Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Possible new RC show on Discovery or History channel

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Possible new RC show on Discovery or History channel

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:14 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible new RC show on Discovery or History channel

Dave Herbert is trying to spark enough interest to start an RC show on the Discovery or History channel. Be sure to give him your input on youtube if you want to help make it happen, make an account if you don't already have one (to post a comment on his videos page). Also discuss the idea in this thread. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdrDLAxefUQ
Old 01-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Bugzilla

Default RE: Possible new RC show on Discovery or History channel

I for one think that would be a GREAT idea!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:33 AM
nuttcaze

I submitted the idea to the president of G4 (the TV channel), gave him a link to Daves video, lets keep our fingers crossed, lol

but Dave did it first, we're all witness'
Old 01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Mr.Roberts

I just watched Dave herberts video and If dave is reading this I want you to know Dave that I like what you are trying to do and you have my support. I'm not a rich man but if there is anything that i can do to help you get your cable show off the ground i will. it's a wonderful thing. especially for our young folks. they need to realize that there's more to life than basketball football and baseball. the future will need pilots as well. I'm in the new york area and I would like to start a program that woulf teach as well as introduce people to the world R?C helicopters and planes as well. I haprn to work for the school safety division so therefore i have acess to many schools as well as their administration. many of whom I'm sure once given a demonstration of what We have to offer (I could fly a blade cx in the office as a demo and wow them) they will give us a foothold that will allow us to expand. Hey lets work together on this. My contact numbers are cell 347 693-2331 and home 718 624-1987 We need to talk. just ask for Mr. Roberts my email is [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11615.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1105771  
Old 01-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Bugzilla

You know, that would be a good idea. I read an article in one of my magazines, don't remember which, that covered a school somewhere that actually had an after school RC truck program. The kids would learn about RC, and they even had a small track to race their electric offroad trucks and buggies on. I don't see helis or planes getting that kind of love due to the dangers involved with flying RC, but it's a start. I could see it being used as an introduction to basic engineering in middle or high school because RCs are somewhat of an engineering challenge. Parts have to be made small, light, and strong, and they all have to work together smoothly. My 1 1/2 pennies for the day.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 AM
techrtr

There's an RC show on OLN (Outdoor Life) in Canada called RC TV. Don't know if you get it in the states. Half hour weekly show - they cover all aspects of rc - cars, helis, planes, boats etc. Pretty good actually. Nice way to start a Saturday morning.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Bugzilla

Don't know what happened to it, but there was a show, on Speed Channel I think, that showcased RC car and truck racing.