RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Humor (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/)
-   -   The most annoying sayings (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/2247730-most-annoying-sayings.html)

victorzamora 11-12-2009 11:12 PM

RE: The most annoying sayings

Ouch...I'm sorry.

dakotanut 11-13-2009 08:33 PM

I'm not going to go into specifics. I haven't been here in awhile cause of it. I'm trying to make things better. I hope they do. Sorry. I shouldn't have said anything.

skyrip69 11-14-2009 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Has anyone else noticed how all the ones annoyed by ''can I have a go'' are from the UK? I have never been asked that and it seems none of my fellow countrymen have been reporting that one. I guess those Brits are just cheekier than us.

Classic! Rednecks know better! except the annoying new kids at our field,,their dad hasn't taught them not to ask everyone on the line to fly their planes,,,they even asked a guy flying a 50cc yak,,and he let them,,,,that is like feeding a stray dog,,and now I look like a dick for not letting them fly mine...

dakotanut 11-17-2009 02:57 PM

No you don't. It is your choice to do that. No one can fault you for that. Give yourself a break. I wouldn't. I let my kids but that is Alright with me. I can't get angry at them. I don't think other kids parents would appreciate having to pay for something their kids broke. If you know what I mean? So I think it is best to say "NO!" than to have an instigation.

matthew__ruane 11-20-2009 04:58 PM

"IS THAT FROM TOY STORY!?"

I was [:@]:([:-][:'(][X(][:@]:([:'(] to put it simply.

matthew__ruane 11-20-2009 05:06 PM

Here's another conversation I had while doing speed passes up and down my street.

Dude- "Wow that's fast, how fast is it going"?
Me-"Somewhere between 30-35"
Dude-"I have one that goes faster, wanna race?"
Me-"Yeah"
Dude-"Um well um yeah well um"

I'm sure that conversation has been repeated hundreds of thousands of times everywhere rcs are run. :D

dakotanut 11-20-2009 08:54 PM

Oh yeah! I get it all the time.

pumpanickl007 11-21-2009 12:27 PM

I am 14, and yes i get these anoying sayings too. Surprisingly, i was driving my brushless rc18 (1/18 scale car) and a man came up to me and asked me "is it gas"? [sm=confused.gif] Older people can be just as dumb as kids!

pumpanickl007 11-21-2009 12:37 PM

I get this one from kids my age and it bugs me. "If its not gas its not fast/cool ".[sm=tired.gif]

I was drving my car up and down the street one day and a lady with a small kid come up to me and ask:
woman: " Where can i get one and for how much. Its gonna my sons birthday"
me: when i said mine was $350 used (i got a hellfre off ebay) they said "NO THANKYOU" ! *** im not a store employe![sm=pirate.gif]

Zeta30 11-22-2009 09:59 PM

This just happened today after I was done flying my TRex 250 at the park...

The Mom: That looks like it's a lot of fun, I might get one for my son for Christmas, how much did it cost?
Me: Well the helicopter cost about $400, then I spent another $300 on the transmitter and another $100 on the batteries.
The Mom: It doesn't look like it should be that expensive it's just a small toy.
Me: The prices I mentioned didn't include the thousands of dollars spent for repairs after crashing when I was just learning.
The Mom: I'm sure I can find one for about $50 at Toys R Us.
Me: If you can please let me know, I'll buy all of them.
The Mom: walks away....

pumpanickl007 11-28-2009 11:11 PM

nice... I want one to!

Wizzard033 12-01-2009 06:29 PM

From a girl friend or spose "Why would you do that or spend that much money on a toy?" [:@] WELL, WHY WOULD YOU SPEND MONEY GLUEING PLASTIC ON THE END OF YOUR FINGERS OR BUYING 30 PAIRS OF SHOES?! :eek:

I'm fortunate to have a wife who thinks my love of aviation and "gadgetry" is awsome. :D

pumpanickl007 12-02-2009 12:23 AM

Gee, im too young to be spending this much money on this hobby![sm=rolleyes.gif]

VincenzoSabatini 12-02-2009 07:59 PM

I love the "Your an idiot. You waste all your money on stupid toys. Grow up already" comments.

