Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 116 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4291

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Tumbler, I'll try and help but my Futaba set is old school so some of the names of functions might have changed.

I'm not sure if you have installed the servo yourself but the travel of the spool on the valve is quite small (the version for spring air gear is even worse!) so you might need to use one of the inner servo arm holes to allow you to use sensible ATV values. Set up the servo in the centre position with the spool on the valve somewhere near the middle.

Go to your gear channel and set the ATV so that you get full movement of the spool in both directions. Once youve done that, you can go to AFR and set the up and down positions (down will have the spool of the valve somewhere near the middle).

Set up a programmable mix. The master channel is whatever switch/slider/stick that you want to use to activate your brakes. The slave channel is the gear channel. Set up the mix so that it is turned on with the gear switch in the down position (this means that with the gear up, the mix is off and the spool doesn't move).

Set your mix values so that when you activate your brake slider (or whatever you use) the brakes come on. Depending on the setup, you may have to set one direction of the slider to 0%, otherwise you can move the brake valve spool towards the 'gear up' position which you don't want.

I'm sure there are other (better) ways of doing it but this has worked for me. This has been written from memory so I apologise if I have got some of the steps wrong but hopefully you get the idea.
    www.ukjetshop.com
    UK Dealer for Bavarian Demon and Emcotec. Reseller of Ashlock connectors,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TUMBLER

Can someone tell me where I can find instructions for the all in one brake/retract valve. I ought my airframe second hand.
    Thanks!
    Brian
    Just reading where youre having trouble with the buzzing flaps..Setup 0 flaps with 1/8 clearance from where the back of the flaps meet the wing then sub-trim the flaps close as posible to meet the wing with a little play. As for the retract and brakes... setup the retract first to work ok without activating the brakes... Now to setup brakes leave gears down..make sure the brakes not activated...Use a second program mix for the same retract channel (to activate your brake from a switch or down elve to complete the travel of the retract valve to activate the brakes.

It's a hobby - keep it simple

www.332ndredtail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brian
    I also switched to Futaba for jets and really don't like the user interface
    But as soon as Jr come out with the xg14 I will switch over
    None the less I mixed a 2 step switch for the retracts and then the doing loaded switch only when retracts down will mix to make the brakes engage ( ie when operating the spring loaded switch it will mix more movement on the retract servo to brake position)
    Hope that's clear

Dave. Any news on release date xg14??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey,
    Sounds like I am on the right track. I had done exactly as you described. What is AFR though?
    Thanks,
    Brian

ORIGINAL: siclick33

Tumbler, I'll try and help but my Futaba set is old school so some of the names of functions might have changed.

I'm not sure if you have installed the servo yourself but the travel of the spool on the valve is quite small (the version for spring air gear is even worse!) so you might need to use one of the inner servo arm holes to allow you to use sensible ATV values. Set up the servo in the centre position with the spool on the valve somewhere near the middle.

Go to your gear channel and set the ATV so that you get full movement of the spool in both directions. Once youve done that, you can go to AFR and set the up and down positions (down will have the spool of the valve somewhere near the middle).

Set up a programmable mix. The master channel is whatever switch/slider/stick that you want to use to activate your brakes. The slave channel is the gear channel. Set up the mix so that it is turned on with the gear switch in the down position (this means that with the gear up, the mix is off and the spool doesn't move).

Set your mix values so that when you activate your brake slider (or whatever you use) the brakes come on. Depending on the setup, you may have to set one direction of the slider to 0%, otherwise you can move the brake valve spool towards the 'gear up' position which you don't want.

I'm sure there are other (better) ways of doing it but this has worked for me. This has been written from memory so I apologise if I have got some of the steps wrong but hopefully you get the idea.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: izzy

Brian
    I also switched to Futaba for jets and really don't like the user interface
    But as soon as Jr come out with the xg14 I will switch over
    None the less I mixed a 2 step switch for the retracts and then the doing loaded switch only when retracts down will mix to make the brakes engage ( ie when operating the spring loaded switch it will mix more movement on the retract servo to brake position)
    Hope that's clear

Dave. Any news on release date xg14??
    This year

Waiting for an update as a few things have slipped (like the dual power DMSS Rx) As always, they will not be pressurised to release something that is not customer ready.
    I'm still not clear whether the XG-14 is going to be what many people want, my guess is without X-bus it will be 11 channels like the XG-11. Don't know, see little point in chasing as it won't speed anything up.
    When its ready someone will let us know...
    Motors & Rotors. JetCat, Powerbox, Intairco, Behotec, Graupner. CARF-models Rep. JR Propo for ever!, Jet 1A, MAP, Evojet, BVM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tumbler,

I'm not sure if it's the same on later models but my old Futaba had ATV and AFR. ATV is adjustable travel that sets the far extremes that the servo is allowed to travel. AFR is a something like 'adjustable function rate'.

