Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

My new EXI 450

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 02:21 AM
wreched

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new EXI 450

Hey guys, glad to see there is an up to date forum with the exi 450, I am having a few issues being that i am a total newb to CP. and this being my first CP build. My current set up is the Esky 450 motor, 30a esc, cheap dynam servos, (again new build and just trying it out) and an align rce 550 gyro. My TX is an RDS8000 and need a little help setting this thing from the gyro to curves. Right now I am stuck on the gyro part, for some reason when i right stick the thing moves really fast to the left, but then when i go left stick i get either none or movement to the right. If you guys have the same set up with the RDS8000 TX that would totally help me out. THanks and happy hovering.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:00 PM
autopilot

I just got my EXI 450 in the air today. Everything went well. I'm just trimming with the training wheels on right now. I watched all of " Mikey's RC " videos on YouTube to get it together. I've had Futaba 6's over the years with airplanes, but I just got a 7C for this heli.

The Walkera 36 project never left the hangar.

Edit: I just noticed I've been here for 8 years, yet there's still so much more to learn. [&:]
Old 03-10-2010, 10:09 PM
jmbneaf
My Feedback: (24)

Cool - just built my new EXI450 as well - thanks to all for the notes and pointers.

BTW the URL for Mikey's RC Heli videos are here:
http://www.mikeysrc.com/Low-Cost-450-Heli.html

~J
Old 03-23-2010, 05:55 AM
hank01

Let's see if we can get this thread refocused. After the maiden flight meltdown, I posted the situation on the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9555120/anchors_9604462/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#9604462]xheli.com support forum[/link] to see what they would do to correct it. My preference was to replace the complete rotor head. Andy came back with a suggestion of just replacing the broken/damaged parts. To keep from haggling over the solution, the rotor head was disassembled and every part inspected for damage. The list of broken/damaged parts was sent to xheli. The replacements arrived yesterday, 18 days after making xheli aware of what happened. Now it's time to rebuild the head.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93719.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1403199  
Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 PM
wreched

Hank,

Man i feel your pain, fortunatly i havent broke my rotor head yet, buti did break the blade grips, when i replaced them the rubbershims/bushings seemed to be weared down quite a bit. But i proceededanyways, put everything back together, but there is a lot of plawbetween both blade grips. Have you expeirenced that? I have partlymetal and plastic, looking to go full cnc kit here by this week. happyhovering
Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM
hank01

No wear or play, it's brand new. I wouldn't fly or attempt to fly one with parts worn that much. Best of luck with the cnc head.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:11 PM
autopilot

No play here, just make sure those bolts are tight inside the grips. You'll need two hexes to make sure the other side doesn't turn, or maybe you knew that. [:@]

My next heli will definitely be metal head & tail, but I knew my first one would be the beat machine.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:16 PM
wreched

lol yea i did know that, thanks. its the rubber gromets that are wore down, you want actually hold the blade grips and move them up and down. Left and right are fine, but the up and down movement not so much, i almost feel i have to buy some new gromets or bushings or whatever thos things are that sit inside the head. but dont know where to find those
Old 03-29-2010, 12:22 PM
jauguston

Wrecher,

Those rubber thing are called dampers. Go to a aftermarket damper like the Trueblood Greens. I have them in both my EXI450's and my EXI500. They really crisp up the control.
If you are rebuilding your head a upgrade to the carbon steel main shaft is a good idea. Something as a simple as a hard landing with no appearant damage can bend the stock main shaft. I replace crash damaged parts with Trex parts from Heliproz. The Trex 450 SE V2 parts are mostlyinterchangable with the EXI 450.

Jim
Old 03-29-2010, 12:33 PM
wreched

Jauguston, thanks!!!! ill be sure to do just that and change out the main shaft!!!