Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts
Default RE: C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Everyone to their own, the prototype is still flying with all the original leads. You could fit a MPX type servo plug in towards the back of the tail and that would solve all the problems

Dw
Old 05-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Sonicwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

Ok cool, thanks for all that, now im up to speed... If i want to order that colour from Carf, do i just send a pic for a quote.???

Cheers Jeremy.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Sonicwings

ORIGINAL: Carsten Groen

I have wrapped mine (also did the same on my CF) with ''ceramic heat blanket'' from Als Hobbies, I don't like the idea of ''the outer tube does not normally get warm'', sometimes things are not ''normal''

Hello Carsen.

Did i see in a picture of you with your Ultra Flash, your using 14mz tx, with Weatronics.??? If so, how do you find it, and what rx you using.???

Cheers Jeremy.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:40 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jeremy,

An Ultra Flash huh. I think that would be a great place to slot one of your motors.

I have converted the Balsa Bandit to Weatronics (micro 10), and the new Bandit will have a micro 12. I think it is great gear.

Roger
Old 05-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sonicwings
Hello Carsen.

Did i see in a picture of you with your Ultra Flash, your using 14mz tx, with Weatronics.??? If so, how do you find it, and what rx you using.???

Cheers Jeremy.
Absolutely
I'm using a 14MZ with weatronics, receiver is a Micro 12 in the Flash (using a combination of Micro 12 and 12-22 receivers in all my jets)
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Sonicwings

ORIGINAL: roger.alli

Hey Jeremy,

An Ultra Flash huh. I think that would be a great place to slot one of your motors.

I have converted the Balsa Bandit to Weatronics (micro 10), and the new Bandit will have a micro 12. I think it is great gear.

Roger
Hey hi Roger...

Lol, no secrets here then... Yea my Jetcat 120sx still needs a home, now ive sold the half built Pst Reaction... Mite just need one of these...
Good to here your happy with your weatronics, Craig is in Germany as we speek, sorting some wea for the big Hawk...
Winter arrived here this week, lucky for you your in Australia...
Hi to Ali...
Jeremy.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Sonicwings

Hello Carsen.

Cheers Jeremy.
Absolutely
I'm using a 14MZ with weatronics, receiver is a Micro 12 in the Flash (using a combination of Micro 12 and 12-22 receivers in all my jets)
COOL..... Shall be trying that myself soon... Did i see some pics somewere in the past, of your inside radio install in your Ultra Flash.??? thought i did, but cant find them again...

Cheers Jeremy.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

COOL..... Shall be trying that myself soon... Did i see some pics somewere in the past, of your inside radio install in your Ultra Flash.??? thought i did, but cant find them again...

Cheers Jeremy.
Nope, don't have one handy of the receiver in the UF, but I have this from my old Classic Flash, the equipment is located 100% the same in my UF

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	db84253.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1609534  
Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Sonicwings

Cheers Jeremy.
Nope, don't have one handy of the receiver in the UF, but I have this from my old Classic Flash, the equipment is located 100% the same in my UF

Ok great, thanks Carsten...
Old 05-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Dave Wilshere

J

Just go to the custom scheme and request a Black Motors & Rotors scheme, they will sort it from there

Dw
Old 05-16-2011, 05:01 AM
basea

Guys

Just finished installing Lado electric retracts in my UF. Easy installation as you can see in photos. Will take to the JMA meet at Merryfield next weekend for any UK flyers to have a closer look. Still using air for the brakes though!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25425.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1609583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16037.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1609584  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:18 AM
Geoff White

Hey Andy,

I wonder how durable they will be when operating off damp/wet runways that we occasionally have to fly off in the UK? Looking forward to having a closer look at the weekend.

Geoff.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: Geoff White

Hey Andy,

I wonder how durable they will be when operating off damp/wet runways that we occasionally have to fly off in the UK? Looking forward to having a closer look at the weekend.

