Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Lost in Translation

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Bigshark

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lost in Translation

Given that a great deal, if not most, of our gear comes from China or the far east, instruction manuals often can be very interesting reading. Also I was just looking at the front page of RCU and noticed a beautiful Christen Eagle produced by the Dong Hang Model Company......

Old 01-12-2009, 11:38 PM
flyathome
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lost in Translation

I am too smart to even think about responding to that line!!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Bigshark

Given that a great deal, if not most, of our gear comes from China or the far east, instruction manuals often can be very interesting reading. Also I was just looking at the front page of RCU and noticed a beautiful Christen Eagle produced by the Dong Hang Model Company...

Speaking of lost in translation, remember the chinese fighter pilot who clipped the nose of that Orion P3 recon plane years back? That pilot's name was Wong Way! (I'm not making this up)
Old 01-18-2009, 09:53 PM
ChillPhatCat

Out of the manual for my Art-Tech Cap 232: "Keep model away from flame as it may be subject to transfiguration."
Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM
lousyflyer

This comes from a german EDF gulfstream IV manual"Flying: So now you have run out of excuses it's time to fly. Start the airplane with a strong vim by hand.(a second person as starter would be very good)." -Lousyflyer-
Old 01-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

There's a whole website devoted to this sort of thin: www.engrish.com

In my Slow Stick manual it's got a tx diagram with evelattor, dudder, trottle, and aileron clearly marked to help me find my way around my own equipment...

My DF#4 manual says something about "Slowly move the right stick forward. By doing this you can make the helicopter 'walk'"

My favorites, though, are the names on the parts list in my Hydrofoam knockoff manual. Below are some of the written words and the supposed translations:

Elevator Gadget: Control horn
Electricity adjustor: ESC
Non-brush electromotor: Brushless motor
High-octane batteries: 3S lipo
Electromotor pole: Motor mount
Receirer: Receiver
Airfoil stator: little plastic things that reinforce the stabs
Hand sender: Transmitter
Durable board: Plastic sponson reinforcer
Foam part: Main fuse
Hollow strong rod: CF strengthener

There are more; these are the ones I know off the top of my head. I seen to recall that that same manual states that "...if wind's speeds are below 180kmh then you can try to fly..." Well, I HOPE no one's honestly trying to fly in 115mph winds[X(]

Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

Oh, also try www.tashian.com/multibabel
Old 01-23-2009, 08:23 AM
RappyPilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Kyosho Calmato Sports Manual refers to a glow driver as a "Spark Booster"
Old 01-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Bigshark

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hilarious stuff!

I'll have to get my Slow stick and E Starter manuals back out. There was also an Chinese made sailplane called an OMEI that had and almost incomprehensible manual I'll have to look for.....
Old 01-31-2009, 04:41 AM
cowana

I have just got a new soldering station / soldering iron. The instructions have obviously been translated from Chinese. It is good, but when I use it, I always make sure I follow the instructions:

-This weld machine is an ideal welding tool for an amateur fancier, school, car of electronics, and for maintaining service, producing with labratory.

-Outer shell construction is tightly and firmly packed, and it has good function to instulate the aegis.

-The welding machine is absolutly prohibited to be used to heat the liquid(water,electrolyte and ?) or heat the plastic parts (it will form poisonous air and cause fires).

-After welding, please melt a little solder on the welding mouth before putting the iron back to the frame and turning off the machine. Clean away excrescent solder on the fiery mouth with wet sponge before starting welding next time.

-Please conserve the weld machine's packing box. In cause that we use it for future transportation or put the weld machine into it when we don't need it ,so as to avoid pollution of ash and the eroding of the wet.
1) Put the metal helix of screw frame into the corresponding open crust of the electric soldering irons frame. And use the screw to fasten it and so does the bottom of the frame.
2) Please let the sponge for tidying up glue absorb enough clean water and drop to dry, and then put it on salver.

-The welding of electric components costs not more than two minutes.

-The electric soldering irons and the weld machine can not carry too much man's weight.

-the temperature of the electric soldering irons can reach more than 160*C, if the animal or man touch the heated by the electric soldering irons, we will suffer seriously bum.

-If you press the switch without move, regulating will go on by 10*C every grade til the demanded temperature is displayed.

-...the piezoelectricity sensor will give out sound of alarm.

Well, that's helpful! I'll try not to touch it when it is hot, or sit on it accidently! Any more funny translations?

(By the way, this a soldering iron, NOT a welding iron. However much the instructions say it can, it cannot weld.)

cowana
Old 01-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Springer
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: cowana

-the temperature of the electric soldering irons can reach more than 160*C, if the animal or man touch the heated by the electric soldering irons, we will suffer seriously bum.
cowana
[sm=lol.gif]

That was my favorite line.

I am also big fan of the site mentioned in an earlier post. [link=http://www.engrish.com]Engrish[/link]
Old 07-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Scubarc

ummm..... what?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:02 AM
3DSAVAGE

anyone remember the "concrete reinforced fiber plane" instructions?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:30 AM
tommygun32

This isn't quite instruction manual 'lost in translation'....but lost it definently was.

Picture taken in a parking lot of a shopping mall in Dubai. It's supposed to be based on the old bumper sticker "I'm not speeding, I'm flying too low"....but something got messed up a bit here...

Last word reads 'slowly'
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90830.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1251095  
Old 08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
qwertypemdas
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ChillPhatCat

Out of the manual for my Art-Tech Cap 232: ''Keep model away from flame as it may be subject to transfiguration.''
TRANSFIGURATION!!!!!!!111 LMAO
Old 11-13-2009, 04:45 PM
BamaFlyBoy

My CMP Ultimate instructions call for a .52 four strikes engine.