AFR effectively sets the end points for a particular function - in the case I have highlighted it is the up and down positions of the gear servo. When you add a mix, it can take the servo travel beyond the AFR limits that you have set but further travel is then limited by the ATV rate to stop binding etc.

As I say though, this might not be a function on current radios, mine is a old 9Z WC II.
    www.ukjetshop.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I mixed the rudder to steering no problem, so I don't get why this brake valve is so difficult. I am in glider mode and have the gear plugged into butterfly and set up and working perfectly. I have camber set up as the master and butterfly as the slave but there is no mix. I have set up on the slider to engage th mix once the slider reaches the midpoint of travel.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

These newer radios are a bit beyond me but why are you using butterfly and camber for the gear?

Just use a 'normal' channel (such as gear). Camber and butterfly mixing may add additional complication as that is designed to use several servos but you only need one for your gear/brake.
    www.ukjetshop.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had to use glider mode so I can set up flight modes. Can't do it in airplane mode. You can rename the channel names, but those are the channels you have to use for her. I figured it out finally!! Thanks for the help! She will fly tomorrow!

Brian

ORIGINAL: siclick33

These newer radios are a bit beyond me but why are you using butterfly and camber for the gear?

Just use a 'normal' channel (such as gear). Camber and butterfly mixing may add additional complication as that is designed to use several servos but you only need one for your gear/brake.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Before and after. As I got it and then after some tlc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig11630.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	1878829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rl24875.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	1878830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Df73984.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	1878831  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was just going to use a 3 position switch on my XG11. But is the brake function proportional, or is it just on/off with the stock valve?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I Lost my Ultra flash to a radio failure with only 12 flights on it., Down to one jet now a trusty old Boomerang Elan with a Jet Central Rabbit 100. Still looking at getting a replacement Ultra flash it was a great flying jet. I just switched to Futaba 14 SG along with my Buddy Brian. We have been working together learning Futaba programming, its a bit different but I got it programmed with some help here on RCU. Hoping to come upon a sale on the Ultra Flash over the next few months since I have all the radio gear and a Jet Central cheetah as power. I really like the new schemes. Jack.
    Jack George

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: spike5150

I was just going to use a 3 position switch on my XG11. But is the brake function proportional, or is it just on/off with the stock valve?

Its not proportional, on off and works great with a small amount of grease on the wheel drum. Retract pressure 95psi with the C-36-2 gear.
    I just mix down elevator to the gear channel, so gear up the mix is off, gear down, push the elevator stick forward and the brakes come on. I have used this on both my Flashes over 7 years flying and it works perfectly.

Dw

This is with JR Radio. DSX-9, XG-11 and DSX-12...Futaba mixing leaves me cold with over complication!
    Motors & Rotors. JetCat, Powerbox, Intairco, Behotec, Graupner. CARF-models Rep. JR Propo for ever!, Jet 1A, MAP, Evojet, BVM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Revoc wing bags have now got the templates for wing and fuselage bags for the UF. I got mine yesterday and they look and fit great

Contact Revoc or drop me a line for UK orders. I tend to put multiple orders together so can save on shipping and offer discounts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj24237.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	439.8 KB 
ID:	1878987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk29758.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	411.6 KB 
ID:	1878988  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First glance at the wing bag looked like a giant pair of panties.
    Mark P
    An Expert has made every mistake - A Master has made every mistake twice

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: causeitflies

Where is the like button ;D ????

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Haha.. Subliminal messaging, bet they're already sold out
    Call Sign blocked.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

Its not proportional, on off and works great with a small amount of grease on the wheel drum. Retract pressure 95psi with the C-36-2 gear.
    I just mix down elevator to the gear channel, so gear up the mix is off, gear down, push the elevator stick forward and the brakes come on. I have used this on both my Flashes over 7 years flying and it works perfectly.

