Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

THE MODERATORS ARE AWARE OF THE SITUATION RE NIGHTWALKER

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

THE MODERATORS ARE AWARE OF THE SITUATION RE NIGHTWALKER

Old 09-16-2010, 01:19 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: THE MODERATORS ARE AWARE OF THE SITUATION RE NIGHTWALKER

ORIGINAL: dragoonpvw

Funny stuff. Peaceful protest, I love it. this is one of my favourite threads for a while.
1/ nightwalker , displeased about about not being able to join in conversations immediately, uses his intelligence to quietly and humorously make his point. causes the moderators to do what they said they would. No big deal as long as he wasn't wild out flaming anyone or any other big no no. . Very entertaining.

2/ Falconwings thinks that the said peaceful use of your intelligence is reason for grounding by the FAA, now that is freaking sidesplitting. really way too intense.

3/ Johnny still posting 7 months after going into holding pattern,, BEAUTIFUL dude. I dont know what agency, natural or supernatural made that possible but keep on Johnny. Made me think about him and smile anyway.

good times guys, good times.
+1
Old 09-16-2010, 01:20 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what did B do to deserve moderated status? I must have missed that one.
Never saw anything from him that would warrant that.
True..that many of his posts were/are off-the-wall and unconventional, but I found them entertaining.
Would much rather have him around and posting in his usual fashion...than not.
Paul
Old 09-16-2010, 01:37 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A thing that i can´t understand is why RCU is doing this to Bryce, wich is a accomplished r/c jet flyer wich has tons of experience and has a wish to share his knowledge (in a colorful form, with hallowen customes and plastic dolls,I admit but anyone has the right to have his own style as long they bring useful information and good manners like he does)
Was he banned before these multiple post or after? Mr MODERATORS could you please enlighten us.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:12 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bryce has been banned more than once here on RCU, as well as being on moderated status. The moderators have to spent a lot of time cleaning up after him.

Last he was banned, about 8 months ago I think, he was banned for having multiple RCU log-in's used to either attack other members or used for self congratulatory postings. They deleted more than 6 of his other accounts then.

If you can't act as a grown up, then the moderators take action... I think that is fair enough.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:49 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see so many readers, yet no one echoed......................
Old 09-16-2010, 05:11 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh...what did you just say? I'm not getting it...

Beave [sm=confused.gif]
ORIGINAL: marquisvns

I see so many readers, yet no one echoed......................
Old 09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Gooseman240

Nightwalker or Nightwalker51?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:14 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to see Bryce back on here and posting in real time. He's always good for a chuckle in his posts.[8D]
Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

I'd like to see Bryce back on here and posting in real time. He's always good for a chuckle in his posts.[8D]
This was no chuckle, a serious conversation was taking place, and posts were just bizarre.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_86...tm.htm#8609988

Ron
Old 09-16-2010, 08:02 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: G4guy

This was no chuckle, a serious conversation was taking place, and posts were just bizarre.

Ron
Reading through the threads quite a few people completely understood what he was doing. Whats your point in bringing that up? I've seen a lot more crazy things on RCU than that.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

There are just way too many people on RCU who think they are a whole lot more important and smarter than they really are.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:24 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Does anyone else think it's kind of odd?? Sure Bryce has posted some weird stuff over the years, but is it really the right thing for a moderator to start a thread like this knowing that some folks are going to jump on the bashing band wagon? I thought RCU rules prohibited degrading another poster? Guess this foes not apply when a moderator does it.... Not cool!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: -JC-

If you can't act as a grown up, then the moderators take action... I think that is fair enough.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................... ." A Daniel has come to judgment"
Old 09-16-2010, 09:50 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)"

While Bryce's comments are many times, silly, flippant & perhaps not exactly germane to the topic discussed, I can't remember ever seeing a post from him that would fall in the categories noted in the policy. I can think of several members who quite frequently make comments that slip into the "insult" category and have yet to be disciplined. I think "the free flow of ideas" would definitely encompass Bryce's comments. So what's the problem? There are worse offenders that should be moderated before getting to Bryce's comments, IMO.

David S
Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Ron
Reading through the threads quite a few people completely understood what he was doing. Whats your point in bringing that up? I've seen a lot more crazy things on RCU than that.
What I thought was bizarre and a little strange, was that 2 men died, we watched them die on that video as that aircraft crashed upon landing. Maybe I missed something, but showing Foam Fed-Ex airplanes was just disrespectful.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 PM
FILE IFR

Ron
Well I can say I missed that thread, however B posted that 1.5 years ago.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: David Searles
I can think of several members who quite frequently make comments that slip into the ''insult'' category and have yet to be disciplined. I think ''the free flow of ideas'' would definitely encompass Bryce's comments.

