RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Humor (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/)
-   -   RC Plane shot down by shotgun!!!??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-humor-177/4079193-rc-plane-shot-down-shotgun.html)

rchotrod 03-24-2006 10:56 PM

RC Plane shot down by shotgun!!!???

http://www.wwmt.com/engine.pl?statio...out_state.html

There must be more to this story somewhere. But it is kind of amusing. Maybe not if it was your plane.[:@]

See ya,
Rod

echobot 03-25-2006 08:01 AM

RE: RC Plane shot down by shotgun!!!???

Nuttle regrets his actions but he says the planes have been a nuisance. He says they scare his children, spook his chickens and cause his goats to faint from exhaustion.

This guy has problems.

snowbl!nd 03-25-2006 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: echobot

Nuttle regrets his actions but he says the planes have been a nuisance. He says they scare his children, spook his chickens and cause his goats to faint from exhaustion.

This guy has problems.

Hmm, i wonder which is more scary for the children - a small plane buzzing around outside or your dad running into the yard with a shotgun and firing inno the air?

echobot 03-25-2006 05:30 PM

I really liked the part about his goats faint from exhaustion. Does a goat know it is exhausted and should faint?

osxpro 03-25-2006 10:38 PM

"The goats were fainting from exaustion"
There's a joke in there but I'm not gonna say anything.... Hmmmm.... Is this guy married?

echobot 03-26-2006 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: osxpro

There's a joke in there but I'm not gonna say anything.... Hmmmm.... Is this guy married?
Maybe it should read "The SHEEP were fainting from exaustion"

Skygopher 03-26-2006 12:56 PM

This guy probably has a loose screw but these news articles are the type of thing that give this hobby a bad name and cause flying sight issues.

Live for today. Tomorrow might suck!!

Cryhavoc 03-26-2006 01:04 PM

I have to agree with osxpro. LOL

Darkbird 03-26-2006 08:45 PM

Crap, I hope this guy doesn't move 30 miles west. He's too close for comfort as it is. And unless the kid was dive-bombing the goat, that plane isn't the cause of its exaustion

pyrojarjar 03-29-2006 11:27 AM

Funny? This happened with me once. It was an old airplane that was pretty useless, and it was April 1st. My brother shot it down as I was coming in for landing with his .270 WSM. Yikes

RcTech_101 03-30-2006 06:29 PM

wow that guy has probs but, if he shot my plane down i would crash it on his ass lol.

Auslide 03-30-2006 06:45 PM

Wow... Some one has an Itchy Trigger finger..

Please, Shooting a Plane Down... Could he not do what most idiots do and Throw Stones at it..

Cryhavoc 03-30-2006 07:42 PM

I guess I'll have to carry my glock to the field to protect myself and my aircraft....LOL

snowbl!nd 03-31-2006 07:08 AM

Prevent trigger happy neighbours from ruining your day by mounting weapons to your aircraft - a paintball gun mounted to the fuselage with a servo activating the trigger should work.

...that is if it ever gets off the ground with the extra weight.

BaronSchwab 03-31-2006 01:28 PM

Just put more engine on it.

Ashtn88 03-31-2006 05:30 PM

get a cheap airsoft mini electic, that weighs a little less then a paintball gun, and then use the servo to hit the trigger

Darkbird 04-01-2006 10:48 AM

Better yet, buy two, dismantle and modify them (getting rid of all exess weight) and mount one under each wing. triggers on these are a simple electric switch. both guns could be wired to a central servo activated switch in the fuse.(with a plug to allow wing removal) You could probably enlarge the hoppers to hold about a thousand rounds each, giving extended firing capacity. Oops, think I'm giving this too much thought for my own good[>:]

TNTJake 04-01-2006 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: osxpro

t\Those were probely "Fainting goats" They walk along and all of the sudden; It faints.No joke, They just do that.

snowbl!nd 04-01-2006 05:33 PM

"Fainting goats"? - As in goats that just randomly faint? - do they have some form of narcolepsy?

How the hell did they not become extinct! You would have thought evolution would have chucked that bad apple way back! Picture this, a goat is just lounging around doing whatever goats do when suddenly a viscious predator jumps out of a nearby bush and makes a B-line for this small defenceless animal. Instinctively the goat takes off (not literally of course, it's not strapped to some type of rocket) and tries to outrun it's predator. Then fate steps in and plays it's cruel hand - in a split second the goat goes from 35mph (or whatever speed goats can manage) to 0mph. Tumbles along for a few seconds, totally oblivious that it's about to become a fast food. There you go - end of goat.

TNTJake 04-01-2006 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: snowbl!nd

"Fainting goats"? - As in goats that just randomly faint? - do they have some form of narcolepsy?

How the hell did they not become extinct! You would have thought evolution would have chucked that bad apple way back! Picture this, a goat is just lounging around doing whatever goats do when suddenly a viscious predator jumps out of a nearby bush and makes a B-line for this small defenceless animal. Instinctively the goat takes off (not literally of course, it's not strapped to some type of rocket) and tries to outrun it's predator. Then fate steps in and plays it's cruel hand - in a split second the goat goes from 35mph (or whatever speed goats can manage) to 0mph. Tumbles along for a few seconds, totally oblivious that it's about to become a fast food. There you go - end of goat.
Yep,
Thats how it would be if they were wild but, they are raised on farms, never lived in the wild. You see back in the 1800's some guy's goat in had a kid (a baby goat) and after a wile it grew up.One day the guy's son jumped out at the goat; it fell over, the boy thinking he had killed the goat ran over to it and discoverd it had just fainted.As the goat grew the guy and his family began to grow fond of the goat's fainting abilty and the guy not wanting the fainting abitly to die when the goat did serched all over the USA trying to find anthoner fainting goat, one day he did. He bought and brought and put it in the pin with his other goat.The rest is all history.;) So you see faiting.
goats are a freak of nature.But thanks to some guy the freak of nature now thrives on farms across america.