Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need help with setup JR 9303 and a 6 ch receiver

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Need help with setup JR 9303 and a 6 ch receiver

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:14 PM
haasjj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with setup JR 9303 and a 6 ch receiver

If you read my other post in the trex thread you are a little informed of my problem if not here goes.

I need some help setting up a 6 ch receiver on my trex heli. I have used 7 ch receivers in the past so I always used the AUX 2 for the rate on my gyro, but now I have to use the gear ch for the rate and I don't know how to set it up this way. Has someone done this I'm sure there have been 1 or 2 so please help or at send me to a link that explains how to do it or a page in the jr9303 manual.

This is what I have done so far but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it is correct.

In the function list on the radio and in rudd I put position 0 on the D/R at 75% which would be heading hold for this radio and the fut401 gyro, but that would normaly go under the gyro sens.

Under position 1 i am using 40% which would be non HH or the rate mode since I am only using a 2 pos switch the pos 2 on the menu would not work.

Does this sound correct or am I doing something wrong.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:42 PM
tippy

Default RE: Need help with setup JR 9303 and a 6 ch receiver

ORIGINAL: haasjj

If you read my other post in the trex thread you are a little informed of my problem if not here goes.

I need some help setting up a 6 ch receiver on my trex heli. I have used 7 ch receivers in the past so I always used the AUX 2 for the rate on my gyro, but now I have to use the gear ch for the rate and I don't know how to set it up this way. Has someone done this I'm sure there have been 1 or 2 so please help or at send me to a link that explains how to do it or a page in the jr9303 manual.

This is what I have done so far but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it is correct.

In the function list on the radio and in rudd I put position 0 on the D/R at 75% which would be heading hold for this radio and the fut401 gyro, but that would normaly go under the gyro sens.

Under position 1 i am using 40% which would be non HH or the rate mode since I am only using a 2 pos switch the pos 2 on the menu would not work.

Does this sound correct or am I doing something wrong.
I have no experience with JR equipment so these are just guesses.

The standard setup (per TX manual) is to plug your gyro mode/gain lead into AUX2 (which is the 7th channel).
With a 6 ch RX, you would go up to AUX1 only???
So you have:
THRO
AILE
ELEV
RUDD
GEAR
AUX1

So what's plugged into the GEAR slot of the RX???

Ok ... assuming the GEAR slot is available ...

First ... disable the Gear Switch from the GEAR function ... see H12/H13 - Switch assignments/Activate-Deactivate Switches.
You need to INHI the GEAR switch from affecting the GEAR function.

Second ... see if you can program a mix of AUX2->GEAR @ 100%. This should cause the GEAR channel to produce the same signal as the AUX2 channel. You should be able to verify this at your servo [MONITOR] screen. Verify GEAR and AUX2 channels have the same servo command.

If this works, just plug the gyro mode/sense lead into the RX GEAR slot and program the TX as if it were at AUX2. Just be sure to never turn the mix off or mix anything else to the GEAR function.

I noticed in the TX manual that the TX has multi-point mixes available and even gives an example mixing of FMOD (Flight Mode) to GEAR channel.
I'm theorizing that you could also use this feature to produce the necessary gyro mode/gain settings for each flight mode if you know what you were doing with the numbers.

Not knowing anything about JR TX's and 6ch JR RX's that's my best guess. Maybe a JR expert will chime in and help the both of us.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:07 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

Damn Tippy, that's pretty good. I'm not a JR guy either but your logic makes sense.
Well, I might be a JR guy. I just got the 9303 2.4g friday but haven't done anything with it. My 9c was full and I didn't want to buy more memory and 72mhz rx's, but I also didn't want to spend $1200 on the Futaba 12ch.
Hello JR!!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Big feet

ORIGINAL: badazzbusa

Damn Tippy, that's pretty good. I'm not a JR guy either but your logic makes sense.
Well, I might be a JR guy. I just got the 9303 2.4g friday but haven't done anything with it. My 9c was full and I didn't want to buy more memory and 72mhz rx's, but I also didn't want to spend $1200 on the Futaba 12ch.
Hello JR!!!!!
Welcome to the green grass side of the fence. Always had JR, understand JR, don't understand Futaba (I'm sure its a good system too, I'm not looking for a fight here), but the extra memory thing Futaba uses makes sooo much sense I just wonder why others don't do it too. I think I read somewhere that the top of the range JR stuff has the same sort of feature, but I'm really not sure. It late, I'm tired, so sorry if I'm wrong.

I think you can reasign the flight mode switch ( and therefore the Gyro sensitivity) in 'device select' menu, in the menu you get when you hold 'enter' and power on. Goto Gear channel and change switch select to FM.

