuttle Z .30 Twice this summer now. Today and then almost exactally a month ago. Today I was flying it and it started acting funny, radio glitch pushing full collective. I almost had it down again when it pitched full right and went in hard (in front of a large crowd may I add). Last month I pushed a tank of fuel a little too far and it pushed back, I was unable to autorotate in time. To top it all off I also put my 3D plane in a corn field and piled my Blade CPP in a couple of times. Other than that I have taken my training gear off, started forward flight, stall turns, and thinking about trying some basic aerobatics with my Blade CPP. On the up side, I bet Heliproz loves me, over $300 in the last month almost all of it Hirobo parts. I just had to vent, any one elese have a tough summer?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:30 PM
[]TEX[]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Discouraging month

Been flying helis for a while and on month into my brand new Raptor I got a case of dumb thumbs in a nose in hover. Tapped the tail on the ground and spun the heli into the ground for a chicken dance finish. Ya, it sucks, but I got new parts and rebuilt it.

On the other hand I have crashed my 450 more than 10 times this summer, only because I don;t care and do the silliest things with it. None the less, it's a bummer.