Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 44 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 4305

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Guys, No worries for the video... Its my pleasure. Such an awesome plane, I never need an excuse to fly this one.
    Serriririrrrrer I can't believe you have one and its not built yet. I will be getting your wing man's UF sent off tomorrow!
    Douglas.. It took a video to convince you? I am disappointed. You will one a full Bypass P/B version Smoke.. You know my feelings on the matter, but I guess its a Dfresh signature, so if you must!
    Yming. Thats the good thing about the UF. Its so versatile that it will suit anyone, regardless of their flying style. Last we we just Turnkey built one for a customer with a small Merlin 100.. Wow what a lightweight set up that was. I can't wait to fly it! Best of all, for those that actually enjoying flying fast, the UF is the tool of choice.. no doubt!
    Regards Al
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, FEJ, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ali

Guys, No worries for the video... Its my pleasure. Such an awesome plane, I never need an excuse to fly this one.
    Serriririrrrrer I can't believe you have one and its not built yet. I will be getting your wing man's UF sent off tomorrow!
    Douglas.. It took a video to convince you? I am disappointed. You will one a full Bypass P/B version Smoke.. You know my feelings on the matter, but I guess its a Dfresh signature, so if you must!
    Yming. Thats the good thing about the UF. Its so versatile that it will suit anyone, regardless of their flying style. Last we we just Turnkey built one for a customer with a small Merlin 100.. Wow what a lightweight set up that was. I can't wait to fly it! Best of all, for those that actually enjoying flying fast, the UF is the tool of choice.. no doubt!
    Regards Al

Just watched the vids bro.... SOLD. Full bypass it is along with the sweet CG.. We need to hook up for some funnin more than once a year... I'm buying the RL!!!!!
    JETCAT USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ali

how bout UF with p180rx? that will be nice if that survive under my

flying style!

forget my ideal bout UF with k170 I pm you days ago....

yiming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ahh...UPS guy turned in ringing my doorbell today with the undercarriage set...joy!

TP.

Flying an Avonds F-104. Aerial filming business with multirotors. Riding a Cannondale Caad8.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats great news Tuomas. Now get off RCU and get flying!
    Yiming..
    Send me an email direct at jets@alshobbies.com.
    `Douglas. Wait till you fly that set up and just feel the difference in smoothness and energy retention. Agreed on the more than once a year. Get your ***** traveling outside Cali my friend. Dont be scared. You don't fall off the world when you get to Arizona... trust me
    Whats the RL???
    Regards Al

Another turnkey UF heading out to a customer. Two in a week.. can't be bad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jg14142.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	211.1 KB 
ID:	1677141  
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, FEJ, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All you need is a fishing rod in that photo and hey presto 'Big Up The Gnome'

X

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A question regarding aileron differential. Dave wrote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere
    Craig, I have 15mm up and 16mm down elevator (measured at elevator tip) 50% up expo and 55% down expo. Rudder 45mm each way, my expo 35%.
    Ail 18mm down and 15mm up (measured at tip) with 40% expo
    Dave
    Ali wrote just the opposite:

ORIGINAL: Ali
    One thing that I found the model really benefitted from was 20- 25% Aileron differential. Running the same movement up and down on each aileron I found that the rolls were just off axial, and when rolling into a turn the model would drop more than I expected. By reducing the downward movement on each aileron I found that the model became noticeable more axial in the rolls ( Especially fast rolls) and kept a more constant height when banked.
    So what's the correct approach, more up travel or more down travel?

Thomas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Normally on anything with a live hinge it is more effective on the hinge side, so you would want less travel up.
    Dale

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I have the Tbird UF conversion. We flew it with the Wren 160 in it. As reported before, it was almost too fast if there is such a thing. Its a very slick bird. I had a hard time seeing the Red white blue scheme against the sky, so I really never got comfortable with it. Kept turning down the motor via ECU to the point of about 24-25 lb. That seemed to be sweet spot. IT would take off quickly off grass, and still be comfortable cruisin at half, and to the moon at full.

