Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

american made helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

american made helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:03 AM
skyrip69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default american made helicopter

Are there any good American made helicopters? It seems that they are all made in Asia.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:16 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: american made helicopter

Minature Aircraft, Avant RC, and Audacity are American companies but mass production and economics what it is, I think you will find most of the parts are made overseas.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
skyrip69

Thanks for the info. I think it is called apartheid. but we call it different these days. I lived in ASIA for 10 years and have seen both ends of that whole economic madness. But I guess we all want cheap parts for our crashes,,,,,,, I just kind of want to patronize American companies, but it seems hard in this particular hobby. Also figure parts will be more available..but that might not be true either.

Todd
Old 08-13-2008, 03:04 PM
BarracudaHockey

Actually, companies like Align and Thunder Tiger have the best parts distribution of any make of helicopter.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:52 PM
cli8m

Bergen is American made and supported. I doubt any of their parts are made overseas
Old 08-17-2008, 03:21 AM
AZheli

apartheid ???
Old 08-17-2008, 10:36 AM
skyrip69

apartheid is where they separate people by race or social class or financial class. People take advantage of the lower class by having them work for pennies so the rich can get cheaper helicopter parts! Walmart is the king of apartheid. buying goods made by poor underpaid over worked people who have no better options like in Honduras or china or other third world countries........ I lived over seas for 10 years seen a lot of greed and poverty....Mostly was just a smart remark I made...I think it sucks that we can get parts cheaper over seas than to make them here in America where we don't even have to ship them very far......

Todd
Old 08-18-2008, 10:44 AM
kentoby

Problem is we here in America won't work for $1.10. If these helis, parts (DVD players, ipods, TVs, on and on and on...) were made by Americans making $8.00+, we would not be willing to pay the $3000+ sticker price for one. We can't it both ways. No one took American jobs, I'm afraid our demand for cheap goods gave them away.

ORIGINAL: skyrip69

apartheid is where they separate people by race or social class or financial class. People take advantage of the lower class by having them work for pennies so the rich can get cheaper helicopter parts! Walmart is the king of apartheid. buying goods made by poor underpaid over worked people who have no better options like in Honduras or china or other third world countries........ I lived over seas for 10 years seen a lot of greed and poverty....Mostly was just a smart remark I made...I think it sucks that we can get parts cheaper over seas than to make them here in America where we don't even have to ship them very far......

Todd
Old 08-18-2008, 10:49 AM
BarracudaHockey

We are moving towards a political discussion, please keep it about helicopters.

Thanks guys
Old 08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
skyrip69

you are absolutely right kentoby. MODERATOR< sorry or the politics,,,,,newbie here,,,

Ok anyhow I think all in all I am going to get the Gaui 200. Turns out my LHS stocks full parts and it seems the parts are cheap..