Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

need a little help with a Venture 30

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

need a little help with a Venture 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
adamrs80
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a little help with a Venture 30

I'm currently trying to setup my Venture 30 and I think I'm running into the same pitch curve issues. I'm just going to list the questions I have, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) At low, middle, and full collective pitch I'm getting -7, +6, +17 respectively according to my pitch gauge. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I have done everything I know to do to fix it. I've tried adjusting the pitch servo travel in both directions, tried adjusting the normal pitch curve and checked all the tie rods connecting from the swash to flybar, and from flybar to blade grip. All my tie rods are the correct length, all the servo arms have been adjusted to either level or 90 deg. as required using the sub trim to get it right.

2) The main rotor blades seem to sag quite a bit. I used to have a hirobo shuttle and I don't remember them sagging like this. I'm sure they pull up just fine once they get up to speed but I just thought I'd see if that is a common problem.

3) Do I need to setup up MX1 and MX2 on the JR XP6102 radio system? I'm not a total beginner but I'm not doing any acrobatics yet either. I'm not certain if I need to tamper with these.

I'm just not sure how to fix the pitch issue, it seems like I have a much greater range than the manual lists for the pitch curve setups.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 02-18-2008, 11:03 AM
dooleyje

Default RE: need a little help with a Venture 30

ORIGINAL: adamrs80

I'm currently trying to setup my Venture 30 and I think I'm running into the same pitch curve issues. I'm just going to list the questions I have, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) At low, middle, and full collective pitch I'm getting -7, +6, +17 respectively according to my pitch gauge. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I have done everything I know to do to fix it. I've tried adjusting the pitch servo travel in both directions, tried adjusting the normal pitch curve and checked all the tie rods connecting from the swash to flybar, and from flybar to blade grip. All my tie rods are the correct length, all the servo arms have been adjusted to either level or 90 deg. as required using the sub trim to get it right.

You have the pitch range but your swash plate is not centered within it. All pitch curves should be set with the transmitter stick at 50%. You want to get 0 pitch here mechanically. The other will be +12 and -12. Then set your pitch curve in the programs. Some times you will need to readjust the links to get 0 in the middle. The adjustment will also be your Idle up.

2) The main rotor blades seem to sag quite a bit. I used to have a hirobo shuttle and I don't remember them sagging like this. I'm sure they pull up just fine once they get up to speed but I just thought I'd see if that is a common problem.

NORMAL

3) Do I need to setup up MX1 and MX2 on the JR XP6102 radio system? I'm not a total beginner but I'm not doing any acrobatics yet either. I'm not certain if I need to tamper with these.

NO

I'm just not sure how to fix the pitch issue, it seems like I have a much greater range than the manual lists for the pitch curve setups.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 02-19-2008, 04:27 PM
HeliTB

One thing to add to ensure you are mid stick while setting your pitch curve is to set a normal to th following for setup purposes only.

0 50 50 50 100

When you are at mid stick make sure you at 0 pitch. The pitch curve above assures that from 25% to 75% stick movement you are at mid stick. After setting your pitch mechanically put your correct normal curve back. Oh yeah write it down before changing to the above so you know what to return it to.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
adamrs80
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like a good idea. So I set the normal pitch curve to 0 50 50 50 100 and that ensures the correct servo position when I have the collective stick at half. Am I understanding that correctly? Also to correct the pitch mechanically I just adjust the tierods that run for the swashplate to the see-saw arms so that the see-saw arms are level with the flybar? JR gave me a range of 23.5mm length (trainer) to 19mm length (normal/stunt). I'm guessing that the closer I get to 19mm the closer I will get to the right pitch. Assuming everything else is correct, these tierods are the proper way to adjust the pitch of the main blades?

Thanks again,
Adam