RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Helicopter General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/)
-   -   RC Shopping around Lake Charles, La (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/11229300-rc-shopping-around-lake-charles-la.html)

bootcormie4789 09-15-2012 08:25 AM

RC Shopping around Lake Charles, La

I just recently moved to Lake Charles and fly Giant Scale Airplanes and 90 class Helis. I've yet to find a place to shop for fuels or supplies in this area. I found Bush RC in Sulphur but seems the number listed is not active. Any help would be great in regards to where to get fuels and supplies as well as where a good place in this area to fly. ie Flying clubs or something.

Thank you guys[/size]

bigpapa1272 09-19-2012 09:08 AM

RE: RC Shopping around Lake Charles, La

Hey boot.....i am from the area and have tried my hand at some things......i know mr bush in sulphur but it has been awhile since i have been to his shop....it is his shed out back of his house.....he did sell fuel and some radios etc. But nothing major.....you might want to try don stills hobby haven in beaumont tx....it is where i get my blade stuff from but he is more of a plane seller and i am sure that you could get what you need from him....i live in starks la. By the tx. border.....there is a group in carlyss that have a flying club and i have been meaning to join when i have time.....they have work tables under covered canopy....concrete runway and club house.....they meet on thursdays if i remember correctly and have flyins both plane and heli.....i have been to the may heli flyin several times and usually some good hearted people there.....met curtis youngblood there.....he is from this area....great guy....the name is L.A.R.K.S. in carlyss la. and they have a website under that name i believe if ya google it.....glad to find some local guy who flys.....stay in touch and let me know if i can help you get in touch with them.....also i will see if mr bush is still open so you dont have to go so far if possible for fuel and all.....but don stills is a nice shop with more options....will post his number when i can.....later bigpapa

bigpapa1272 09-19-2012 09:28 AM

RE: RC Shopping around Lake Charles, La

Hey boot....bigpapa again.....heres the low down on what i know......
Don stills number is 409-835-0303......like i said he has some good options
larksrc.org.....is the web site for the club in carlyss....they have a meeting this thursday the 20th and are hosting a big bird war bird flyin on the 6th of october....(sounds like your cup of tea;)....)......anyway thats all i know for now and will let you know if i ever can get ahold of mr. Bush......have a great day.....hope to see ya around the airfield sometime....bigpapa