Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Futaba t10chp gyro sense screen question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Futaba t10chp gyro sense screen question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 05:09 PM
rccrafters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba t10chp gyro sense screen question

I just got the new radio and am setting it up. On the gyro sense screen there is a function "mix".Of course the description in the manual of the screen doesn't address this. The example shown gives you one with the gyro operating in both normal and heading hold mode in the different flight modes (normal, Idle 1 etc).It says make the "mix" function active. Is that correct if you are using heading hold?

I was initially thinking this had to do with revo mix but now think I was wrong.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 08-18-2008, 08:44 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Futaba t10chp gyro sense screen question

A futaba manual unclear? Say it aint so!!!

If its the same as a 9c (I haven't laid hands on a 10c yet)

Then it will have a MIX = ACT or INH (active or inhibited) and a RATE UP and RATE DN and a TYPE that can be STD or GY

Is that correct?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 AM
rccrafters

yes that is correct but you can also choose condition instead of switch which allows you to select normal or heading hold and the desired gain for normal,idle1,idle2,idle3, and hold.

So the Mix has to be set to act ?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 AM
BarracudaHockey

Make sure you have the end points to that channel at 100/100

Then yes, set the Mix to ACT and Mode to GY

Then AVC 50 is 50 percent gain in heading hold mode, NOR 45 is 45 percent in normal (rate) mode and so on.

It has nothing to do with REVO, its a way to control the gain so you don't have to figure out which end points relate to what gyro gain. WYSIWYG is what we call it in the computer industry
Old 08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
rccrafters

Here is the rest of the story. I flew the heli with mix in inhibit. Actually 4 flights cautiously.The gyro went into heading hold mode. Performance was bad to spooky. I couldn't get the gain set correctly and finally it got stuck rotating CCW.The tail wouldn't respond.

I talked to Futaba today. They said the gyro will partially work (didn't elaborate) despite the fact mix is in inhibit. I complained about the manual, and they said all they have is the same manual I have and they had no input into the writing of the manual.

After I fix the boom and replace the blades, I'll fly it the correct way.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
BarracudaHockey

Well the gyro mix screen, and the end points on the gain channel do pretty much the same thing. They set the width of the pulse on the gain channel. The gyro doesn't know any different, the gyro screen is just a way to display the true gain.