Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

XHELI

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 PM
mrdb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XHELI

I am new to the rc heli scene.
I typically fly rc planes and have done so for over 30 years.
I purchased a ec135 beginner coax model by artec.
This helicopter is great from learning - flew very nice right ou of the box.
Ijust happen to crash it and didn't realize that you needed to shut down the immediately and fried the PCB.

Iordered a new PCBfrom Xheli and it came already fried, didn't even have to crash the helicopter ..
I sent it back. Two +weeks later I received another PCB.
This one came without the power plug from the board to the battery attached.

I took the power pluf off the first fried board and attached it to this new board.
All of the right lights lit up - the servos worked -
However when the throttle opened the board shut down - all lights off
The battery was charged and another attempt was made and the same thing happened again.

I wrote to Xheli's chat line and told the tech what had happened.
"Steve" wrote back telling me that he couldn;t help me and to call customer service tech support.
I called the customer "no" serivice line and it was busy for 5 minutes and I hung up.
I called the "I want to buy something line" and it was immediately answered, however they referred me back to customer "no" service.

I wrote to the chat line again and asked how I should return this item for a refund.
They took my information, locked my phone in their data base and told me that a service tech would call me.
Two hours had past, xheli is now closed and I have not receved a call.

Iorder the PCB through Hobby Lobby.
To bad for xheli, I also ordered another helicopter a 4ch fixed and a new plane, but not from them.
I will probably write off my loss of $67 dollars and forget that this company ever existed.

MRDB

Old 09-10-2009, 11:46 AM
ilikethatsite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XHELI

Cut your losses.

You will find many people on here with similar experiences. I personally have been ordering from them for over a year and have had one minor problem. I went to the support forum they ask you to use and the issue was resolved new part in hand within 3 days.

The customer service problem is on xheli plate, the artec brand at best is not very good so use that as a learning experience and move on.

Happy Flying!