Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Heaven Support
Reload this Page >

Zhengrun Z008 Not Stable

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Heaven Support Click here for help with all your RC Helicopter Heaven questions.

Zhengrun Z008 Not Stable

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 07:56 PM
hapahaolezbt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zhengrun Z008 Not Stable

Hello,

I am a complete beginner at RC Helis. I just bought the Zhengrun ZR Z008. It is supposed to be made for stable hovering and easy flying for beginners. The first flight straight out of the box the helicopter is flying everywhere. I have no idea what is going wrong. It wont hover even if I just leave everything stationary on the controls. it will lift and then fly off to one direction or another and crash. I noticed that the two side rotor blades don't spin. The accelerator button on the controller also does not work. Could I just have a defective heli?
Old 12-24-2010, 02:32 PM
chineyrasta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zhengrun Z008 Not Stable

hapahaolezby, if you are a R/C heli rookie, please take my advise and STOP, don't learn to fly on the Z008 heli. The sticks on the transmitter is Mode 4 configured (more on that later). If you learn to fly in this mode, you are going to have a tough time getting used to Mode 2 (which is the standard in the USA) when you eventually move up to a more advance heli. I bought one of the Z008 out of sheer curiosity, it really is an oddity. The outrigger rotors won't rotate until you move the aileron (left) stick side to side, the "ACCEL" button is a dummy, it's not connected to anything internally. Because it uses rotors for horizontal flight makes it painfully unresponsive and sluggish, not what you are looking for when you are learning to fly R/C helis. Put this heli on the shelf and go out and get yourself a Blade mCX, Heli-Max Axe CX micro, Revel Proto CX or something in that order, the main rotor on these helis are swahplate controlled like a real heli and much more reactive.