So.. after much gnashing, I decided to temporarily retire it until I get about 150 or 200 more flights under my belt. Mind you I have almost 100 flights on my King cat, which is as fast than this bird (Wren 160), but much easier to see. Its a bummer I must be getting old... GRRRR..

...just sending it to the bull pen for next season... Im thinking it might return with a Wren 100 or 120 in it turned down to about 20lb. I think this bird would fly on just about anything you put in it just fine. It is really slick.
    Goose
    Wren Turbines USA, Fromeco Avionics, JetiUSA Flight Team, www.Espritmodel.com www.demonaero.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

when things went far and very fast we "feel it" because we can't see it.

yiming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ali and guys,

as we know Ali flying UF with p160sx in the video which mean the UF bypass is okie with the p160sx with 112mm outside diameter.

any ideal the UF bypass able to house p180rx with 121mm outside diameter? that will be nice if some one could confirm this?.

can't imagine i found out the p180 can't fit into UF bypass when I aready got them.

that will be better off to pin my self on the wall by then...

yiming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You guys are nuts[X(]

Ali's 160 version is great for demonstrating how strong the model is, and is brilliant for shows, but for everday 'club' flying I can't see anyone ever really needing anything bigger than a 120/140. I can understand the odd 1 or 2 people wanting the adrenaline rush but it seems like some people are beginning to consider a 160 'the norm' which is just bananas, IMO, for this airframe.
    www.ukjetshop.com
    UK Dealer for Bavarian Demon and Emcotec. Reseller of Ashlock connectors,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well...tks for your input...

I want that rush if I can,I make sure I won't regret until I old. then I will smile when I pass away.

any ideal the p180rx can fit in that bypass?

yiming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SniperWj

well...tks for your input...

I want that rush if I can,I make sure I won't regret until I old. then I will smile when I pass away.

any ideal the p180rx can fit in that bypass?

yiming
    P-180 RX is still 112mm...
    http://www.motorsandrotors.com/index...roducts_id=785

My Differential is right...

Dave
    Motors & Rotors. JetCat, Powerbox, Intairco, Behotec, Graupner. CARF-models Rep. JR Propo for ever!, Jet 1A, MAP, Evojet, BVM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: siclick33

You guys are nuts[X(]

Ali's 160 version is great for demonstrating how strong the model is, and is brilliant for shows, but for everday 'club' flying I can't see anyone ever really needing anything bigger than a 120/140. I can understand the odd 1 or 2 people wanting the adrenaline rush but it seems like some people are beginning to consider a 160 'the norm' which is just bananas, IMO, for this airframe.

i guess i'm one of the 2 odd people, i wouldn't have a Flash with anything less then a 160 and would love to hold the sticks on a 180 powered version

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KC36330

You guys are nuts[X(]

i guess i'm one of the 2 odd people, i wouldn't have a Flash with anything less then a 160 and would love to hold the sticks on a 180 powered version

+1. I Couldn't agree more.
    Pete H
    A Happy Jet Central Falcon & Rhino Owner

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: phjoker

ORIGINAL: KC36330

You guys are nuts[X(]

+1. I Couldn't agree more.

+2 ... When turning and burning, full blow of a 160 size engine comes in handy just to maintain speed through continuous high G manouvers where speed bleeds off very quickly ... its more about acceleration and powering through tight maneuvers than top all out speed on this plane [8D]

~V~
    www.facebook.com/allscale
    http://www.all-scale.com

- working model MFD & HUD, 3D design & printing, CNC, Laser-cutting
    - Professional-Building
    - Metal-Morph Plating
    - CARF-Models Dealer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wojtek

+2 ... When turning and burning, full blow of a 160 size engine comes in handy just to maintain speed through continuous high G manouvers where speed bleeds off very quickly ... its more about acceleration and powering through tight maneuvers than top all out speed on this plane [8D]

~V~
    Doug's west coast term fits that best 'Hill Climbing'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave (Wilshere),

Do you use Flight Modes on your UF, depending on the turbine - i.e. particularly if big blocks are used? If so, what is your set up for each Mode (I already know your "standard" set up from other posts).

