Kirk, the only other major issues , and they are not really that big is,
1st, if you are using the gear that came with the kit, it's a must, get the BVM upgrade gear springs. mine collapsed on the first time I wanted to do a run up at the airport, and it set me back a few weeks before first flight.
2nd, again, if you are using the gear that comes with it, the nose of the L-39 will sit a little to low. On my first flight, it took a long time to break ground. my sollution was to add a 1/4 square stock to the rails, this will lower the gear 1/4 inch and solved all my problems. you might have another sollution.
3rd. Turbine, I set my thrust tube in as far forward as possible, then I set the P-80 accordingly. I wished the pipe was 2 inches longer but......... and for the balance I installed all 3 batteries in the nose. I use 2- 2300 nimh 6.0 volt and 1- 3500 nimh 7.2 Venom brand battery for the ECU, and with this set up, I only had to add a little weigth to the front. Yors will come out tail heavy, they all do.
4th. I built most of the electronics and gear under the cocpits, but in the rear compartment, I installed all the important gear, such as, on/off switches, air fill valves, propane and kero fills, I/0 board. this would make it easy not having to pull the cockpits out every time I go to fly.....
in the pic you can see the turbine stuffed into the inlet, I nolonger have it there. as I mentioned, set the tail pipe so it just clears the tail, then set the turbine.
enjoy and hope this works................