Deathtrap 12-15-2009 10:15 PM

Did you bring a sack?

Bundubasher 12-16-2009 01:20 AM

I was filling up at a petrol station some time ago and had a 0.6 glo engine Fly Baby Bipe in the back. The petrol attendant saw the plane and asked "does this plane fly?"

I said "yes"

He asked "how do you fly it"

I said "I got a trained hamster that I put in the cockpit to fly it"

He looked at the (open cockpit) plane, scratch his head and said "it is not possible"

I said "Why is it not possible?"

He said " the hamster will fall out..." (he was not questioning whether the hamster can fly it or not....)

Justin Lloyd 12-16-2009 01:50 AM

Someone likes criticizing people, especially us younger ones.:eek:

Justin Lloyd 12-16-2009 02:12 AM

I have to agree with Cody-rcu, People always say that young people like myself are naturalists at it because they play video games, ( I'm 14 ) but its not a true statement. I hardly ever play video games and when I do, I'm not good at it, because the controls are so different. I have to work at flying and never had any advantage.

Switch_639 12-16-2009 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Bundubasher

I was filling up at a petrol station some time ago and had a 0.6 glo engine Fly Baby Bipe in the back. The petrol attendant saw the plane and asked ''does this plane fly?''

I said ''yes''

He asked ''how do you fly it''

I said ''I got a trained hamster that I put in the cockpit to fly it''

He looked at the (open cockpit) plane, scratch his head and said ''it is not possible''

I said ''Why is it not possible?''

He said '' the hamster will fall out...'' (he was not questioning whether the hamster can fly it or not....)
seeing that you are from South-Africa... that must be true!

Justin Lloyd 12-20-2009 04:31 PM

Whenever I get a new plane, I'm always asked: "What if you crash?" that gets kind of annoying.:eek:

rambler53 12-22-2009 02:49 PM

Is that a real engine on that plane? I've seen these at Harbor Freight for $29.99 but they're yellow. (I'm carrying a .60 size Super Skybolt.)

pumpanickl007 12-24-2009 02:19 AM

i was flying my parkzone mico mustang, when a kid came up to me and asked me how much it costs. when i answered $130 he said i got riped off because he has a airhogs bigger than mine that he payed $40. people just dont understand.

also, many people have told me about my mustang why pay so much for a toy. JUST BECAUSE ITS SMALL DOESNT MEAN ITS A TOY !!!

[sm=punching.gif]

10x8 12-24-2009 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: WackoWasko

What is the most annoying thing non-RCers say when you are driving, flying or working on you model?
It was the law! They shook their heads after pulling me over.[:@] Gasping and absolutely no idea of my vehicle, they called me a 'clown' & 'walk it home'.
No silly standard electric hub 200W legal conversion bike here son, we did dual 5 inch fan, KB45's, each on 6s!

DeferredDefect 12-26-2009 02:31 PM

I CAN'T STAND when someone (normally an 8 year old child) asks where to buy a model airplane - especially if it's a 300 warbird from a kit.

OR

"Don't go out of range!"

'Does it fly?" No - I just spent 4 months building the darn Cub, installing an engine, radio. etc, so I can hang it on a wall - which is exactly why I'm filling it full of glow (STOP CALLING IT A GAS OR NITRO PLANE! If I ran my engine on pure nitro, it would explode!) and am sitting at a Radio Control (IT'S NOT "REMOTE" CONTROL!) club filled with other "non flying" models!

Rant is over!

Phew!

3DSAVAGE 12-26-2009 11:39 PM

Can I fly it?
No...
Can I fly it?
No...
Can I fly it?
No...
Can I fly it?
No...