Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Muffler bearings problem, please help!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Muffler bearings problem, please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:58 AM
Isaiah 40:31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muffler bearings problem, please help!!!

ORIGINAL: Bass1
No one even thought about the harm an "out of line"muffler bearing" could do to the main Kinipty Pin!

That's because you need a Retroencabulator with a base plate of prefamulated ammunite onto which is mounted a maleable logarithmic casing housing the panametric fam; this of course consisting of six hydrocopic marzle-vanes so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side-fumbling is thereby prevented. But only if you further incorporate lotus-o-deltoid windings placed in the panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, so situated that every 7th winding is connected by a non-reversible tremmupipe to the differential girdle-spring on the up end of the grammeters. You will find that this will effectively reduce sinusoidal de-plenaration.

(stolen from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD1LHejil6M you gotta see it, it's hilarious!)
Old 03-14-2008, 10:36 AM
perdo
My Feedback: (61)

Y'all got it all wrong, the only way to keep the muffler bearings in good shape is to make sure that the exhaust jets are properly tuned, that way they won't overheat or cause a flash fire of the brake fluid[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Don//
Old 03-14-2008, 01:43 PM
125cchyperman

Well yeah haveing the brake fluid catch fire deffinately suck's. But for me it's the power steering fluid that I'm having a problem with, I think a new power sterring pump is needed. Which is goona suck cause there really hards to find parts for

But Isaiah you way over complicating thing's. Somtimes a rubberband will do just fine, and if the rubberband doesnt work then duct tape. As you know duct tape is end all be all of everything.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:29 AM
pub

This is a repair that will work.the problem with the bearing is that it will not release under pressure because of carbon build up,repair by removing the bearing(be careful not to loose it) grind flat spots 180 degs. and drill a .060 hole ,install with the hole facing the muffler spring.as a safety have the radio turned off,only while you drill the hole,because the radio waves can plug up the hole.The price of a radio wave drill is out of sight today,most bearing repair shops don't like to fix someone else work that is screwed up. pub
Old 03-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 65 Beetle has a Knewtin Valve in heater core, it keeps the refrost cycle in geosyncronos reverberation.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi-Lift

A lot of people have this bearing problem and don't use enough relative bearing grease. The Navy has used it for years. Be sure to determine if your bearings are metric, as they would require metric rather than SAE grease...
Old 03-16-2008, 10:22 PM
125cchyperman

Pub. Are you sure that your not thinking about the microwave. I've heard that if you have the microwave on while drilling the holes it will plug the hole up. And the substance that has plugged up the hole is almost impentrable. Infact I have heard that scientist's have yet to really identify this substance. But maybe they both do it, now isnt that scary.

But yes HI-lift that has been a problem for me in the past, would have metric grease but no standard grease laying around. Would use metric grease on standard and wow, would totally trash the muffler bearing's. I went to a sealed ceramic bearing now, but since it's sealed I cant for the life of mefigure out how I'm supposed to grease this thing. Has me jumping head over heals trying to figure out how to do this. [X(]

Does anybody have a answer.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to a sealed ceramic bearing now, but since it's sealed I cant for the life of mefigure out how I'm supposed to grease this thing. Has me jumping head over heals trying to figure out how to do this.

Does anybody have a answer.
Osmosis, of course!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:13 AM
Wild Foamy

ok, to chang the muffler bearing: disconnect the thingamy that goes between the wheel and the wotsit

then simply work it out with a pencil (constipated mathematician technique)
Old 03-17-2008, 06:34 AM
pub

125cc, you are most likely right about the microwaves ( if this is done in the house) .The secret to drilling is that it is done behind a mirror,and use fumunda lube when installing the bearing,spend a couple bucks and get a left hand reversing spring. pub
Old 03-17-2008, 11:53 AM
125cchyperman

Yeah but I heard that, the fumunda lube is kinda sticky, actually really stinky depending on what brand and who you get it form. And that it's almost impossible to wash of the hand's. But now the valves in the 2 stroke are shot, and need a set of valves for them if I ever want to run it again[:@]. man this hobby is awesome, but trying to find valves for a 2 stroke at this time of year is really hard.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:33 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Kind of like 10 yards of water line or a gallon of prop wash..
Old 03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
f4you
My Feedback: (7)

I was just a little guy when I had my sinusoidals de-plenarized. But that has nothing to do with muffler bearings-----
(Isaiah 40:31---that clip truly made my day--thanks!)
Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 AM
mustangman177

I'm a Driver Ed. teacher, I had a group of 3 drivers-2 girls and 1 boy, and as a joke on April 1st, I told the girl driving there was an odd noise coming from the back of the vehicle and instructed her to pull over.

On doing so, I then told her (and the other girl) to go to the back of the vehicle and look up the tail pipe and inspect the muffler bearings. (The boy knew what I was up to). What a Hoot that was !!! Imagine the look on drivers passing us on the road when these girls were doing this !! I then told them it was a joke and "Aprils fools".

They got me back a few days later......

Cary
Old 03-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Isaiah 40:31

Glad to do so, f4you.

So, Cary, what did they do to get back at you?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:02 AM
mustangman177

We keep the car in a separate garage, and they told me we had a flat tire and couldn't drive that day. Upon going out to the garage to inspect the car, there was no problem.

They were "reaching" to try to get back at me with this lame joke !!!

This was probably 15-20 years ago. Looking back at it now, I wouldn't do this because someone's parent would call the school saying "I was endangering their son/daughters life by having them stand beside the car along side the road looking up the tail pipe at the muffler bearings !!" (We were in a safe and secure place for such a joke). I would only do this with students I knew would take it as a joke and not being vindictive.

Or they would say "You were making fun of my son/daughter by asking them to do such a thing" and I would be repremanded.

You just can't have the honest fun-report with students like you use too. Too many people out there trying to find ways to "Sue" the school system for inappropriate behavior or the like.

It takes the fun out of teaching. But here I sit at the computer during my free period-using the schools computer and time to type this reply. Go figure

Annomyous
Old 03-19-2008, 09:23 PM
pub

It had taken you 45min for that reply??????????? pub
Old 03-20-2008, 08:06 AM
mustangman177

about 5 min.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:16 PM
NitroWoman

I've found that you can restore damaged or worn muffler bearings (ceramic, metal, or plastic) by soaking them overnight in Dihydrogenmonoxide. Be sure to use extreme caution because it is a very dangerous substance that can kill you in less than a minute.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:17 PM
shleprock

You want to keep those mufflet bearings clean with propwash and lubed well with a can of Liquid Air. That will put some zing back into that .40. Make sure you have at least 2 high performance decals on the plane. Those alone are worth 10 mph.If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:17 PM
misterfu02

lol haha. nice
Old 03-22-2008, 10:33 PM
fasterjman
My Feedback: (11)

If you are into pylon racing...try putting a couple of 48 decals on your plane...Jimmie Johnson did and look at him, 2 consecutive Nextel Cup Championships...lol, had to post that as I work for Lowe's. Jeff
Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Hordsak

I'm having some problems with my canuter valve. Why isn't it working right? My blinker fluid is full too.. so it can't be that.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
jeffpits

I found muffler bearings at Performance Specialties but this looks for real - even priced at $18.

Jeff

http://www.pspec.com/details.asp?ProdID=77&category=7
Old 04-22-2008, 08:53 AM
victorzamora

It even lets you add them to your cart!! I just might ask my LHS guy for muffler bearings or a gallon of propwash next time I see him!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.