Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Funny Things Said In Your LHS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Funny Things Said In Your LHS

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:17 AM
NightHawk871

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funny Things Said In Your LHS

Yeah, thats kind of redicioulous because even the non-nitro car/plane guy here knows that.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 AM
generis

Couple of good stories here:

I'm in the LHS a couple of years ago. Fella comes in looking at, and buying this huge gas powered 4 foot long speed boat, red, really nice. Drops his whole life savings on this thing, tons of equipment, and all the fixings. I'm in there again to pick up some ordered parts, the guy's wife comes in....
She asks the desk clerk " hi, I'm here to pick up a prop for my husband's boat."
Clerk, " Sure. Which boat is that?"
Wife, " it's the one he picked up 2 days ago... it's red, and around 4 feet long. The one for $300, just like that one over there...."
Clerk, (completely passing over the reality of the $1100 pricetag, and steering her away from the one priced on the display) " Oh, sure.. we have those props over here for $10. Here you go.."
HAHAHA Me and the clerk have a huge laugh about that one after she leaves!

Second one:

After standing in a non-local shop for about 5 minutes looking at consignment cars, trucks, new traxxas, losi, duratrax, tamiya stuff on the wall and displays, everything from frogs to rustlers to rc10s to xxx2s and on and on, the shop clerk comes over to me.
Clerk, " So what are you interested in?"
me, " Looking for some electric car and truck stuff. Deans, a BL motor, and onroad tires. "
Clerk, " Oh, electrics. That stuff went out years ago. I don't think we have anything like that left. (standing in front of a case full of high quality nimh batteries and connectors) In fact, I can't remember when we sold the last electric car or truck here. I don't think there's a market for any of that stuff anymore. It's all nitro now. "
me, "Thanks, I'm just looking."

Didn't even ask him if he had one of the new e-revo's.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:42 AM
victorzamora

Hahaha....those are both pretty good.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:17 AM
VXL_Champ

I was in my LHS, great place, the other day and this guy walks in with a Summit.
Customer: I bought this here the other day and now it doesn't work
Owner: What happened?
Customer: The box says it's water proof so I weighted it down and drove it on the bottom of my pool.
Owner: You will have to send it to Traxxas for possible warranty repair.
Customer: that would take to long. Do you have any more in stock?
Owner: Yes
Customer: I'll take it.

I can't even afford one and this guy breaks one he just bought and doesn't care so just buys another one. Must be nice
Old 04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Did you offer to take his broken on off his hands for him?
Old 04-04-2009, 07:52 PM

I was in the local LHS the other day and a guy came in and bought a bunch of parts for his heli and said "I don't fly, I crash". the same day I asked the clerk how much a TT engine was
and he said "its an engine" I asked how many CI it is and he said "its a gas engine"
Old 04-05-2009, 12:51 AM
lemonlaw95

hey, what's wrong with hobbytown?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:34 PM
agleaves
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: lemonlaw95

hey, what's wrong with hobbytown?
The only hobby store near me is Hobby Town- It has an ok selection of basic parts, but there's not a single glow plane. I'm building a silk and dope covered cub right now, needless to say I can't find much for it at HT.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:57 AM
hpidrifternewb

i have a story about my lhs but it itsny funny

i orderd a new boddy when i bought a used hpi rs4 pro. me and my wife asked if we can get the rsx body from hpi and said he can have it here next wednesday and its been almost 2 months and still no bodywe call every week
Old 04-25-2009, 10:01 AM
lousyflyer

hpidrifternewb, you missed your chance to make the post humorous - did the people at the hobby shop say "That's funny, it should have been here by now"? Now THAT cracks me up! Did you get it? - the joke, I mean.... Oh , no... I made another pun! Sorry about your car body - my guess is that it never got ordered by mistake. My LHS owner only made orders once a week, but he wrote everything down when someone asked him to order parts. Did you see anyone write your request down when you made it? If you put down a deposit, ask for a refund.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:50 PM
hpidrifternewb

i paid in full im gonna order a different body from another store and pay half then the other half when itgets here
Old 04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Roguedog

I don’t know if any one will think this is funny but I found it hilarious and typical of the geezer ness of some people in this hobby.

When I decided to get back into the hobby about two years ago, I started by going to all the Hobby Stores within 30 minutes or so of me to see what they had as far as kitted airplanes, radios, engines, etc.. I needed a radio so naturally I inquired into what was the best and/or most popular at each LHS. At one store the I asked what was the best radio. The guy said that JR was the best and went into a rant about how much better JR was then all the others and then tried to sell me a used JR Model 347 for $350.00. Since I had been to other stores and online researching radios I new this was outrageous and I started asking questions about other items I was interested in and asked him if he had checked out the new online RC groups. His reply about the online groups was that going online was a waste of time for those who really want to fly and that most of those online guys don’t have a clue about the hobby. I next asked how much ¾ ounce fiberglass cloth was and he said $3.99 a yard, then continued pushing the JR radio. I said thanks for the info, told him I was window shopping and would be back.