Geoff.
No worries...Andy says they are very well made. I'm sure we can test them at PMFC

Dave
Old 05-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Geoff White

Yes I am sure you will be giving them a good work out
Old 05-16-2011, 05:32 AM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

well guys just maidened my ultraflash....man what a great flying plane...honest with no bad habits. On my first takeoff at about 50 feet I turned downwind and had my p120 flame out......oh boy low and not even time to trim out the airplane. No problemo came around dropped the gear and put it down nice and smooth. full tanks and no flaps....slowed down nicely. Checked the GSU and I got an auto shutdown due to over speed of 142,300 RPM....so the 120 came out (going back to jetcat) and I quicly put in my p-80 SE and changed ECU also. Next flight MUCH better Little up trim all it needed. Used Dave Wilshire Rec. setting and really close to what I liked. Just added a smidge more down elevator trim with the flaps. Any one thinking about the P-80 class turbine for this airframe. Don't hesitate. It flies it quite well. beautiful up lines and decent amt. of power..and decently quick. easily flies at half power..CARF has a real winner here. I can see why most people rate this as one of the best sport airframes out there. I LOVE IT
Later
Brian : )
Old 05-16-2011, 05:40 AM
basea

Geoff

Only time will tell how sturdy they are. Must say they are heavier duty than the Behotec units and we know how long they last! Really hoping they are as successful as my electric Nano retracts. I've flown this off some very rough grass. Desperate to reduce my exposure to air systems to the minimum!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 AM
Geoff White

Sounds like they are definately worth lookng at further. I know what you mean ref air systems, I have recurring nightmares of having air system failiure on my Hawk or Hunter.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Dave Wilshere

Brian

Just sounds like a black cable contact issue.
Glad you like the UF, I'm a week behind on my P-80SE version, but knew all along it would suit.

Dave
Old 05-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use 8411 and 8321 servos and would always, always, always use Digitals on Flaps, it's probably the most important control for it (just ahead of the Rudder) You will get variable flap amounts with std analogue servos and their lack of holding power! The whole point in digitals is the holding power, so they have FLAP written all over it!
++++1. Absolutely agree with this. If your power system on your jet is seriously tested/strained by digitals on your flaps, then you have a seriously deficient power system on your jet. Period.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:09 PM
ricardinho

dave that scheme is wild looking... looks great...
Old 05-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Don Perry
My Feedback: (51)

I put the first flight my Ultra Flash this weekend and it was very smooth and fast. Great flying airplane I have a Jet Central Cheetah in mine. Stock everything and the gear worked great.

Here is a you tube vid

http://www.youtube.com/54KW
Old 05-16-2011, 02:26 PM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

Looks great Don, let us know the next time you fly. We'll have a Flash convention.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:26 PM
ricardinho

yes don it does fly great... and yes the gear work perfect...glad you like it...i am going to watch your vid now...
Old 05-16-2011, 06:33 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: gooseF22

Hey guys, Im looking for a better idea on routing the Stabilizer servo wires. I would like to take the tail off and on easily, and I am worried about the wires laying down on the tailpipe, so Im looking for a better way to route them than the rubber grommeted holes so close to the tailpipe. I suppose I could put another piece of protective tin sheeting in there but....

Anyway, can some of you shoot some pics if you have an easier way than the stock setup. Again, I have to take the stab off regularly in transport because space is getting tight on the transport.

thanks...
dave
I have never had a problem tucking the wires clear, I just feed the excess servo lead back through the grommet as I slide the tail down. Also the outer wall does not get so hot. you can use heat shrink tube over the servo wire, this is usually good for a few hundred degrees, or use a short length of spiral wrap over the wire.

Dave
THx Dave. I had spiral wrap over it before but I think I will use heat wrap this time and tuck it in the grommets as I put it down. I saw someone put a V over the pipe with lite ply too. it was just tucked in.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Don.

Was that fast? It sure looked fast!

Don't you just love the instant response from the Cheetah. I think it is another over achiever also. My classic Flash got scary fast after switching from the Rabbit to the Cheetah. Fuel burn isn't bad either. I am getting around 7 minutes with good reserve on my modified main tank.

We need to get togehter and have a Flash Formation fly.

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.