Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Bad Hair Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:45 PM
aa2dd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Hair Day

hello guys.

Just wondering .... what is the most crashes you have seen in one days' flying?
yesterday at the field, there were 7 of us flying. started at 8 AM, and by 11:00 AM 5 had crashed!? Huhhhh!! is that some sort of record or what. was a great flying day. cool, but pretty calm. there must have been something in the air causing bad thumb twitching?? have any of you ever had dumb thumbs go through most of the group on one day? Swamp gasses or something causing vision problems??

Bruce

Frostproof, Fl
Old 02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
n0kjf

Default RE: Bad Hair Day

I'll go a little better, 4 crashes in 15 minutes... SAME "pilot"....

Lew
Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 PM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Time to take up golf.[>:]
Old 02-02-2008, 12:31 AM
JPGale

5 in a day, you need to talk to the pylon guys, we had at one event last year 14 in one day.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Dr1Driver

Karma.

Dr.1
Old 02-02-2008, 10:53 PM
aa2dd

WOW ..... I am in awe! 4 in 15 minutes!! get this..... on the day everyone was going nutz, one of the guys was flying a Zenoa powered Spacewalker. He was perhaps at 100 foot altitude, turned left and the plane sort of snapped, rolled over and started spinning straight down, nose first, into the citrus grove, and out of sight! Silence except for the A...S... moans!!!!!!! When we found the plane, it was setting level, in the top of an orange tree, and the only damage was a busted prop! I would have bet hard cash that the entire unit was destroyed including the G-23!! Talk about luck.

Bruce
Frostproof,Fl.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:32 PM
gunship148

ORIGINAL: aa2dd

WOW ..... I am in awe! 4 in 15 minutes!! get this..... on the day everyone was going nutz, one of the guys was flying a Zenoa powered Spacewalker. He was perhaps at 100 foot altitude, turned left and the plane sort of snapped, rolled over and started spinning straight down, nose first, into the citrus grove, and out of sight! Silence except for the A...S... moans!!!!!!! When we found the plane, it was setting level, in the top of an orange tree, and the only damage was a busted prop! I would have bet hard cash that the entire unit was destroyed including the G-23!! Talk about luck.

Bruce
Frostproof,Fl.
I think I might have got this one beat mabye

At the club I fly a guy had a nice decathlon or Citabria I cant remember but it was gas powered Kit built scal,e gauges, pilot and everything. So he was flying it and his radio glitched or died and lost the signal of the plane and it was perfectly trimmed and just kept flying straight. This guy was ticked and after everyone went home 1 of the club members drove by this gardening place that has the tarp like stuff put over the planes and saw a plane. He went and go it everything was fine and it was about 5 +/- miles to there from the flying field.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

Wow, looks like I got some catching up to do. My personal record is only 2 in the same day. My best "clean getaway" was when My Balsa USA Northstar ended up flying before it really had enough airspeed. Nose bounced during takeoff roll and it was flying nose high right towards a tree at the end of the field. Luckily the ground drops after the end of our runway so the base of the tree was about 30 feet below the runway but there was still about 15' of it sticking up. So my plane goes mushing along,slowly gaing airspeed and height when SLAP! It skips off the top branches of the tree and keeps flying. I immediately bring it around and land it, expecting at the least to have to take it home and re-cover the bottom. When I flipped it up there wasn't a scratch on it. I was giving serious thought to making that tree come up missing during the night, but it wasn't too long after that that we requested permission to cut down the entire grove. These were "weed" trees that had grown up and were not needed there. Apparently I wasn't the only one the plane eating tree had accosted.

Edited for typos [&:]
Old 04-21-2008, 10:09 PM
victorzamora

Most wrecks I've seen in a day: 1 gas (Zenoah G26), 6 glow, 4 Aerobird Extremes, a Parkzone Cub, a little foam Cessna, and 2 FlatOuts....so 15. It was actually only 2 Aerobirds but they both had replacement fuses that were subsequently "altered' in nose-first landings. One of the second-time-around Aerobird crashes was so hard the motor was bent! I've crashed twice in one day....one a total loss, the other just minor damage.
The best close-call I've ever seen was a guy flying a trainer-like plane...maybe a Rascal or a Telemaster, etc...but he kept complaining about having too much left rudder and that he trimmed it as far over as it would go to the right, but it persisted. He did a high-pass over the runway on like his 3rd lap, when one of our club veterans screamed "you're going out of range!" Sure enough, he did. The man flying the plane let us all know that he had in fact run his plane out of range and that there wasn't a thing he could do. His plane disappeared over the vegetation. Yep, you guessed it. About 15 minutes later we heard a faint buzzing noise. We saw his little trainer putting along right back into range. He grabbed his Tx, walked to the flightline, and calmly requested permission to land. He took one lap to lower his plane and bleed off speed when his engine shut off over plane-eating territory, and no one thought he was going to make it. His plane floated for forever and touched down at the top of the runway...missing the top of the bushes by inches. His plane calmly rolled to a halt not but 4ft infront of him. He proceded to pick it up, and walk it back toward the pits. His reaction? I always loved that plane...it's good to know it loves me back.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:43 PM
mountainroad
My Feedback: (18)

'bout two years ago I built a glider and put a powerpod above the wing. I had a buddy throw it for me, As he threw it he it the power switch off and it sailed away,gaining altitude. We let it go and proceeded to get our gear packed so we could go track it down, as we got in the car we heard another pilot yelling at us and the others laughing. as we jumped out of the car the glider flew over our heads, missing my buddy's head by 6 inches or so and proceded to land perfecly in the tall grass to the sid of the runway. After a good laugh, we fueled it up and went back to flying! still a good laugh at the field1