Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

EF Cypher 3d Great Machine !! Who has ?? Comments or Gripe !!!

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

EF Cypher 3d Great Machine !! Who has ?? Comments or Gripe !!!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
mrairbrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EF Cypher 3d Great Machine !! Who has ?? Comments or Gripe !!!

Hello All Cypher Qwners !! I think this Machine is just Great !! I own 10 Helis and this is my Fave !!! It flys a lot like a Trex450 but smoother , more precise and looks great in the air with its low profile !!! I fly every morn in my park before work and the Cyper with an Outrage 2200 Battery is 6min of pure Heli Fun !!! So Lets get an EF Cypher Session Started !!!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:05 AM
GAU-8

Default RE: EF Cypher 3d Great Machine !! Who has ?? Comments or Gripe !!!

I dont have one, but have started to think about it more and more. from the reviews i have read, they are fairly happy with it, aside of some minor quirks (which heli doesnt have this) and have been pleased so far. also have read around that it autos considerably better than the other electrics in its size/class.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:30 AM
mrairbrush

Thanks for the reply GUA-8 . I have not done a full auto with the Cypher yet but it floats/ Drifts down much better than my T Rexs . The Cypher really is a nice handleing chopper !! I have full confidance in this machine when its up 75 to 100 feet in the air . It goes right where I put it and is very smooth . Yes , all machines have issues and problems . My only issue was the hot running ESC on this machine and how it would cut out after it got hot . So I cut off the blue plastic on the heat sink and remounted it on the bottom of the heli in the open air and I only run OUTRAGE2200 30c batterys and now all works great. I got the Heli because I had some extra money and a Hobby People is very close to me and I knew I could Get local parts with out ordering over the internet . I had little faith in the machine in the begining so I loaded it with cheap Cirrus Servos and Esky servos and an Esky HH Gyro and an Esky 5ch Trans . ( All spare parts in my collection ) I have 2 DX6I spec. but I thought I might sell right away if I did not Like so I used Esky Trans. After I set it up and Trimed it I was Super Impressed !! I have over 30 flights on the bird and no problems other than belt adjustment . I have 9 other Helis and why did this one become my fave !! Thanks - Happy Hovers and Many great flights to All !!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
autoart4you

i just got my cypher going and man i love this thing i have been trying to fly a blade400 and not doing so good with it but with my cypher I CAN FLY!!!!!!!!!!![8D]

it did have a bad flybar carrier when i got it but, an e~mail to EF and a new flybar carrier was in the mail

fast shiping too
Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 PM
supra6

Well mine should be in tomorrow, form R'sHPS, kit and radio package, S3156's for ccpm, LT2100/3100g on the tail all else stock. So any snakes in the rocks waiting for me? What's up with the ESC I've been reading about? Will be adding a UBEC 10a hoping this will help the issue and provide some peace of mind. How do you who have the DSR8000 like it, only experience with this type was DX6i.
Was quite happy with the Blade 400 at my current level but the customs people in China did not like it so thay kept it while I was passing through the other day so I have to replace EVERYTHING. Who knows if I will ever see it again, if they do try to fly it while they have it I hope somebody who knows what they are doing trys, I had the TX set for a different heli then the Blade.
Well all coments and suggestions welcome, not alot in the forums about this heli.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:39 PM
maddog57

i will have my cypher tomorrow. i'm pretty new to helis with my first one being a exceed raptor G2. not very happy with it . can't seem to get the set-up right. so hopefully the cypher will be better. have cirrus 302bb for ccpm, LT2100/3100 on the tail, DX6i RX/TX, all else will be stock on mine as well. i've read alot of good things about it on different forums. maybe i can get some help from you guys if i need it?

chris
Old 12-28-2008, 10:35 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not many replies to this thread.

I have a Cypher and it is a pretty stable machine in a hover yet will jump when you hit the sticks.

I am waiting for parts after a dumb thumb.

Not sure why this is not a popular helicopter. Price is right, parts are easy to find, seems like a good deal to me.

Dru.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
primo400

Do you guys know the main shaft diameter in mm?

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:56 PM
maddog57

mine measures 5mm

chris
Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 PM
blvdbuzzard

Well mine is all back together and flying great. I am using the $40.00 gyro from cnchelicopter.com. It flys real well now. I just need to dial the gain down a touch. I am getting better with this helicopter. I did just a little FF with it. She is a nice helicopter.

Dru.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:48 PM
InfrequentFlyer

I have one, it's a really nice simple design and flys very well.
I think it's not popular yet because it was overpriced at launch and it's very new.

Priced around £90 (UKP - what I bought mine for) with cheap spares it will do well once people twig that it exists.
I think it shares a few spares with the blade 400 too, it would be nice to find out which ones as there are more places supplying blade 400 spares than for the Cypher. Otherwise it's a case of waiting for the Ripmax order to go through.

The only issue I have is the ESC, I cut out plastic and mounted it right on the very top, capacitors toward the mainshaft, so airflow from the downwash catches it. It still get hot though, whereas my 450 ESC stays cold. The heat reduces battery life so I think a cheap H50a or imilar may be needed to replace it.

I run mine with a GY401 and HXT900s with a 6200 spectrum RX, a good fun machine but I need more batteries and another charger!

Mainshaft is 5mm, tailshaft is 3mm, boom is 11mm. When you bend the mainshaft you will need a new top-bearing I think, as I did.

Important::

My swash caused a crash today as the screws are NOT loctited in.
You need to undo all 8+ head screws that go metal screw to metal object and put in loctite in each one.

This is an excellent heli but when screws back out it is also one which is doomed.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:53 PM
dmaan87

I like mine too. The Outrage 2200 30c batteries make it scream. Lots of fun........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68466.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1285783  
Old 10-01-2009, 01:33 PM
blvdbuzzard

There is a long thread on helifreak.com. It is about the longest Cypher thread around. Answer to just about anything Cypher there is.

Dru.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 PM
JohnE55

Anyone still checking this thread. If so I have a question

John
Old 09-04-2012, 07:19 AM
lawrencelkl

Hi John,

still checking this thread but not sure if can offer much help. Had my Cypher for about 1 month, plenty of flights hovering and forward flights but yet to master any fancy moves...

cheers and enjoy flying..

Lawrence