Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Programmable head

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:08 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programmable head

Wanted to know if somebody could answer a question. What does a "programmable head" do? I have an Axe CP with bell/hiller mixing and it has an adjustable head with holes closer in or farther out on the blade grips. They come with the ball links both connected to the holes that are farther out. I'm sure some adjustment will make it more agressive and some will calm it down. Was just wondering if I could calm it down and then remove the weights on the flybar to end up with the same controllability but with a lighter copter. Plus, I just want to know what each change does and the affects on flight characteristics.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Druss

Default RE: Programmable head

You won't end up with the same effects.

If you do what you want you'll be limiting how far the flybar will tilt but it will do it faster making it very twitchy. I would not suggest this for someone new.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:23 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Programmable head

I would still like an explanation of what each setting, or combination of settings, or adjustment does. The flybar links that tilt the flybar and control the flybar paddles does not change in length or leverage, but the leverage from the flybar to the blade grip does. So does the leverage from the swashplate's linkage on the blade grip. I'm just not sure how they all interact and which setting is twitchier and which is calmer.

I imagine if they are closer in, it gets quicker. What happens with one on the outer hole, and the other on the inner hole? If the outer holes are calmer say a one on a scale of 1 -5 with 5 the quickest, and the inner holes are a 5, then what combination is a 2 or 3?

I took the weights off the flybar paddles and it was soo twitchy I couldn't control it. The plane of the blade disc was tilting all over the place before it left the ground, so I never lifted off.

Ok, I think I asked the same question enough times.