Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Walkera 4#3b

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:12 PM
empty_space

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 4#3b

I am thinking about getting the Walkera 4#3b. I chose this over the mcx because even though it harder to fly it would be more fun. The mcx wo me would not be a challemge to fly and get boring. I recently got the B400 so I figure this would be some extra indoor practice.
I am having a had time find this. Does any one know where I can get this? I searched google but I want to get it from a well known website because my mom won't buy things from a random web site. Its so hard to find a good place to buy this. Alot of places have like $30-40 shipping which is crazy. Perhaps the mcx would be better because it is more available in my area. I could always mod it for a faster flight.

Any suggestions for a another kind of mini rc heli? I want something small and can fly indoors around the $100 price range. Maybe the mini spark or the 4#3 because its cheaper.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Bugzilla

Default RE: Walkera 4#3b

You can get it [link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/19638]here,[/link] and if your mom is worried about it, she shouldn't be. This site has a VERY good reputation, and I am sure everyone else will vouch for that.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:19 PM
empty_space

How much should this heli be? At some other websites they had it for $99 without shipping.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Bugzilla

What other sites are you talking about? Give us a list and we'll let you know where and where not to buy. I didn't realize you could get it for that much cheaper.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
empty_space

rc-fever.com
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=5874
http://www.hobby-wing.com/walkera-4-...elicopter.html
http://www.xheli.com

I think just about all of them have $30-$40 shipping. Is the 4#3 or the mini spark any better? They are both than the 4#3b.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Bugzilla

No idea on rc-fever or hobbywing, don't buy from xheli, they are iffy at best, ehirobo is a good place, but shipping is a killer because they are out of Hong Kong. 4#3, 4#3b, and the mini spark are all the same heli. 4#3B is the second gen 4#3, and the mini spark is the 4#3 in different clothes. Spend the $, get the 4#3B. Out of the 3, it is the best deal as it comes with metal head and upgraded radio.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:15 PM
empty_space

I have been thinking, maybe i"ll get the mcx. Since the 4#2b is from china and shipping is expensive then the part shipping will also be expensive. I also heard that it requires alot of maintenance. I can get parts for the mcx at my LHS and I can get the mcx there too. Plus I can use my dx6i with my mcx.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Bugzilla

Better choice of the 2 honestly. A little more money, but not much, and the convenience of the LHS. Plus it's a great heli.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Steve Joblin

The only comparison between the mCX and the 4#3b is size... other than that, they are two very different animals. The mCX is tough, can take a heavy beating, and flys with very little skill. Parts are very easy to come by (especially for you as you have a LHS that carries them!). The mCX is a lot of fun to fly, but won't help you improve your skills much. Think of it as a something to fly for pure enjoyment.

The 4#3b on the other hand, is also durable, but not nearly as much as the mCX. It is a Fixed Pitch heli and is quite squirly. I can fly my mCX with my eyes closed, but can only manage 8 to 10 seconds of flight on my 4#3 (so far... I'm still learning )

The 4#3 can be customized and tailored more than the mCX, which I think adds to the fun.

There are several good places to buy the 4#3b including my personal recommendation for you, www.wowhobbies.com They are US based, reliable, and provide great service. I'm into helis for the long haul, so if I am grounded waiting for parts, it is not the end of the world... I have learned patients and actually enjoy the anticipation.

So, as one who has both of the helis you are considering, I would opt for the mCX if you are looking for simple, no hassle fun; or I would opt for the 4#3b if you are looking for a real challenge (whih can be quite frustrating and will have a higher cost of ownership) and enjoy working with tiny little parts.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
empty_space

I think I'll get the mcx. I have the blade 400 so that will be my hard to fly heli instead of having two hard to fly helis, a b400 and 4#3b. I also got the phoenix sim so that should help. I'm not one for patients so I won't like waiting for the parts. Steve Joblin, thanks for the mini review of both helis.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
stumblebum

I got my 4#3b from rc711.com right now they have a good deal.

[link=http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1373]RC711.com Holiday Special[/link]

This is what I got with shipping it was like $160 with the best shipping of $38 to the U.S. (spend the extra money for the better shipping they upgrade to over night right now as a special).

I am a beginner at 4 channel and I found it quite hard to control at first hovering for 1 -3 seconds at a time, but now after 2 weeks (1 week waiting for parts) I can hover tail in for well over 2 minutes. However you should order all your parts now to save on shipping in the future. I recommend getting:

1. At least 3 extra main motors (burn out pretty quick)
2. At least 3 extra tail blades (breaks fairly easy)
3. Extra canopy (smashed mine in 3 pieces on the first flight)

Right now I am having trouble with my swash plate popping out of the bearing and the collar shaft not tightening enough. So I am now waiting on an upgraded Shaft Collar - Swashplate Standoff Kit from MIA [link=http://www.micro-flight.com/Walkera%204-3.htm]MIA LINK[/link] because I don't want to deal with this problem again and it seems like it should improve stability. Also waiting on the MIA Flybar Stability Tuning Kit as well for added stability. This helicopter is soooo much fun when it's in the air and well worth the money. Just be prepared to do a lot of maintenance, and waiting on parts if you don't order ahead of time. WOW Hobbies is in the US and has 2 - 3 day shipping times. chinajade has good prices but long shipping. Let me know if you need an update when I get my parts.