Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

american made helicopter

Are there any good American made helicopters? It seems that they are all made in Asia.
    Go Big or Go home!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: american made helicopter

Minature Aircraft, Avant RC, and Audacity are American companies but mass production and economics what it is, I think you will find most of the parts are made overseas.
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info. I think it is called apartheid. but we call it different these days. I lived in ASIA for 10 years and have seen both ends of that whole economic madness. But I guess we all want cheap parts for our crashes,,,,,,, I just kind of want to patronize American companies, but it seems hard in this particular hobby. Also figure parts will be more available..but that might not be true either.

Todd
    Go Big or Go home!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually, companies like Align and Thunder Tiger have the best parts distribution of any make of helicopter.
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bergen is American made and supported. I doubt any of their parts are made overseas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

apartheid ???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

apartheid is where they separate people by race or social class or financial class. People take advantage of the lower class by having them work for pennies so the rich can get cheaper helicopter parts! Walmart is the king of apartheid. buying goods made by poor underpaid over worked people who have no better options like in Honduras or china or other third world countries........ I lived over seas for 10 years seen a lot of greed and poverty....Mostly was just a smart remark I made...I think it sucks that we can get parts cheaper over seas than to make them here in America where we don't even have to ship them very far......

Todd
    Go Big or Go home!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Problem is we here in America won't work for $1.10. If these helis, parts (DVD players, ipods, TVs, on and on and on...) were made by Americans making $8.00+, we would not be willing to pay the $3000+ sticker price for one. We can't it both ways. No one took American jobs, I'm afraid our demand for cheap goods gave them away.

ORIGINAL: skyrip69

apartheid is where they separate people by race or social class or financial class. People take advantage of the lower class by having them work for pennies so the rich can get cheaper helicopter parts! Walmart is the king of apartheid. buying goods made by poor underpaid over worked people who have no better options like in Honduras or china or other third world countries........ I lived over seas for 10 years seen a lot of greed and poverty....Mostly was just a smart remark I made...I think it sucks that we can get parts cheaper over seas than to make them here in America where we don't even have to ship them very far......

Todd

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We are moving towards a political discussion, please keep it about helicopters.

Thanks guys
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you are absolutely right kentoby. MODERATOR< sorry or the politics,,,,,newbie here,,,

Ok anyhow I think all in all I am going to get the Gaui 200. Turns out my LHS stocks full parts and it seems the parts are cheap..
    Go Big or Go home!