As I said, I'm tired, but I think this will work. If not drop me a PM and I will have a look tomorrow. I'm doing some strange mixing on my Titan, using the gear channel for the Govener, you can check it all on the monitor as stated above. Nice feature that.

Cheers, I'm off to bed,
Old 01-19-2008, 09:48 PM
haasjj

I am going to be quoting with out using the quote feature, its so I can answer and keep track of where I'm at.

So you have:
THRO = ESC
AILE = 1 of the three servos for swash/ cyclic
ELEV = #2
RUDD = Gyro
GEAR = rate gain
AUX1 #3 of the three servos for swash/ cyclic

So what's plugged into the GEAR slot of the RX??? The rate gain plug for the gyro

Ok ... assuming the GEAR slot is available ... nope

First ... disable the Gear Switch from the GEAR function ... see H12/H13 - Switch assignments/Activate-Deactivate Switches.
You need to INHI the GEAR switch from affecting the GEAR function. Its slightly different with jr you don't disable it you simply INH and set it up to work on the aux 2 switch

Second ... see if you can program a mix of AUX2->GEAR @ 100%. This should cause the GEAR channel to produce the same signal as the AUX2 channel. You should be able to verify this at your servo [MONITOR] screen. Verify GEAR and AUX2 channels have the same servo command. I am going to try it a different way first but this meathod should also work.

If this works, just plug the gyro mode/sense lead into the RX GEAR slot and program the TX as if it were at AUX2. Just be sure to never turn the mix off or mix anything else to the GEAR function. One thing about some of the mixes on jr radio's they can be set to always on but as I said I'm going to try a different way first.

I noticed in the TX manual that the TX has multi-point mixes available and even gives an example mixing of FMOD (Flight Mode) to GEAR channel.
I'm theorizing that you could also use this feature to produce the necessary gyro mode/gain settings for each flight mode if you know what you were doing with the numbers. Yes this is true and I have used these types of mixes with airplanes but I did not want to use it with the gyro rate.

Not knowing anything about JR TX's and 6ch JR RX's that's my best guess. Maybe a JR expert will chime in and help the both of us.

You did a great job and after reading your answer here and a thread on RR I figured it out, now I just have to put the tail of my heli back together and get it in the air. I had taken it apart to see if there was some kind of mechanical problem and everything was fine until I broke the little fork deal that controls the pitch of the TR blades. Oh well I bought the upgrade parts for the V2 and I should be a better setup than the V1.

Thank you very much for your help.

This was just one of the setup's I had never done this way and got confused and frustrated.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
tippy

haasjj::...after reading your answer here and a thread on RR I figured it out ...
My answer was just a blind guess. For the benefit of me and everyone else following the thread ... what was the fix you used?
Old 01-20-2008, 04:56 PM
haasjj

Don't fell bad we were both guessing but in the end it worked, I flew this morning so thanks again.

Here is what I did so if someone else has the problem they can follow along and test this to see if it helps.

Under the SYSTEM Menu first

Device select

select GEAR then RUD D/R then under AUX2 select AUX2 and go to bottom and ACT both Gear and AUX2 I am not sure if gear has to be activated or not I'll check that next time I fly it. Checked it and yes GEAR has to be ACT

I need to check something quick so I'll add the rest in a bit.

In the FUNC. LIST under D/R & EXP set the RUDD to 100% for all three positions if you are using a Fataba 401 gyro, the gyro has a limit pot on it so you don't need to set the D/R thru the radio.

FUNC. LIST under TRVL ADJ.

set GEAR to +60% and - 80% this will be different with each heli but the numbers work good for my TRex, and to set the -80% you need to put the RUDD D/R Switch in the position you want it and oposite for the + side my normal pos for - side is towards the front of radio.

FUNC LIST under GYRO SENS INH is the only thing you need to do here.

I think that is all the changes I made to go from a 7ch receiver to a 6 ch. Equipment used was JR X9303 2.4 Heli radio Futaba 401 Gyro and a Spektrum AR 6200 Receiver.

Thanks again to the people how helped me out and I hope this will help someone else out.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:44 PM
lookyj

I had a similar issue when setting up a JR G500T gyro with DX7 and AR6100. Using the Travel Adjust programming in the transmitter seemed to solve the tail wag issue. However, I would like to use GAIN programming options so I can have different rates programmed for the different flight modes.