David S
David

I agree with you especially when those that Bryce has been at loggerheads with in the past will post comments here knowing fully well he was on moderation status and could not post here to defend himself.

I've tried to stay away from Jet forum controversy but a torrent of indignation boils through my veins when I see such idiosyncrasy. Let bygones be bygones and move on.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W1Qpw8rSnE&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]
Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

I'd be very interested in exploring some cases in point:

"FAA grounds pilots for doing stupid sutff like this." Really? Any actionable cases you could share? (besides your dyslexia kickin in...)

"The FAA has grounded people for stuff that was, at first glance, LESS stupid than this." Again, such a statement surely has its basis in fact. Care to share examples?

While a few individuals in the FAA may have gotten away briefly with their abuse of power (of Bob Hoover, Howard Fried), justice caught up with them and those days are thankfully behind us. Part of the FAA's mission statement is for increased transparency in its operations.

Sounds like RCU could borrow from that page...

Just because someone's strange, offbeat, or not focused should not mean they need 'moderation'. Smacks of a '1984', Orwellian mentality.

I do enjoy some of the stuffed shirts here, lets me know there are some incredibly self-important *****es among the normal, humble folk.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Gooseman240

wow, just reading that forum bevar, I could not tell an adult from a teenager.

That forum was just bad.

In '09 all peeps must have been wound up like tops
Old 09-16-2010, 11:04 PM
FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: eddieC

I'd be very interested in exploring some cases in point:

''The FAA has grounded people for stuff that was, at first glance, LESS stupid than this.'' Again, such a statement surely has its basis in fact. Care to share examples?
Here's a case... I got my cert. yanked in '89 for doing something stupid. I was home on a Friday night and the forcast for later in the evening showed high winds, well I just ignored the forcast and didn't retract my umbrella at my patio lawn furniture... STUPID move!

The umbrella was found tipped over the next morning and my local FSDO heard about it... The FAA grounded me.

.... just kiddin' ya'all. I'm not dumping on you FalconWings, gotta have some humor in the thread here. [8D]
Old 09-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

There has got to be some logical explenation. Again, he is an ATP rated pilot, and a First Officer for a regional airline. FAA grounds pilots for doing stupid sutff like this. I doubt he would put his career at risk by doing this. Just makes no sense.
lol, you're really not serious are you? The FAA doesn't gound people for overposting on RCU. You're taking yourself and RCU a bit to seriously.
Are you for real?

A commerically rated pilot showing signs of mental unstability in public? Do you actually know what you are talking about Andy?
lol, playing with RCU is mental unstability?

Really???

If this were true, I can think of one ATP guy on here who's a rep for all the big guns but shows signs of mental instability on a regular basis on RCU (including threatening/intimidating fellow members offline) who'd surely be flying nothing but crates of rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong....
Old 09-17-2010, 07:28 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

If they ground all the whacked airline pilots then everyone will have to ride Trailways.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:39 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

hehehehehe...

i don't think ya really wana know just how wacked most bus drivers are.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess I was wrong. I retract. Based on what I'm reading here, from some folks who seem to be very knowleadgeable about Airline crew selection /qualification criterion, I guess anyone can fly a heavy jet with 200 passengers onboard. My mistake. You are correct FAA does not care about mental health of pilots and little details like that. And I'm sorry, I don't know the FAR reg # that covers this, there probably isn't one either.

For the record I was not accusing Bryce of anything, and if at all I always thought that his account had been hacked, until that was clarified a few posts later by the Mods and a few PM's. That's why I could not believe that he would do somehting like this, and that is my fault and thank you all for clarifying that.

Eddie C, you are a very classy guy. "Orwellian" , wow, that sounds like a GRE word. Stanford? Sorry for my typo there earlier Catedratico. English was the third and last language I learned, so yes I fat finger words every now and then. The keyboard on my Iphone doesn't help much either. Also, most of my English I learned from taking Mass Transfer and Kinematics Design courses taught by Eastern European proffessors. They could split an atom at 1mph but could not spell worth a Sh*&^!
Try spelling this one: errare umanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum.

David
Old 09-17-2010, 08:56 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Interesting reading in relation to the subject: I wonder what "FAA Decision ecompass". Pretty trivial isn't it?
I was so wrong.........you can even fly while on Prozac!!! Mix that with alcohol 12 hours before the flight and you can turn your cockpit into an Ibiza type rave!!

http://flightphysical.com/Exam-Guide...hiatric-47.htm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.