Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

Best RC'ers Wife comment...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

Best RC'ers Wife comment...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best RC'ers Wife comment...

ORIGINAL: Wild Child

Just remember guys.... EVERYTHING IS $50.00. It works for me
ha ha.. yes, that's my favourite... with almost daily brown boxes arriving from ebay, hobbyking and nitroplanes... my answer is..

"Oh babe, I ordered that SIX WEEKSago and it ONLY cost me $5 - If I bought it in a shop it would have cost $40)

Works every time.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:58 AM
glenladen

G'day Rob,I tell my missus that it's been on back order for the last 12 months or I put in an obvious place so that she gets use to seeing it that when i finally get around to building it she doesn't worry about it.
Or I tell her I purcahsed it prior to her arriving in oz and have been storing it in the cupboard,I also have got her to come out flying just to see me deck it.
she'll then tell me I'll have to replace it which i do and then repair the damaged one.

glenn.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Buz

Ha!! Funny stuff! My wife caught me trying sneak a 450 into my shop. She asked why I thought I had to sneak things in. "So you won't kill me in my sleep for ordering all this stuff!" She said she never felt that she had to buy something and sneak it into the house. Couple of days later I walked into our vanity area and wifey was trying on a NEW pair of jeans. I said, "Oh, new jeans?" "Oh, no... I've had these for a long time." "You mean you've been wearing those around with all the tags and stickers still attached to the back?" She turned around to look at the backside... and there was nothing left to do but explode into laughter. I finally caught her!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:55 AM
MStromqvist

I have my RC den on the second floor. Large, and I don´t know what I´ve done so right that my wife doesn´t insist on redecorating it to a "relaxroom" or "readingroom" or something like that. I can keep it for myself and it is perfect.

She normally let me have "my time" there and seldom bothers me. Over the years the planes gone bigger and bigger and she normally sees them as toys, and I keep insisting on that it is a serious hightech hobby and we are all testpilots/ fighterpilots .... And to some extent I have succedeed. Showing her engines and electronics..

Once, maybee 2 years ago, she snuck up the stairs, didn´t hear her comming up from behind with my radio on.
And only once, I have painted a dummypilot. And this was the time. A gay looking TWM pilot 1/8 scale, which I decided to add a beard to. Sitting there with the smallest brush, some black paint, and the little gay looking pilot in my huge hand. The ultimate degrading comment was said...."- So now you are playing with dolls too?!!?!" Was her rude comment filled with humor. I nearly fell off the chair since I was very surprised and I actually couldn´t figure out anything clever to say.

But that comment lives on....Haunts me....Any time I bring up the high tech argument or that we all are actually pilots...She mumbles..."And you play with dolls too...."

I love her.

My 5 cents
Old 05-10-2011, 04:17 AM
jbdismukes
My Feedback: (2)

At least it wasn't a Barbie doll.