I recently had another issue come up: I got a used TREX 450 SE V2 set up with JR XP7202 using PCM technology. I flew it several times and it was perfectly trimmed with no tail wag. I decided to switch over to my DX7 so I can sell the extra transmitter. The JR XP7202 and DX7 are identical radios except for the PCM and DSM technology (FM and 2.4 Ghz) I copied the programming over from the 7202 to the DX7 and only changed the receiver in the heli.

I am now having an issue of tail wag and my servos are not trimmed.

I'm wondering if there is a DIFFERENCE how the electronics decode PCM (analog) vs DSM2 (digital) signals?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:55 PM
haasjj

lookyj

I don't know how you would change rate with your flight mode with a 6 ch RX but there might be a way to do it thru some of the mixes. If you figure it out let us know.

When you switched radios did you go from a 7ch RX to a 6ch if you did you might need to change some settings.

Yeah I think there is some difference, because when I set up my raptor my mechanical settings were way off from what I thought they should have been. But it was several weeks after I sold my old radio before I bought my new one so I could no longer compare.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:16 AM
digtman

I'm having a problem with programming JRX9303 2.4 dual elevator servos, the slave(AUX3) will travel up the same as the master but it will stop short on thre down, and furthermore the trim will not work on the slave, I tried to follow the istructions on the book , but no fix yet, can anybody help!!!
thanx:
the digtman
Old 07-11-2008, 06:20 AM
digtman

I'm having a problem with programming JRX9303 2.4 dual elevator servos, the slave(AUX3) will travel up the same as the master but it will stop short on thre down, and furthermore the trim will not work on the slave, I tried to follow the istructions on the book , but no fix yet, can anybody help!!!
thanx:
the digtman
Old 07-16-2008, 11:53 AM
pilotgene

I bought a Trex/Align 450 heli lately, have flown planes for many years, using a Futaba 7CAP plane/heli radio, have to admit this will keep you flustrated setting the darn thing up, but Ithought I had it pretty well, then I flew it, up about 6'
high, around the runway a couple times and set it down right on the take off "X" spot, seemed to work OK, next I went up about 100' and the 15 mph wind took it downwind, I couldn't get it to turn around fast enough, and I was loosing ground,so I went into reverse flight, bringing it backwards and down a little to fast, as I approached my landing spot, I reduced the power to much and landed on the runway, hitting the tail rotor, main blades hit the boom, stripped two servos, well I had my first mishap, not too bad, I straigned the boom, replaced the plastic tail rotor system with metal parts, new servos, now all it wants to do is spin, I replaced the tail boom also, still spins tail to the right, 2 rpm at lift off power, can't get it to stop spinning, got full opposite stick trim, full sub trim, replaced the gyro with a new one, stiill spins to the right, yes the servos work in the right direction, & the gyro also, tail rotors turn to the limit, but hardly no effect on the tail spin, I has me flustrated, I think I could fly it if it would give me a chance, but I can't even get off the ground.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: digtman

thanx:
the digtman
JR X9303 2.4 and XP9303 (72mhz) setup instructions for the elevator s.

Make sure the radio is on a clean slate zero elevator trim and make sure the subtrims are at zero. The instructions here are for the JR 9303 .

On a new model:

Hold the ENT button and power on the TX. This will enter the system menu.

Go to the DeviceSEL and push the roller bar to enter the menu.

Scroll to the bottom of the screen under each channel that says “ACT” and change it to “INH” This will turn off all the other switches and channels that are not being using in this models setup. It also allows us to setup the dual elevator servos using the 9303 ’s Servo MATE function.

For Dual ailerons as well

Once all the channels (gear, Flap, Aux2, aux3 and aux4 are “INH” press the List button.

Scroll to Wing Type and press the roller bar.

Under Wing: set to “Flaperon” this turns on the dual aileron servos so we can setup aileron differential. This means Right aileron servo plugs into the Ail channel and the left aileron servo will plug into Aux1 or the Flap channel.

Next using the roller bar scroll down to the “INH” that is just below the ELEV channel. Press the roller bar. This will bring up a little box to choose the servo you want for the dual elevator channel.

Now you have dual elevator servos programmed. The trims will work and you have dual aileron servo and dual elevator servos programmed. This is about as easy as it gets setting up the dual servos.

Press ENT twice to take you back to the main screen of the radio and out of the system menu.

Plug the right elevator into the ELEV channel and the Left Elevator servo into the Gear channel on the RX.

Power up the servos for the elevator s.

Thank Troy Newman, I just copied and pasted.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:49 AM
jays066

I have recently Purchased a 6 channel t-rex 500esp with a spektrum dx6i controller and spektrum ar6200 reciever can any one help me with the pluging in of the servos to the reciever and give me beginner setting for the controller.I have never flowen anything befor and have no idea what i am doing.