Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Heaven Support
Reload this Page >

2.4 trans + 72mhz rec.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Heaven Support Click here for help with all your RC Helicopter Heaven questions.

2.4 trans + 72mhz rec.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 PM
SWAT10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 trans + 72mhz rec.

I'm just getting back into helis and have some 72 mhz receivers and thinking of going with a 2.4 radio. Are the 2 compatible or do i need to switch receivers?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:29 PM
jbat35

Default RE: 2.4 trans + 72mhz rec.

Getting back into helis, or starting on helis, or maybe getting back after the first one you had where you spin it between your palms and it flys in the air? I assume by your username, intrests, your claimed experience, and posts that you have never flown a heli, and don't know the slightest bit about them. If you have 6 years plane experience and 1 year heli, you should know this.

2.4 GHZ vs. 72 MHZ. Gigahertz vs. Megahertz, hmmmm, i wonder???????
Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Flame-out

Or maybe a beanie cap with a spinning propeller on top?

Seriously, Dude you will need to buy some new receivers that are tuned to receive signals on the 2.4 GHz band if you want to use a 2.4 GHz transmitter. This is a case where apples need to equal apples!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 PM
SWAT10

Thanks , ihaven't flown anything in the last 4 years, and the user name is job related, i had to set aside all other hobbies due to training with the job, guess ignorance on my part, should have read a little into it more before asking questions!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 PM
jbat35

Special Weapons And Tactics doesn't require 4 years of training, training based on your sector, and the use of the training you had in your previous law enforcement or military career.  There must have been more than that going on to take up 4 years of time. 

20 years of rc car experience, 6 years of flying and building, and 1 year of heli flying and building.  A person in the hobby must know how radio control frequency's work with that experience, unless those numbers are fake. 
Old 01-22-2011, 11:09 PM
SWAT10

Numbers are not fake, i haven't done anything in the last 4 years with the r/c hobby. I took a transfer within the dept. I work for, not a full time SWAT Operator, i also maintain another job in the dept. Over the last 4 years between both jobs in training, schools,competitions and everyday work , then 2 kids playing every sport they possibly could, i had no time. I just ask a question, i didn't ask to becriticized, just wanting my kids to get in the hobby and try something new. If you were in LE you would understand, not retired yet.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Flame-out

I just noticed a typographical error in my earlier post... that should be 2.4 GHz not MHz. You're basically trying to use a transmitter that is broadcasting a signal of 2.4 BILLION cycles per second with a receiver that is tuned to receive signals of 72 MILLION cycles per second.

BIG thanks to all LE personnel who are doing a tough job that is under appreciated by many citizens.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
SWAT10

Thanks Flame-out, I didn't know if it would work or not, I had been very busy getting another notch in the belt with my career,17 years invested. Everything other than my family was put on hold and the time i could spend with them was most important, but time to get back to the hobby. I thank you for you information. Ha i can tell u anything about equip. i work with everyday, what it weights, purpose, andeffectiveness and alot of other things i can't talk about on here. Thanks Alot SWAT10
Old 01-28-2011, 08:49 PM
jbat35

ORIGINAL: SWAT10

and alot of other things i can't talk about on here.
What kinds of things can you not talk about on here might I ask? I didn't know that S.W.A.T. Teammembershas T.S. clearance???

Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 PM
lje553

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This forum is for asking questions. Who cares why he was out of the hobby or even if he did lie about his exposure to the hobby. I was out for 7 years and a lot had changed when I got back. Forums like this one with people that were kind enough to help catch me up on the changes in tech helped me get back into the hobby with much success. Now try to repay the favor by answering questions. But many of the people on here today are mean to beginners and try to make them feel stupid just because they didn't Google everything first before they asked a question. Cut him some slack he wants to fly. The more fliers out there the better the market will be for the development of new heli stuff.

And to answer your question the old 72mhz stuff will not work. 2.4 ghz is much nicer due to the lack of channel cross over. This allows any one to fly at the same time as anyone else because they don't have to check to see what channel someone else is on.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
jbat35

When Mr. Bigglesworth gets angry, people die!!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:19 PM
lje553

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe you botched the line it goes,

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my underground lair. I have gathered here before me the world's deadliest assassins, and yet each of you has failed to kill Austin Powers. That makes me angry. And when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset... people DIE!"

