RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Helicopter General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/)
-   -   Quick Learner 30 or Pro (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-helicopter-general-discussions-129/470750-quick-learner-30-pro.html)

SlimShady 01-10-2003 12:51 AM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

hey all,

Tell me all there is to know about this type of heli please! it was recommended to me ages as a good first time helicopter.....could someone verify this for me and tell me what advans i would have over a raptor 30 v2 as a first purchase?

Thanks,
Andy

JonYuhas 01-10-2003 02:51 PM

Quick Helis

Hello,

The major advantage of the quick is that it comes with all the upgrade parts directly out of the box. Metal swash, washout, guide pin, seesaw, bearing blocks, tail pitch lever, tail pitch slider, and the list goes on. What this does for you is that the helicopter wont develop the slop that many plastic machines will. Just the items listed would cost over $200 to upgrade. The other thing to consider is the cost of replacement parts and how many break during a crash. Our replacement parts are the cheapest you'll find.

If you decide on the raptor we sell the full metal head and full metal tail for $250 ;)

Sincerely,
Jon Yuhas
Quick Worldwide

SlimShady 01-10-2003 03:50 PM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

Ok thanks a lot. Are those upgrades you listed common even for a beginner purchasing a raptor 30 v2? So basically, Quick heli's are a lot more durable that their fellow counterparts making it more ideal for beginners?

So whats the difference in actual flying between that and the raptor 30 v2?

Thanks,
Andy

JonYuhas 01-10-2003 04:02 PM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

On average the quick breaks less stuff per crash that plastic helis, I believe. Making inevitable crashes cheaper.

Flying differences are very subjective. I don't think there is a huge difference between helicopters out of the box, but when helis develop slop you will notice the heli not flying quite right, and always having to adjust things.

Sincerely,
Jon Yuhas
Quick Worldwide

SlimShady 01-10-2003 07:27 PM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

And the fact that i live in Ireland...does that make it more difficult for me to get parts?

Cheers,
Andy

JonYuhas 01-10-2003 07:45 PM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

Well,

You can order parts directly, from here in the states or we do have a dealer for the Austria/Germany area. Also, one in the Sweden, Norway, Denmark area. One of those might be better for you.

Sincerely,
Jon Yuhas
Quick Worldwide

SlimShady 01-10-2003 07:53 PM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

cool, thanks a lot. If i need any more help, i know where to go to, hey have u got any good links just in terms of reviews or anything of helis??

Thanks,
Andy

JonYuhas 01-10-2003 08:14 PM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

For our helicopters, http://www.quickheli.com/Quickreviews.htm, this is a collection of reviews of our helicopters from independent people as well as well know publications.

Sincerely,
Jon Yuhas
Quick Worldwide

SlimShady 01-15-2003 01:39 AM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

Heard the constructing of a quick 30 is a mission in itself...is it really that bad?

Furyflyer2 01-15-2003 02:40 AM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

Originally posted by SlimShady
Heard the constructing of a quick 30 is a mission in itself...is it really that bad?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...33&forumid=197]

AdamB 01-27-2003 12:42 AM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

I've got a Quick 30 pro carbon fiber. Gotta say it is awesome. I've never broken anything carbon fiber on it yet. Had many crashes. Even the canopy is very durable. I am still using my original one for flying, but do have a spare for display.

Just a comment on HHI. I live ~45 minutes from them so have been there a couple of times. They even have inspected/ cleaned bearings after crashes for free. Once, they replaced a tail bearing that broke after a crash and re-set it for free.

All in all am very impressed with the Quick 30 and HHI.

PS for you guys that have never been to HHI, you should see all the spare parts they have.

frogg 01-30-2003 12:59 PM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

I purchased a quick 30 Learner about 3 months ago. I love the thing, keeping in mind that it is my first heli, so this opinion may not count for much!

I have never constructed any sort of RC aircraft before and did not have any difficulties following the instructions. The only thing I got wrong was installin one of the bearings in upside down and putting the of the uther linkages in the wrong way. This was easily resolved by bringing it the Quick distributor here in Melbourne and he picked it out in about 1 minute and gave me the info to fix it....but this is getting off the subject!

BTW, I dont know what the support is like over there in the states for the Quick stuff, but I got mine from the importer/distributor in Oz and they have been nothing but fabulous! :p

tindra 02-01-2003 08:20 PM

Quick Learner 30 or Pro

Mine (Learner) is about 2 months old, and I must say I love it. The support given by the Swedish retailer is the best I ever experienced. If any parts have been faulty, they have been replaced immediately.