Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

The most annoying sayings

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

The most annoying sayings

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 06:24 PM
GreenTea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The most annoying sayings

Just for trivia's sake, yes. Thailand. I'm sure there's another... or a few more.

ORIGINAL: T-Rex

MHale 71,
Can you name me one civilization
in history that has never conquered,
been conquered, or both ? The U.S.
didn't steal anything. The Indians
lost the war. I take exception to your
insult. t-rex
Old 03-10-2006, 03:39 PM
tron_23

viperdude said:
8. "learn a mans sport"
response: i play a mans sport...its called sex ever hered of it?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Reindeer
My Feedback: (25)

Here's mine:

1. People who ask/state the obvious... for example, one guy was looking at the purple shock socks on my EK-4, and asked me if they were purple shocks.

2. Not so much what they say, but what they do. The one thing that I really hate is when I'm either operating an R/C vehicle or right in the middle of trying to fix something that someone will get in my face and start asking a bunch of questions.

3. People who refer to R/C as "toys".
Old 03-11-2006, 10:49 PM
rckrazy57
My Feedback: (61)

when a mom comes up and asks me(after I land a mini funtana in the bushes down the hill) "my son just love watching that plane twirl around in the sky. His birthdays coming up. do you know where I can get one of those for him?
Old 03-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Dav0012

The most annoying thing said to me was by my school mates, when i told them about how i bought my great planes christen eagle II and they found out how many $$$ is put into it, there like... Why waste so much money on a useless peice of wood that will crash, now that aggravates me BIGTIME!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:44 PM
C00LR

I've tried and tried to explain the differences in my E-MAXX and the red 4x4 truck thingy you can buy at Radio Shack to my father and his girlfriend. He and his live in girlfriend bought the red thing for her 6 yr old grandson for Christmas. Then they want me to come over and repair or hop up or modify the red thing. I've tried and tried to explain the differences in the trucks to them. They just won't get it. And yes I heard the phrase mentioned in this thread a couple times already. "Look at the thin plastic body on that. HOW CHEAPY" "Look how this one has the thick red plastic body its stronger" GRRR!!! [>:]I calmly explain that it has a cheapy lexan body so it can be easily and cheaply replaced if it gets cracked or damaged when I flip the truck. Which WILL HAPPEN AND DOES FREQUENTLY! Like I said, my father wants me to work on, modify, or do I dont know what to the red thing to make it go as fast as my MAXX. Like all I have to do is turn a screw or take some magic speed limiter out of the thing. His reasoning is that he doesnt know anything about this RC stuff and since I have one that pretty much makes me an expert engineer for TRAXXAS or something. It baffles me because this is my dad, the man who taught me to be mechanically inclined to the extent that I am.
Those DAD words came with me all through my life...
"watch how it comes apart son. It came apart, it'll go back together the same way".
But anyway, in the end their grandson is happy playing with his Radio Shack truck and I just don't take the EMAXX over there when he's there so we can avoid the "CAN I DRIVE IT"? stress.

But yeah I can relate to the CAN I DRIVE IT blues. My next door neighbor always wants to drive my truck. I dont mind much because he is wanting to get one for himself. (I CAN'T WAIT!!!!) Then I'll have a buddy to run with out in the street. I can't wait to see how cool he thinks it is when its HIS $329.00 + tax + cost of batteries + whatever else launching over the curb and flipping end over end into the yard. I'm being really patient because I am hoping I can be the influence to get one more individual interested in the RC stuff and he hasn't torn up anything yet. (and fortunately for me, you can't tell just by looking at them whether or not my batteries are charged up right now or not!!!
Rob
Old 03-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Mi_Heli_guy

My real issue (When I say issue, it is something that makes me want to spit on them when they say it) is people who call R/C "remote" controlled.

I don't use a remote.

I use a Radio.

Actually, I use Microwave Freqs. But, for the love of god... it's not an old Betamax VCR, THOSE were remote controlled. My Heli is Radio controlled.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Suddenstop

Mom comes up with the kids asks if the kids can try. You say no, then they get mad untill you tell them how much it costs, jaws drop. Then mom tells the kids not to touch!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:24 AM
G.P.
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Mi_Heli_guy

My real issue (When I say issue, it is something that makes me want to spit on them when they say it) is people who call R/C "remote" controlled.

I don't use a remote.

I use a Radio.

Actually, I use Microwave Freqs. But, for the love of god... it's not an old Betamax VCR, THOSE were remote controlled. My Heli is Radio controlled.
Don't see the big deal. Unless you're sitting inside of it it's a remotely controlled vehicle.

Anways, if this hasn't been posted it answers all of the stupid questions that I always get and even addresses the remote/radio issue.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66430.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1015493  
Old 08-20-2008, 06:42 PM
reincarnate

Hehehe....I just bought one of those. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM
burningpoo

"You paid how much for your 4 year old's rc!?!?" And they don't believe me when I say $150.00 is cheap.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:45 PM
ssrc30

Well its good to see that I aint the only one in GP who has been asked those same stupid questions.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:03 PM
ssrc30

ORIGINAL: WackoWasko

What is the most annoying thing non-RCers say when you are driving, flying or working on you model?

Does it fly.....................?[&:]

Questions asked when I was showing off, and flying, my T-Rex 600 at a local school.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:01 PM
TakingFlight96

"Oh, look at that cute little remote control airplane sitting there" and "Is that all it does, just sit there" I've seriously been asked and heard both of these comments. One of the most annoying sayings IMO is when people reffer to the airplane as "remote control" Its like - I fly w/ a radio, not a remote. Remote sounds like its a cheap toy.

