Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

any-1 bringing there heli to Joe Nall Greenville SC show?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

any-1 bringing there heli to Joe Nall Greenville SC show?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 03:19 PM
helifrek
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any-1 bringing there heli to Joe Nall Greenville SC show?

I go to Joe Nall every year with a friend and it's a real pity to see so many planes and only 4 or 5 helis. yes, I do realize this is a giant scale fly in but they have flyin for anyone before 12pm I beleive and we can fly after dark if anyone has some night flying heli's. I'll be there, look for a Hawk III going up carrying something underneath, we're going to try to drop our R/C skydiver this year (if they'll let us) we might just have to drop from a telemaster. if you see a giant scale A-10 Warthog sitting somewhere LOOK FOR ME, I'll try to be in my Blue cherokee helicopters shirt and a pair of shorts. you'll probably see my hawk III sitting close by. thanks guys hope to see you there. for dates check out www.solomonrc.com and look up events calender. see ya there.

Brandon
Old 04-21-2003, 04:28 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually I think offical flying starts earlier, like 8 or 9 and ends at 5 I think. With them cracking down on the smaller float planes I don't think they'll be happy about you flying the Hawk. I'm also worried they'll crack down on us night flyers too...
Old 04-21-2003, 10:13 PM
helifrek
My Feedback: (2)

I don't know why they don't go after the large aerobatic planes, (no offense anyone) all they do is torque roll allllllllll day, I respect their ability but give me a break, they all look the same, fly the same and sound the same, it gets annoying listening to it all day. o-well, it is an event for airplanes, I would like to see more turbine powered aircraft there, since this is the only event I go to and have ever been to I guess I can't expect everything. did you get to see the night heli fly last year? smacked into a tree....
I also helped push that big airplane back that took off at night, pretty cool. hope to see you there. maybe I should get into airplanes.......

Brandon
Old 04-22-2003, 11:16 AM
evan-RCU

Yeah, Henry kinda lost where the trees were, pretty cool how the lights still worked after it hit the trees. At Florida Jets there were a couple of turbine helos, wonder if they'll come to Nall, I guess the question is what size helo is IMAA legal. The Jets don't follow the 80" rule.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:42 AM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

I think you will find most jet guys tend to go to events where they get to fly a lot and don't have to stand in line for hours waiting for a pin. Oh yeah....and don't have to watch those big aerobats torque roll all day long....boring!
Old 04-22-2003, 01:03 PM
evan-RCU

David, what does the IMAA consider legal for jets? I was told like biplanes they have their own size requirements, something like span plus length has to be 100" or more, true?