Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

"I cant believe I did that" topic.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

"I cant believe I did that" topic.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Freakazoid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "I cant believe I did that" topic.

Hi all,

This was a great hit on some computer forum I visit, so perhaps it ll give a few giggles, oooh & aaah, and a couple DOH's.
Heres how it goes:

The mail delivered my new heli, so I was very excited to start unpacking and setting it up for a flight.
I did a very brief channelcheck and only checked if all channels where on the right stick.
So I set it down, and gave it a good heave on the throttle, only to discover at 6ft off the ground that some channels where inverted!!

SMACK.... broken swash and tail, after only 5 secs of flight. [:@] Bad luck? I sure think so..

Now its someone elses turn to share his/her RC misery.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61348.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	163873  
Old 08-15-2004, 05:55 AM
Mhale71

Default RE: "Bad Luck" topic.

what happens when you take off and lift up 40 feet and you get a cramp in both your thumbs with your new $1200 helicopter
Old 08-15-2004, 06:05 AM
Freakazoid

Id bite through the pain, because someone would have to cut my arms off before I would let my model crash.

The bad luck continues:
I began the repairs on my crashed heli. First I tried getting the cracked tailboom out, using some adhesive dissolvant. I put some of the chemicals on a cotton swab, and dabbed the glued parts after trying it on some invisible spot, to see that it wont fight the plastic, but it was fine. After I finished dabbing the gluespots I put down the swab to start yanking the tailboom remains, not noticing the swab was rolling around on my desk, bumping into my heli canopy. When I finally saw what happened, it had allready anihalated about a square inch of canopy plastic. [:@]

Strike 2.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:15 AM
FOD MAN

[:-] Definition of luck....That which happens by chance,fortune or lot. Definition of stupid....Very slow in understanding, lacking in intelligence and dull-witted. [:-]
Old 08-15-2004, 10:23 PM
last12know

The topic should be "I can't believe I did that"

Okay, I got distacted while putting the wing on my airplane. Another pilot crashed his plane into a tree. After inspecting his plane I went get mine so I could fly it. Right after take off I realized I had only put two rubber bands on the wing.

After finding my airplane in the top of one of the trees close to the field (unhurt which was the good luck part of this story) I tried to climb the tree to retrieve my airplane and fell from about 15 feet and sprained my ankle. (the bad luck part of the story)

Any way before my ankle started to swell I went to get a chain saw and got my airplane back.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:05 AM
Mhale71

man my thumbs froze that faitful day
Old 08-17-2004, 06:02 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: "I cant believe I did that" topic.

My friend ask me to test fly his new Spitfire. He and I and about 4 other veteran flyers gave it a good looking over. After a long roll out it rotated and started to go left. It could not get it to go right. When it was inverted I cut the throttle and it landed inverted in a plowed field. About the same time it went in I said out loud the AILE are backwards. Luckily it only hurt the cowl and prop. The six of us felt pretty stupid for our rookie mistake.

David
Old 08-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Freakazoid

Ouch, david. [&:] At the bits that where hurt, you forgot to mention the 1 thing that recieved the biggest dent of it all. Your ego. Luckily you knew what to do when a plane is as good as out of control.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:16 AM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my friends brand new aeroworks edge 540T .40 that only had about 5-6 flights on it into the trees. I got it too slow and it stalled and rolled over about 10' above the tree line. The look on his face was one of disbeleif.

Was flying and chatting with my friend (same person as above), he had his ultra stick .40 up and i had my funtana .40 up. We were playing a game of chase and talking about various aeromodeling topics. I was telling him how another friend of mine midaired his funtana and destroyed. No sooner those words left my mouth, his plane rammed my funtana in the right wing about 50' up and sent her spinning to her death. He deadsticked in with no damage. We laughed profusely and gave a high 5 as we walked to the point of impact.

BTW: This is a good topic, usually in this forum is those dumb add 5 words posts that never make any sense.

sean
Old 08-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Freakazoid

Heheh, cheers.