TF96
Old 09-04-2008, 01:20 AM
c0rtina

Im glad i tought myself what i know ,i dont think i could handle dealing with a bunch of people who think they arnt kids because they turned 14 to 16 years old , and fly planes/heli's
owning an R/C dosnt make you all growen up , understanding them sure as hell dosnt....
i feel that some of you need to lighten up ........ you guys want people to join you in your flying/driving/piloting , you choose , then some of you guys need to grow up!

Im 27 now , have only just got the chance to get into this as a hobby instead of doing drugs , maybe doing drugs makes me an idiot in past time , but thank god i didnt decide this is a good choice due to lil noobs with planes/cars that have there parents buy em anyways
Yea i have read every post here and its a sure conclusion i have come to.

by the way , Australia wasnt made up entirly of criminals , the criminals forged the colony at that time , then they moved alot of people in to make it actually werth having!! , so yea

Answer the questions you once asked your damn selfs.......................
Old 09-06-2008, 09:48 PM
hopper1313

ha one time this lady came up to my friend and said "hey did you get that at radio shack?"

ridiculous...
Old 09-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: hopper1313

ha one time this lady came up to my friend and said "hey did you get that at radio shack?"

ridiculous...
Some people really don't know where to get the good R/C stuff, they're used to seeing RS or other department store toys.
Quick but kind of funny story. When I raced R/C trucks (I'm into the boating thing now) we had 2 hot-shots show up at the local track/hobby shop with their Radio Shack buggies. These guys had a cocky strut when they walked in like they were going to show us the way around the track. Needless to say, after a couple of laps around the track they packed up and left before practice was over with.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:33 PM
c0rtina

What happens when your boat stops in the middle of the pond?
[/quote]

An easy answer would be , " i throw you in , and you swim and get it for me
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 AM
viperdude

Im from the AFF, and you cant fly here.
- My name is Bozo the Clown, I have a license to dive bomb your dumb @$$.

Can i try?
-Usually about 6-13 years old, and accompanied by their parents, ive gotta say that there is no easy way to tell say:
There is no way in hell im going to put 2 grand, and 4 months of work into your unexperienced fingertips.

My Cousins is faster
-Boils my blood. I Swear.

Did you buy that at target?
-No. Hell No.

How far can it go?
-Much, Much Further then your cousins, or your uncles.

I had one from RadioShack, I got bored with it.
-More like broke it.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

Ahhhh..... Here we go....

Real conversation:
6-year-old-kid: Can I try?
Me: No.
Kid:Please?
Me: No.
Kidaddy, he's being mean. He won't let me try it.
Dad:Is it ok if he just tries it once?
Me: Ok, but you have to let me hold your wallet and all its contents while he's on the sticks and if he doesn't grease the takeoff AND landing I keep it.

And....

How high can it go?

How fast can it go?

Where did you get it?

Did you build that?

I have one just like it ( about my GP Synapse)

Can it go upside-down? (about my Axe CP)

Is it hard to fly?

It's so BIG! (Slow Stick)

Does it take batteries? (I don't haveany nitros at all)

Look! The levers go in a circle!

And finally, I was at the park once without any planes or helis and some stuffy old guy shows up with a MPX EasyStar. After several unsuccessful attempts to fly the thing I stop giggling and go over to offer some help. Even after I help him with the trims and give him some basic flight tips, he thinks i'm just some dumb kid who happens to have some good ideas. Well, I finally wind up holding the tx so I can demonstrate what not to do in a turn and effortlessly fly like eight laps of the field before greasing the landing as well as its possible to grease a landing without LG. The look on his face was priceless.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:23 PM
iflyg450

"DID YOU CRASH?"

WHILE CARRYING THE SCRAPS TO YOUR CAR.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: iflyg450

"DID YOU CRASH?"

WHILE CARRYING THE SCRAPS TO YOUR CAR.
1) Nope, I just like to take things apart and put them back together again!

2) I bought it as a kit so I'm putting it back that way.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 AM
psb667

no annoying sayings(I have been told I have the patients of job when it comes to young people old people and well people in general.) what does bug me is when the kids are standing there watching(And theyre never going to stop asking for a turn/try/go theyre kids.)and one ofem decides to get as close as they can while you are hovering. makes me wreck almost every time(helis). the second thing is parents or children who freak out if the thing is anywhere near them (I mean within like a hundred yards) as for the youngsters I hope you come back to rc after you discover girls. As for the field the most annoying thing is people who disrespect your hard earned $300.00 you spent on a trainer so that you can learn to fly. thailand has been conquered once and thais have been head hunters for thousands of years. civilization in general is like us all you me and the thirteen year old with the short mans complex mostly insecure and brutal. suck it up. if you arnt enjoying your self where you are walk a few blocks most of us rc geeks dont get enough exercise anyway. thanks for the forum to vent patient people get really angry sometimes. as for the burgaler come on over my gun is never loaded my dogs dont bite and i dont sneak up on people with sharp objects in my hand. last but not least (no more new rc hobbiests no new planes/helis/cars)
Old 01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
raceahallic

People who go out and but a 100$ plane ext from KB toys that don’t have any control whatsoever ask if I can help them fly go faster ext. I ask if they still got the box and recite and sat just take it back and tell them u changed your mind. If I am having a bad day I point to the trashcan and say it goes in there went you are done. Or just read the instructions tat thing has no chance.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Habaneroe

Problem with that is that KB is closing thier doors and they are not taking returns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.