Dw

This is with JR Radio. DSX-9, XG-11 and DSX-12...Futaba mixing leaves me cold with over complication!
    Thanks Dave. Any particular type of grease? Always been a JR user. Really like my xg11 and still have the x9303 for sim/ buddy box.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[X(]
    It's a hobby - keep it simple

www.332ndredtail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just used a little Vaseline on the brakes and worked great. Kept them from locking up. On the down side iPad a flame out 4 mins into the first flight, I made it back to the runway but it was going too fast so tried to touch it down to slow down but touched down too hard and broke the landing gear pins. The guy who built it used balsa rather than ply on like the instructions ll for for the fuel tank mount and must not have roughed up the fiberglass before hysoling it in, so it broke loose which let the whole tank come forward and break away the UAT, brake valve, etc. so annoying. Last time I ever buy anything second hand. I tied to redo everything that embed questionable, but this was something I missed.

Now have no idea what caused the flameout so no guarantee it won't happen again. Ran great for a half hour while running up and taxi testing, then just quit 4 mins into the flight with the main tank almost completley full. One theory was the tank broke lose in flight, but I would think it is more likely it broke on landing.

Dw

Thanks Dave. Any particular type of grease? Always been a JR user. Really like my xg11 and still have the x9303 for sim/ buddy box.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brian hisorry to hear that
    what do you mean by broke the LG pins - are you reffering to the steering arms ?

i also hate buying second hand , and prefer knowing the history of what i fly
    especially with these $$$$ high end planes

at least you saved her, and can fix it
    did you change any of the tubing from the tanks when you re-equiped her - might be a thought ?
    izzy

I just used a little Vaseline on the brakes and worked great. Kept them from locking up. On the down side iPad a flame out 4 mins into the first flight, I made it back to the runway but it was going too fast so tried to touch it down to slow down but touched down too hard and broke the landing gear pins. The guy who built it used balsa rather than ply on like the instructions ll for for the fuel tank mount and must not have roughed up the fiberglass before hysoling it in, so it broke loose which let the whole tank come forward and break away the UAT, brake valve, etc. so annoying. Last time I ever buy anything second hand. I tied to redo everything that embed questionable, but this was something I missed.

Now have no idea what caused the flameout so no guarantee it won't happen again. Ran great for a half hour while running up and taxi testing, then just quit 4 mins into the flight with the main tank almost completley full. One theory was the tank broke lose in flight, but I would think it is more likely it broke on landing.

Dw

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks. yeah i can fix it. only thing you can see on the top of the plane is a hole in the top of the wing about 1/4" in diameter. it eventually would need to be painted anyway because this thing is superhard to see in these colors. The landing gear pins are what connect the struts to the gear and are designed to break away rather than rip the gear out of the wing. It snapped the pins on the mains and he used wood screws for the nose gear rather than bolts and blind nuts so the wood screws pulled out of the nose gear former as well. I replaced all the fuel lines inside and outside of the tank. I found the main tank was missing the brass piece to protect the fuel line from rubbing on the baffle so added that as well. It may have just been a one time fluke but scary it might happen again. It glides forever and had plenty of time to fly around.....i did not even know it flamed out and had time to circle the whole field. I timed it perfectly so it just made it back to the runway and dropped the gear once i knew i made it but once I leveled her out everyone said it was the strangest thing ever.....it was as if it picked up speed and was hauling ***** as it flew by. Gear up my have been better but can't second guess these things with a couple seconds to decide.

ORIGINAL: izzy

Brian hisorry to hear that
    what do you mean by broke the LG pins - are you reffering to the steering arms ?

i also hate buying second hand , and prefer knowing the history of what i fly
    especially with these $$$$ high end planes

at least you saved her, and can fix it
    did you change any of the tubing from the tanks when you re-equiped her - might be a thought ?
    izzy

Dw

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For years I have used Miniature Aircraft USA 4709 grease which is a clear silicon grease. But Vasaline works the same.

Did the turbine ECU not give you a reason for shut down?

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just said flameout. No radio errors but we checked and could not find any other reason on the cu for the flameout. It is a kingtech k100.

For years I have used Miniature Aircraft USA 4709 grease which is a clear silicon grease. But Vasaline works the same.

Did the turbine ECU not give you a reason for shut down?

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ah, useful terminology...cause you didn't already know that
    When you run it next play with wiring, I tried to test fly a Velox recently and it kept flaming out on take-off. Tried everything before the guy found if he touched the fuel pump the turbine went out...

Dave