Ive got another one.
I was just messing about with my new Accipiter Badius glider, trying to program the throttle centre in a new model slot on my FF6 TX. (its a real b!tch to get it going). Then put the plane down on my bed on my balancing fork to begin servo adjusting, and I assumed I had set the center of the throttle way down when I activated the plane, only to get harshly reminded to the fact that I didnt reverse the channel yet, making the plane go nuts at 100% power.[&:]

Can you guess what happened?
*WHIZZZZZ RIP RIP RIP RIP -A lot of cussing-*

The plane hopped of the balance fork and dug vicously into my bed sheets, ripping a big wide hole in it..

"I cant believe I did that!"

A little tip: No matter what size the plane, do NOT sit infront of it before your really sure it is set up propperly, because it might go for the meat.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Jim_McIntyre

My good friend Frank isn't with us anymore but I still smile when I remember this;

Frank was still a master builder but his flying skills were dwindling in his later years. He brought out one of his latest masterpieces in the hopes that I would test fly it after training was over. Because it was a very hot day, he took it out of the car while he was pulling out his trainer..... you can see where this is going

Well ... it seems he'd forgotten to charge his receiver battery in his trainer the night before and, his well trimmed Eagle flew away on us.... He jumped in his car to chase it .... and backed over his beautifully finished (silk and dope) ... and as yet unflown Taube.

Yes it sounds non humorous but, I still remember the kick Frank used to get out of telling it.... several weeks after it happened

-------------------------------------------

Another friend of minehad a similar incident.

He'd brought out his new plane to fly (I think it was a Cap) and, decided to get a flight in on old faithful (a Falcon 56) to build some confidence....

As he throttle dup to check the engine, he realized ... too late ... he'd fogotten to fasten the tether ... and watched in dismay as the Falcon chewed the tail off his brand new, unflown Cap! [X(]
Old 08-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Freakazoid

heheh, Ive had a taube once.. A taube Rumpler.

Driving over your own plane... damn thats harsh.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:52 AM
SilverEagleBW

Ok,,,,here ya go,DOH!

#1,One night in a building frenzy i glued a 6 inch by 1 inch peice of 3/32nd balsa to my lower lip.DOH!..was stuck there for 3 days(Before debonder was invented)..My wife never let me live that one down.I told her,,I can't beleive i did that.

#2 One saturday morning i was in a hurry to get back to building,so when i got out of bed i went right to the chest of drawers where i put my Exacto knife on friday night.Being have asleep yet i knocked the darn thing from the chest of drawers and wouldn't you know it,DOH!!!!,it stuck right into the top of my right foot.OUCH!Had to go to the ER to get it extracted.Again,,my wife never let me live that one down.Again i told her,i can't beleive i did that.

#3 One afternoon i was doing some trim work with my Dremel tool with that sharp little saw Blade on a 1/4 scale fuse,,,,,,,,,OPPS!,,,,,OUCH!,,,,,,,,,WOW!!,Lookie here boys and girls!,,I cut my third finger on my left hand down to the bone from the top of the finger all the way down to the fingernail!,,,,,,,,,DOH!!!,,,,,,,I drove myself to the ER,,showed the Doctor my finger and asked if i needed stitches,,,,,,,,LMAO,,,,,yeppers 17 of them!The most painfull part of the whole deal was getting that needle stuck into my finger to numb it before he stitched it up.Then they put my finger in a splint and wrapped it,went home,,,,,,WIFE NEVER LET ME LIVE THAT ONE DOWN!
I just told her again,,,I CAN'T BELEIVE I DID THAT!,,HEHE!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:16 AM
nick.wright
My Feedback: (16)

I can't believe I glued a TT Decathlon fuse to my leg!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:15 PM
3D-kid330

I cant believe that I ca'ed my fully assembled Extra to my hand with debonder upstairs! I had a fun time trying to get that up the stairs...