You see Mr Bigglesworth doesn't get angry.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 PM
SWAT10

jbat35, why all the hostility, has a S.W.A.T. team paid you a visit before? Is that why you want to try and belittle your fella American?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:17 AM
jbat35

ORIGINAL: lje553

I believe you botched the line it goes,

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my underground lair. I have gathered here before me the world's deadliest assassins, and yet each of you has failed to kill Austin Powers. That makes me angry. And when Dr. Evil gets angry, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset. And when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset... people DIE!"

You see Mr Bigglesworth doesn't get angry.
Actually no, because I wasn't quoting the movie. I was quoting a internet meme, where it got its fame is the fact it deviated from the quote.

Swat10, I have nothing against the SWAT team, however the only people I have ever met with things like swat as their name who claim to be on a swat team as their profession are 10 year olds who are bull****ting with the internet curtain they are protected by. And the one thing that I hate is bull****ters.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:23 PM
SWAT10

Ha Ha, You Funny J,,,,,,LATER
Old 02-14-2011, 07:34 PM
SWAT10

Alright guy's J knows the truth,, he caught us all telling him a fib.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM
jbat35

The cake is a lie?

I never said you were full of it or not on the swat team, however you do know my suspicion. Why would a person make their name on here something like swat10, or armyman, airforce22, or any other law enforcement/military word? Simply, to get attention. To get recognized or to be fammed. However, most people in those respective fields do not need that support and rocognition everywhere they go, including the internet. Like I said the only people I have ever met who have names such as yourself are bull sheeters trying to get theft of glory. I would like to remind you if this is the case that it is illegal to impersonate anyone within the law enforcement and military agencys, and if you are impersonating a swat team member, that the penaltys of doing such are quite large.

Many people on here could make their names their jobs if they want to, however I rarely see people who do such. However there is a large number of people who make their name suggesting a job because they are trying to be cool. You don't need to make your name something to make yourself cool. You get popularity by what you say and how you act. My name is a gammertag I commonly use, not after my job. Why, because I don't need to tote my job on the internet in order to get attention and praise for a lack of such in real life. Being a swat team member is much more prestigious than my job, and i assume that it would be quite a bit more praised in real life and even less of a reason to try to inform everyone accross the internet about it. And if you are feeling a lack of confidence for some reason, go talk at a elementary school during career week or something. If you really are a swat team member, I can gaurentee you will not need praise about your job for a long time after that.

Thats all I have to say about that.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 PM
SWAT10

Well put J, in fact I am who i say i am, my screen name in fact is related to my job and the reason being is because I use it on other sites and my buddies all know me by my screen name when we communicate on the net. I keep the same screen name due to the fact I don't like trying to remember screen names for other sites, thats all.
I came on here to find out a simple question about newer RC equip.to me. I don't feel like I have to explain my lack of not keeping up in the world of RC.

Thanks ,,,,,In fact I love my job and what I get to do every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:41 PM
kc5niy

Hey SWAT10, at 200 you can up it 2 moa or 8 clks and the dope will be about right, so just send it!!
I'm watching ur 6.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:44 PM
SWAT10

What up Kc, glad to see you, Roger on 2 up,,,, Its sent....
Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 PM
kc5niy

Roger, ten-seven and see ya in the am. Dont be too hard on jbat35, hes just plain ignorant. Not his fault, I mean you cant blame your parents for the screwed up DNA, can u??
Old 02-17-2011, 06:49 PM
kc5niy

oh yea, I'm thinking the 1911 is a bad idea. Ding said a lot of work including slide cutting for a novak set on the rear or basically any after market on the rear it has to be milled out. The stock sights are not going to work. We'll see tomorrow of JO sold it or not.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:03 PM
kc5niy

Hey B. Check out this url, this may be why 35 is so, well negative towards you.

might be mistaken identity but I doubt it.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:16 PM
kc5niy

GREEN BEANS,, yea, thats what I would say.

HE GOT WEED! HE GOT WEED!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:43 PM
SWAT10

Ha Ha , hey Kc you reckon thems some sho nuff green beans????? I bet 5810 would like to see that. I'm glad to see you keepin ur comms.going. C U in the AM,,, Later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.