Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

"Landed on Steeple"

Old 11-18-2008, 04:35 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Landed on Steeple"

Wish there had been a camera available. I started an Rc plane ministry at my church several months ago. Started out teaching kids with Super Cubs in the parking lot between morning and evening services. About the second or third month after starting, one of the first kids to do well had taken off and, flying on his own, was approaching the steeple of the church before making a turn to fly out over the soy bean field next door. (which was upwind). Our steeple has a cross at the top about 2 feet wide and is about 30 feet above the roof (50 feet off the ground). He says he doesn't know what happened, but he either had a brain lapse or turned the crash control back on and stalled the plane right over the cross. It hung the landing gear over the right side of the cross just like hanging a coat hanger on a rack! Fortunately it still had a fresh battery, took me about 10 minutes working the throttle on and off to wiggle it off the cross. Of course, half the congregation drove by and saw it before I could get it down, still getting ribbed about that one !
Old 01-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Woogaus

Default RE: "Landed on Steeple"

We joked at my old airfield about hiring somebody just to video flights, the funniest things always seem to happen when nobody has a camera.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:48 AM
mountainroad
My Feedback: (18)

just another conformation to me that god fly's r/c.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:27 PM
zjwhitrock

ORIGINAL: Woogaus

We joked at my old airfield about hiring somebody just to video flights, the funniest things always seem to happen when nobody has a camera.
brushless slash+20ft table top Vs brand spanken new slow flying fomey[8D][X(]
Old 02-13-2009, 09:49 PM
TCrafty

Hugger,

Glad to hear that you've got some kids interested. We've taken a few out on a couple of saturdays to the field. We have a nice big auditorium that I keep thinking we should take over sometime and have an indoor fly-in. I've been thinking about what small flying things we could get the kids (read inexpensive) so that we could get more kids involved. Good on you for taking the initiative.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:42 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Havent checked this forum in a while, Thanks for the encouragement. I have a couple Slo-V's that I fly indoors, picked them up on e-bay for about $50 each. Stock they're a little under powered, but with a 1200 mah 3cell lipo they perform pretty well. The stock Vapor or the Ember would be easier to handle inside, but they're still pretty high cost in comparison.