3D-kid330
Old 08-25-2004, 11:41 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

I can't believe I pulled the top off a super thin CA bottle with my teeth.
Think about it.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:02 PM
âûñøåå îäíî

I cant believe it took my 3 glow plugs to relize you cant use a 12 volt battery.....
Old 08-27-2004, 07:21 AM
Freakazoid

I cant believe I maidened my new Badius glider on a 20ft. wide grass strip with cottages on both sides. [&:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23542.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	167922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49651.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	167923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71861.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	167924  
Old 08-29-2004, 01:19 AM
kwijibo

I can't beleive I did this ...

I was in the middle of building my first heli (a Kyosho Nexus) and as soon as I installed the engine, I thought it would be cool to see if the clutch assembly worked correctly. I started my Nexus inside the house with the flybar attached (no main blades) and not a single servo in the heli. Obviously the engine started and the head started spinning, but later it started reving up because I had nothing to control the throttle servo with.

The only thing that came to mind was to stop the flybar using my forearms and I did. That darn flybar bruised me up pretty bad.

3 years later, I still think about how stupid I was and how lucky I was that it was the flybar that hit my forearms and not the paddles ... its still fresh in my mind that full of blood Z bent 3mm flybar and the room full of smoke [:-]
Old 09-04-2004, 01:16 AM
jameschen0702

CANt BELIEVE A TOOLBOX fELL ON MY FORMOSA!!! I came on and found it completely destroyed and under a toolbox..so it's either a very angry neighbour or the thing we all hate- gravity
Old 09-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

Used regular thin ca glue on ca hinges on a foam wing. By the time it stopped eating, 1/4 of the wing was gone! Crap!
Old 09-05-2004, 12:36 AM
miamiflyer

[]
I can't believe,
I couldn't remember the right sequence to put my Ustick 60 wing in my miata
convertible after flying at the field (it was dark).
(top down, wing in, slide to middle of console over fuse, align with headrest, slowly
move top up)
When I put the top up , the rear window crunched the wingtips.

Next day i was smarter but i forgot to secure the top latches.
When i turned onto I 95 and picked up speed, the top blew down and crunched
the wing tips again.
duh! [&o]
Old 09-13-2004, 06:06 AM
RC Fan

I once bought two 12" long drill bits.

Tried one on my dremel and as it spun up the tip began to wobble and before I could say Jack Robinson the drill bit was bent 90 degrees just above the chuck. The Dremel went wild in my hands - a real bucking bronco - and somehow I switched it off.

This incident should have given me some brains - No sir

Soon after - too lazy to pull out my my regular (low speed) drill I fastened the second long drill bit in my trusty Dremel. I reminded myself to keep it slow this time. After drilling a hole I became more confident and increased the speed a wee bit.

Once again when the tip began to wobble - you guessed it - I panicked and instead of turning it off - I put the dremel to FULL SPEED

Bang! one more drill bit bent 90 degrees and spinning at 30000 rpm

It ended gouging up the carpet, cutting through my slippers and practically self destructing till I yanked out the power cord.

How STUPID can a guy be !

Needless to add I have never bought a long drill bit after that !!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Gravityisnotmyfriend
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: H. Wayne S

I can't believe I pulled the top off a super thin CA bottle with my teeth.
Think about it.
I can't believe I'm not the only person to do that!
Old 09-15-2004, 12:00 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK...here's another

I use the eye dropper CA applicators from the LHS. One day I was CA'ing a piece into my plane and I dipped the eye dropper in the bottle of CA and filled it up. Leaned forward to see where I needed to apply the glue,....and sure enough my shirt hit the bottle of CA without the top on it. It fell over into a plastic case where I keep my small screwdrivers gluing at lease three of them to the case. When I realized what I had done, I pulled back and my shirt turned the bottle a little sideways and the CA drained out gluing the plastic case to the top of my workbench. Still not done though.....Not thinking, I grabbed a rag and began to wipe up the CA...yep, glued myself to the rag. I was able to get the screwdrivers loose, but still have some wood from the top of my workbench glued to the bottom of the case after I was able to get it off of the bench.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.