Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Heliproz vs. Heli-World

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Pyrro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heliproz vs. Heli-World

Does anyone have any experience with these two retailers? I am in the market for a Raptor and Futaba 9CH radio and both have them for the same price although Heliproz has the GY502 gyro for $30 or so less. Is one retailor more reliable than the other. I dont want to flame any retailers but just looking for the best deal.

any info would be helpful.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:47 PM
Jcadwell

I've ordered from both with no problems. I prefer Heliproz personally. They give me free shipping on all orders over 100$, regardless of whether it is a net order or a phone order. Heli-World will only give you the shipping deal on net orders. I also get to speak with helicopter pilots when I call Heliproz. Heli-World has had little information when I've called and asked for advice. Seeing as how you are in CA, Heli-World might be worth thinking about just because you could get your stuff faster. Heliproz is in Montana.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Snootch
My Feedback: (14)

Heliproz hands down!!!!
I hate Heli-World. Every time I’ve ordered from them there was a problem.
Rick’s RC is also VERY highly recommended.

Ralph P.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:05 PM
4 point roll
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Default yep

I will second Ricks R/C. If you try Ricks though don't get discouraged if you have to leave a message. They will ALWAYS get back to you the same day. Very nice to deal with to.

Just my .02
Old 04-01-2003, 08:13 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I use heliproz almost exclusivley. They have my order to me the next day, and usually no charge for shipping, and I can call with questions any time. They are great to deal with in all respects.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Hivoltage
My Feedback: (3)

Default Heliproz

Heliproz here too. They are a great place to shop.!!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Pyrro

Thanks!!

I just realized that with Heliproz, I dont have to pay tax or shipping. Heli-world is in California so I'd have to pay sales tax. Am I right?

I'll check out Rick's RC.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:52 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

I live a good hours drive (or more) from Heli-World and only go there when I am absolutely in dire need of something and can't wait. I find the people that work there are fairly ignorant and not helpful at all plus they seem to be distinctly lacking in customer service. This opinion
is shared with several other local Heli flyers I fly with.
You will also pay Ca. sales tax if you live in Ca. - another drawback.

For Mailorder I use the following:

GR8LAKESRC.Com (excellent prices
if the item is in stock)

Heliproz.Com
Old 04-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Bluto

Heliproz the only way to go, I tried GR8LAKESRC.Com last year, I ordered a set of TT680 carbon blades got the order confirmation and never got the blades, on the upside my credit card was never billed either. Have they gotten better about this? I would love to use them I live in Iowa so transit time would be two days.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:45 AM
crash1953

Heliproz is by far the best place .. I have been doing buisness with them for 3 ys and never had a problem .. They seem to be very honest and I have met them all in their store .. Really nice guys ..They even invited my son and me to fly with them after they shut the doors for the nite .. If you have any questions ,they know just about everything there is about helis and are reliable .. I also have never had a problem getting my order from them .. It always is here in less than a week ..
Old 04-02-2003, 03:31 AM
NV Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

I have ordered from both with no problems. Heliproz are good to deal with over the phone. I prefer to order from them. But Heli World is closer and I get regular UPS from them the next day.

No complaints about either one.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:01 AM
trey3670
My Feedback: (10)

heliproz is who i just got my raptor v2 from,free shipping and the folks are great,dont forget to check out thier beginers page it has some great info!
Old 04-04-2003, 04:33 AM
BeauGM

Heliproz Rulz!!!!!

I have placed 12-15 orders from them by phone and online. Orders are usually accurate and whenever I email or telephone I am always handled promptly. The manager (Eric) spent over 30 minutes on the phone with me when I was ordering my first arf (Caliber 30) and radio (JR XP8103pcm). Great customer service!!
Old 04-06-2003, 01:50 AM
stevenyc1

Heliproz is great- just beware that if you have any issues with a product they sell- they will defer you to the manufacturer and wont in most cases replace anything....talking from experience here.

