Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Banana Hobby Warning

I took a chance and purchased an F18 EDF from Banana Hobby. Word to the wise... don't waste your money or time. The plane came with broken parts then had to argue with them to send new parts. Servos are absolute junk. Retracts broke multiple times. Wound up buying better parts from a reputable hobby shop in my area.

This company's customer service is about as good as Walmart....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Banana Hobby Warning

Banana Hobby is intensely disliked on almost every RC group out there. You should have done your homework before you gave your money to them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have to add my voice......Banana hobby is the worst I have dealt with....hopfully no one else will get ripped off.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think we have all had an expereince or two with not so scrupulous vendors at some point in time. The plane is actually not a bad flier but you have to plan on changing some parts to make it reliable. The real issue is the vendor as I now see is pretty general knowledge here....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

um, what did you expect from a company called Banana Hobby lol? Actually, I've seen their F22 Raptor. Its pretty nice although it was supposed to come with a TX and one of the fans didn't work. The thing actually flew on one fan.
    The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They have some nice looking planes... I am just glad I did not buy one of the higher end jets (3 - $400) that I think runs on a 6 cell....

Yeah you are right banana anything except suntan lotion (banana republic) is asking for trouble.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow..... I kinda thought Walmart was pretty good !!!! Buy something, take it home, use it, tear the hell out of it, and take it back and they give you a new one no questions asked.... Even without a reciept !!!!!!! My kinda place !!!!! ( Except the 400 pounders in spandex !!!!!! [X(] ).

Danno

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmm... I've got the bananahobby A 10, send over all the way to belgium, and it came in perfect condition... Maybe i got lucky, but i'm pleased. On top of that it fly's great...

Didier

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wish any Hobby Shop would have Walmart's costumer service. Here's my 300 hr P160SX, it came with bad bearings, please gimme the $3800 back!
    Buying Jet Legend? Read here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11372496/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Banana hobby is the worst online RC store ever! I mean, these guys have to WORK hard to have that bad of a rep. They screwed me over too. Apathy is too kind a word for these chumps.

Hyperdyne Labs
    Custom RC electronics

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, have not fear and do not dispair.....After being in the flight game for over ten years, and then watching Pete, cover his eyes and wearing those wool hats in the summer in Southern Cal. I along with two partners decided to open up our own web store for all the dedicated Top-Gunners, beginners and Flyboys. Yes, Banana Hobby have some nice looking items and they look good on Youtube. However, they offer poor service and have a poor rep throughout the industry. Our new company opens in mid July, and we are dedicated to one thing the Flyers, No Trucks, No Boats. No Heli's for now! Just Jets, Planes, Warbirds.....Period. We will offer the best accessories, transmitters and more important, you can call us any time. Our firm is National Flight RC. Our products are very much like what Banana Hobby offers, but much more. We will check our products before they are even shipped, we will inspect the servos, the landing gear, any cracks or chips. Heck we are flyers we like to be in the air not on the web seeking answers. Banana Hobby, go get peeled. when you order from us, we will talk to you and if you are not happy like the good old days, we will pay for return shipping and make it right to get you back in the air. We are located in Atlanta and New York, I web store will offer an array of jets, Planes, gliders and more from the best and top mannies. See you in July! Look for our web page soon, NATIONAL FLIGHT RC. For the true flyers.

Barri

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can you tell us your site id?

E.N.T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I too have been worked over by banana hobby. Got an A-10 from them, it arrived with no instructions, manuals, schematics or any othe help in putting this model together. Attempting to reach tech support or anyone else that can help is a joke, they simply don't reply, so here I am, high and dry, with no help and out $800. I wonder if this thing is ever going to fly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This actual plane does not come from Banana hobby but is the exact same one they announce as a 130mph+ super high speed plane lol. This is the maiden flight by the way. http://www.bananahobby.com/1857.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoa5kO31xM0[/youtube]
    /Henke
    www.youtube.com/henke2
    Ready2fly Yak-130 "Mitten", Lambert Kolibri T35 - Пенопласт летчик-истребитель

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Excellent flying, especially for a maiden!

The smoke was awesome too.......
    RCU Rocks, I\'\'d hate to be without it !!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with everyone,  I bought a kit and several of the pieces were broke and they claim that they would send me new pieces,  that was over 3 months ago still no pieces.  I bouth the $400 kit.

Live and learn, i will never buy from them again.
    Wap
    FEJ F14, Mig 29 & F15; Tam F16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got the mig 29 and had no issues i flew mine but wasnt happy with the power so I sold it.
    Contest Director AMA # 8394

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Down here we believe that you get your money's worth with either Banana Hobby or Nitro Planes...we've had lots of fun with these foamies (A-10, Mig 15 and F-86...continue ordering). Just an advice always order some spare fans (just the $4 fans), they tend to break eventually, but otherwise itΒ΄s fun to fly them at the end of the day when you're picking things up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you pop over to RCG and look in the foamie EDF forum you will see a large collection of similar threads complaining about them. It has made 100% sure that I will never buy from them. the ratio of happy customers to disgruntled ones is WAY to high for my taste.

But you guys realise that they don't actually manufacture any models right? They just rebadge everything, so all the models they sell are available from any number of other vendors with far better reputations.

Thanks

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought one of the F18s. Still waiting on a part so I can fly it because the nose gear motor was bad. Been waiting over 4 weeks.

On another note, I bought their Rare Bear 90 mph Bearcat. That thing is awsome. Its one of the best flying foamies I have. It gets over 10 mins per flight. I love it.

Andy
    The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This company's customer service is about as good as Walmart....
    Well, at least the people are more 'interesting' at Wallmart! - John.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For those that haven't seen it the "people of walmart" is hilarious,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've tried two products from Banana Hobby: The Gee Bee and Giant Yellow Super Cub. Both are constructed of the very worst foam that I have ever seen. In addition many of the other parts like critical landing gear are made out of very brittle plastic. We all know that RC Airplanes from time to time come in for a hard landing or worse. Unlike other quality products such as Parkzone and Great Planes these airplanes disintegrate very easily. In addition Banana Hobby buys from manufactures in China with very poor quality control. Both of my purchases suffered from these issues. The airplanes were not balanced well and neither flew good enough to be considered anything but JUNK. Boy they looked great and the prices were unbelievable. Pete from Banana Hobby is no doubt about the only one I know of who can fly these things so hats off to his RC flying skills! I have been in business myself and would I be ashamed selling complete CRAP like Banana Hobby does. Stay away from them!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Walmart rules. Where else can you get a box of .45JHP's, carbon fiber arrow shafts, groceries for dinner, oil and filter for your car, can of spray paint, and a flat screen TV all under one roof?

Marty
    Marty

BOialsos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: afterburner

Walmart rules. Where else can you get a box of .45JHP's, carbon fiber arrow shafts, groceries for dinner, oil and filter for your car, can of spray paint, and a flat screen TV all under one roof?

Marty

You rock dude !!!!!!![8D]

Danno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast