Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

alaron and elivator stablizer idea?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

alaron and elivator stablizer idea?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:56 AM
paulaballa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alaron and elivator stablizer idea?

ok 1 gyro for each and turn on the heli on a level surface,then fine tune with trims while in air.
This will work like the co-pilot but wont need the earths heat.I have a co pilot but have never installed because It wont work over snow and I cant make the snow go away.I am a decent flyer I dont need to have stableizer to fly but im getting into aerial photography and I want to try this idea anyone else try?I have tried my gyro sideways so it should work
Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 AM
tippy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: alaron and elivator stablizer idea?

ORIGINAL: paulaballa

ok 1 gyro for each and turn on the heli on a level surface,then fine tune with trims while in air.
This will work like the co-pilot but wont need the earths heat.I have a co pilot but have never installed because It wont work over snow and I cant make the snow go away.I am a decent flyer I dont need to have stableizer to fly but im getting into aerial photography and I want to try this idea anyone else try?I have tried my gyro sideways so it should work
The flybar on the heli is a big gyro for cyclic (aileron and elevator) stability. Why not use a flybar with heavier than normal paddles??? It stabilizes quit well.

Also, above stabilizing the heli ... try stabilizing the camera/platform. See www.helicamsolutions.com
Old 02-08-2008, 01:57 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: alaron and elivator stablizer idea?

Thats exactly the setup that flybarless systems use, dual gyros.

You can't use heading hold but it works quite well.