I know nothing about MHW as I've never ordered from them (yet)...

..have fun guys!
Old 04-06-2003, 04:51 AM
Snootch
My Feedback: (14)

I second that, I’ve had the same experience with Heliproz.
No one can match Rick’s RC when it comes to customer service and satisfaction.

Ralph P.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:36 PM
patternfly

HeliProz and Rick's!!!

After very lengthly struggle with heli-world over wrong item's shipped to me I've decided to never go there again.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:25 AM
J Welch

Heliproz is best. I've had some problems with Heliworld. Both are good venders.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Baja170
My Feedback: (8)

I've ordered from HeliProz 6 times and Joel has handled my last 3 at least. Joel and HeliProz has been GREAT. Jut order a 9CHP and other stuff Friday in fact.

They ROCK!! Would not hesitate to order from them again. Very nice people!

William

I have also ordered from Ricks and they were very nice, and prompt and had the best deal on an OS 32SX-H at the time. (about 5 years ago) Nice people as well.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:43 PM
crash1953

I have odered from Heli Proz so many times I cant count them all ..I have always been treated fairly and the advice I have asked for has been right on ... As far as I am concerned ,I will keep on ordering there .. I have also met the crowd there and have gotten along with all of them.. They even invited me to fly with them when I was there .. I was in their shop just last week when I wen to Wy. to see my son .. We both made a trip back up to Billings just to go there and see them .. They are a really good bunch of guys there and you will never go wrong shopping there .Also one other thing. I screwed my order up once and they caught it and called me on my cell after they called my home to find me and talking to my wife to tell me and ask if that was what I wanted .. They saved me easily a hundred dollars by catching that mistake .IMO..
Old 04-27-2003, 06:38 PM
syclic

Default Rick's

I have ordered from both and found them both worthy. But I now fly Century heli's and Heli-Proz do not carry them so I find myself dealing with Heli-World and Rick's. Rick's is the best of the three.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:02 PM
Buzzin Brian
My Feedback: (1)

I have dealt with all three. I have had problems with Heli-World. They did get resolved, but not with the friendly hastle free attitude I thought should have been present considering I had just spent $1500. HeliProz has always been great. Ricks has been as well. I would strongly recomend either to anyone. Usually the only thing that dictates which one I will go to is the price and availability. That being said I try to support my LHS as much as possable. But he doesn't have it, or can't get it quickly. I usually wind up going to HeliProz first. If they don't have it, it is Ricks. If they don't have it, I usually wait until one of them does unless I have to have it. And even then I don't go to Heli-World. For what it is worth.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Falcon 46

Default Hehe

I sit here reading this after 2 weeks of dealing with Heli World because I own a Century Heli and chuckle at others comments. I recently was pointed at this site so I am reading this well after the fact.

I couldnt agree more, a degree of arrogance and lack of desire to do things from *certain* folks I talk to on the phone is irritating. I have had one decent experience on the phone with reguards to making a return/exchange without a hassle.

The most notable complaint I can think of is that having had 4 problems with a single order recently, the largest concern is "When did you order that", not "how can I help you." After re-reading their return policy it is because they only offer free return up to 7 days after recieving your order. However the person I dealt with told me that "It doesnt matter when you got it, only when you ordered it". How absurd would that be? Took 7 days for me to get it....

All this being said, their pricing is competitive. However, I sit waiting for replacement parts for defective ones I got on my original order with them, that should have been shipped a week ago and I had to call to ask where they were and they were not shipped due to the order being put on hold fo some odd reason.

All appears to be dealt with and all in all after 2.5 weeks I am sure I will live. If it wasnt for the fact that I own a century Heli, I would not purchase from Heli World again. My next Heli purchase will be something I can get parts for anywhere.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Jcadwell

Falcon, consider switching over to Rick's. They stock the Century line and parts. I'm not sure if they will serve as a warranty center though.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Falcon 46

Thanks, just looked at the site!