Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Batteries and Charger! Need help boys!!

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Batteries and Charger! Need help boys!!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
vessel02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries and Charger! Need help boys!!

Hey everyone - I have just purchased a new copterx 450 SE (its in the mail), I have already recieved all the electronics for it, and now all I need to look at is batteries and a TX. I have a triton jr charger, have no idea how to use the thing (it came with another deal i had) but I know that it will charge basically anything. What would you guys recommend me getting in regards to batteries, any particular type or brand thats better than others?

Also, I need a Tx and Reciever - was looking at the DX7, but i dunno. Can anyone point me in a good direction? Thanks

Stephen

Old 01-06-2010, 09:44 PM
rc-attic

Default RE: Batteries and Charger! Need help boys!!

www.hobbycity.com 11.1 volt 2200 mah 20c- 25c
Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 AM
ilikethatsite

Stephen,

Since you are new to the hobby don't go buy the expensive batteries! More than likely you will crash and damage a battery and it will be a waste of money. I have been buying my batteries on ebay for years from sellers go_market and abeyer and have never had a single problem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_1901wt_939

Get 2 of them shipped to you for under $30. Once you get into 3D then you will want to consider the high end batteries.

As for the TX I run the Dx6i and love it.

That's my 2 cents
Old 01-07-2010, 11:05 AM
vessel02

Hey, Thanks for the info - it gets kinda intimidating making sure you buy the right stuff, and i really appreciate your input! It sure does help a guy out! So you run the DX6i, i was looking at that as well. At least now I know that its a good Tx, worth looking into! I really appreciate your help in this! Thanks alot!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:07 PM
kavic5150

Dx6i, are u sure? I'm thinkin about upgrading to a dx7, 2 of my Dx6i trim tabs have failed(common problem), and I wouldnt mind 2 more points on my throttle/pitch curves, especially on my gaui200, dang twitchy little...[X(] Just comparison shop is all. Dx6i is nice and affordable, and there are cnc replacements for the trim tabs and roller thingy...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:06 PM
midntpumkin

i was looking at the dx6i and the 7 , then i noticed i didnt like the ccpm 120 and gyro programming. then i looked at the futaba7c that was the best and easiest decision i ever made. the ccpm 120 programming is super simple , and setting up the gyro was a breeze. i highly recommend the 7c from futaba . as for batteries try hobby city , there batteries are very good
Old 01-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Thisstrangeengine

I've bought batteries from Hobbyking and Hobbypartz fairly cheap. No problems so far, but I read alot of reviews first and went on the advice of others. Here's a link just in case.
[link]http://www.hobbypartz.com/batteries.html[/link]
[link]http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?catname=Li%2DPoly +%28All+brands%29&idCategory=86&ParentCat=85[/link]
Old 01-09-2010, 10:58 PM
dooleyje

The 7c is a fine radio and the DX6I and DX7 are no harder to set up and program. The down side to Futaba now is you are very limited to plug and play type aircraft. and the receivers are expensive. I have Futab9c and a DX6I and DX7. The program for swash AFR or mixing is the same. How you get there is different. I converted my Futaba to Spectrum DMS2. because of the high cost of receivers.

Jim
Old 01-10-2010, 08:45 AM
vessel02

Well, I went with the Futaba 7c & reciever because I couldnt find a DX7 with reciever anywhere for less than $350. I picked up the Futaba 7C with reciever for $269 at helidirect.com yesterday! Im pumped - Cant wait to get it in the mail so i can figure out how to use all this stuff! lol. I bought my batteries off of ebay, thanks for the recomendation ilikethatsite, they will be here in a few days! So now I think Im complete when it comes to purchasing the right things to build my heli - all I really need now is a case, and Align sells a really nice aluminum case that will fit my 450 perfect! I just cant wait till it all gets here and I can start to build! Thanks guys
Old 01-15-2010, 04:53 PM
midntpumkin

when i program my 6i i get different values for the blade pitch, with the futaba i have 35% pitch on 5 and get a little over 10 degree pitch what do you get with the dx7 ? see not the same