Two months later, I got such a great deal on a futaba 9 channel radio online i couldn't resist and got it, less than $125 for the radio a syn module and still had the clear plastic covering the lcd. A month later I stopped back at the JR guys store and let it slip that I bought a futaba radio. All the sudden all the prices I got at the earlier visit where now double in price. Fiberglass cloth $7.99 a yard, etc.. Needless to say I didn’t and won’t buy a thing from this guy. What’s really funny is there where no RC car’s in his store at all and right across the street was a RC car track with another hobby store. That sold everthing. Talk abut a thorn in your side. Man! Hehe
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

well i had one guy tell me the emaxx titan and the rusty/pede/slash/bandit titan were the exact same motor.. i told him it wasnt but he said it was. as in same turns.W/E

then i heard one guy talking about at the race he raced in last night  that he was running people into the walls *on purpose*(vta class) and they were hitting him back and it was pissing him off..

i could go on, most of the people at my lhs do on carpet (vta). so your like do u have ne flm. there like whats that..
Or this guy had this rusty vxl on 3s and was FULL INTEGY. i was like soooooo does it bend at all? Hes like it never bends, i use it at a bmx track.. im like riiiiiiight
Old 06-10-2009, 11:29 AM
mxryder527

ORIGINAL: larryf333

One of the best things I ever heard at my LHS was, and I quote, "WD-40 kills roaches." I looked at him and said, "No it doesn't, it just makes them harder to catch." Guess there actually is always another use for it.

kills bees to lol
Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 AM
WiLL-3D

Went to the hobby shop

Do you have Raptor 50 tail rotor blades?
-No I just have Raptor 30's
Old 06-15-2009, 11:16 AM
speedy72vega

Here's a true story, kinda funny now that it's in the past. 
I went to my LHS on the Friday after Xmas this past year. I got there right at 9AM when they opened. There was a guy in there shopping already, and the manager and I started chatting about my Blade 400. This guy walks up with a Nitro truck chassis and starts asking for a bearing. We all chatted for about 10 minutes, the mgr hands him the bearing, and he walks to the register about 10 feet from where i'm standing. All of a sudden, about 7 cops come barging in the store with guns out and order everyone to the ground.
We all immediately get to the ground with our hands on our heads, staff and all. They ask who owned the white pickup outside, and the guy we had been chatting with admitted it was his. They took him to the ground and handcuffed him, then they let us all get up.
They asked him if he had any weapons of any kind, he said "no, but my ex has been calling the cops on me telling them I have a gun". They asked if they could search his truck, and he said ok.
Well, they found a loaded 38 in the truck! Turns out, he had been driving down the street pointing the gun at other drivers. One lady called the cops and followed him to the LHS, that's how they caught him.
The guy was less than 3 feet away from me not 2 minutes earlier!! Kinda funny now though............
Now, almost every time I go to that shop, the mgr and I somehow always seem to bring that day up!!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:47 PM
lousyflyer

Those R/C car guys - you just can't trust 'em with a handgun!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
roostergod

Ok i guess im just lucky, Im trying to get into flying, But I been into nitro offroad for a long time and LOVE it, And my wife will go get me any parts I need even if its out of her way, Cause she will sit there with me and watch me build them and rip them apart and rebuild them over n over again, For hours on end, Plus will sit there building models and racen my all over the yard n street with the rc's, She the PERFECT woman
Old 08-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

i got a good one, a guy was watching the hobby shop worker fly a helicopter.. the story goes like this lhs= works in hobby shop guy=customer

customer Thats a pretty cool helicopter
lhs yeh there a real blast
customer how long did it take you to get good
lhs oh about a year, to be able to do different tricks
customer sweet, you fly planes to?
lhs yeh i like the better i can fly them it smaller areas
customer how much do plane kits cost
lhs oh cheapest trainers starting at $200 not including electronics
customer oh yeh, how much do you have in your helicopter?
lhs is that your wife?
customer yeh.. why?
lhs you may want to cover her ears
customer haha ok
lhs i have about 1k + in it

i thought it was funny
Old 08-08-2009, 08:42 PM
victorzamora

That's not funny....that made my wallet hurt. I had to keep reassuring it that I wasn't going to do anything like that over a helicopter. I had it fooled into thinking that 50cc plane I'm saving for is going to be under $300.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:01 PM
lousyflyer

I was in a hobby shop just looking around when this gentleman asked my opinion on whether or not the box in his hands was a good helicopter to learn with. I replied "probably not - that's a Crash Kit to repair a helicopter".
Old 08-08-2009, 10:01 PM
victorzamora

Haha...that's a good one. I'm sure with the price tag of around $200 he was expecting it to be a full heli kit.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:33 PM
qwertypemdas
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Isaiah 40:31

I was 12 or 13 years old when I bought my first DuraPlane (Foam wing, PVC forward fuselage, aluminum U channel going to the tail). I went into a hobby shop that sold everything from R/C to needle-point (and everything in between). The guy told me to use fibreglass cloth and dope on the wing for reinforcement. Well, guess what? Dope eats foam. Totally ate into, and warped the wing (wing was arched from root to tip like a seagull). Ended up buying a new wing. Not a nice thing for a kid delivering newspapers to have to do for his with his hard earned money.
I'm 13 and I know how you feel. I too learned the hard way that you need to test it yourself to make sure it works. lolz
Old 09-06-2009, 05:11 AM
tommygun32

I visited a (big chain) LHS while on a trip home to San Diego recently. I was looking for a pair of Hitec HS-7955TG Ultra Torque Titanium Gear Digital Servo for my buggy. A pair of these things don't go for cheap (about $120 each off the net). There was one in the display case and so I said do you have another one?

Guy goes to the till and checks the computer stock. comes back to me and says..."yah, we do....at least the computer says we have 2 in stock'.

I say, great, I'll take them both please.

After looking for about 5 minutes, he shouts out to the girl also behind the counter, 'hey, do you know where the other Hitec servo is? You know, the real expensive top of the line one?'

Without missing a beat she shouts back, 'No!! But I'll bet ya that druggy S@@@-head, dope dealing B@@@@@d Steve stole it...and that's probably why he's not coming to work anymore.'

The guy helping me just sheepishly looks at me and says, 'well, I don't seem to be able to find the other piece, can I get you a different kind?'

If I were the boss/manager/owner of that store....that girl would have been out on her A@@
Old 09-07-2009, 08:43 AM
lousyflyer

Sounds to me like you WERE hearing the boss/manager/owner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.