Thanks up front.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Beavis

Dave (Wilshere),

Do you use Flight Modes on your UF, depending on the turbine - i.e. particularly if big blocks are used? If so, what is your set up for each Mode (I already know your ''standard'' set up from other posts).

Thanks up front.
    Hi

No, I don't even use rates. My set up is really simple and I have always been able to "rate" my controls by either moving the stick a small or large amount. I tend to use large control movements, fairly high Expo and if I'm flying smooth (most of my flying) I just don't move the sticks much, but my UF roll and pitch rates at full stick are huge! So I can do twinkle rolls just by moving the stick further. I have my flaps on the DSX-12 long 3 position switch above the throttle (M2) and just have down mixed as needed.
    When I did the manual settings they are close to what I fly, but not actually what I fly-You write a manual with everyone in mind and my expectations are guys who know what they want will either go with that from day one-with experience you don't need to fly an aeroplane to judge how it will behave. The settings I give are so that people with less experience can fly it safely, then it should be adjusted. No two pilots are exactly the same, I tend to know my friends/customers requirements and set up their aeroplanes to suit them. Tx stick tension and length affects how the model feels, balance point and control movement are all preference, I just know from experience what most people want. You should never follow "hot-shots" figures thinking it will make you fly like them-it won't! and can get you into a whole load of trouble. For ref my balance is a little behind the book figure, but still not fully neutral.
    I've test flown seven or eight Ultra Flashes now and I'm pretty sure that only a couple of the people changed any of my settings-some I know so well I can just stick in "their" settings and others are not really pushing the model (as sensibly powered, its a sweet easy going sports jet-hence why I built a P-80SE version to show) I really don't like this "big Block" thing I think the hobby is in enough mess, but people pulling too much G or too much speed is just asking for trouble. They tend to think only of their own abilities and they know nothing of the equipments real limits. Shows are the last place to show this, as people with too little ability/understanding go off and think I want to fly that fast "cause it looks cool"..well it can go wrong really quickly too. I love speed and I'm sounding a bit like s DG , but people are watching this hobby and I chose to make a living out of it (fool ) I pick and chose when I fly fast and hard.

Faster flying speeds generally need less movement on all main controls, so you could use a flight mode-but if you are in control of your Tx sticks you don't need to.

Sorry its so long Hope the first bit gave you an answer, or email motrot@aol.com

Dave
    Motors & Rotors. JetCat, Powerbox, Intairco, Behotec, Graupner. CARF-models Rep. JR Propo for ever!, Jet 1A, MAP, Evojet, BVM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just tested mine with the Hawk 100R-turbine. Wheee...what a ride! Such a sweet behaving model, good aerodynamics really works. Fast, predictable, stable and slow on the landing.
    The wheels are really hard for concrete use though.
    Photos later on,my test flight cap (NASA) worked again!
    Great stuff, CARF!

TP.

Flying an Avonds F-104. Aerial filming business with multirotors. Riding a Cannondale Caad8.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Stobe777

...........The wheels are really hard for concrete use though.

what tires are you using? the stock tires that came with the Behotec set from CARF were rather soft (not as bad as the ones that came with the earlier classics), and wear fairly quick on concrete and on hot days balloon and leave the rim on takeoff.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave,

Very sensible post, as usual. I couldn't agree more with you.

I was just curious about your take on Modes.

Thank you,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've nothing against Flight Modes, but on models where I might switch rates I like to control the individual functions, on an aerobatic model I might reduce the aileron figure to make some rolling manoeuvres easier to control, but want the elevator high for high-alpha rolling. Trimming a new model may be easier with a FM set up (high drag etc) but I seem to be able to get pretty close off the bat and never really have a problem.
    With jets I have never found the need to add say more elevator for landing, mainly because I run high figures for normal flight.
    I'm from helicopters where flicking switches is normal, I don't use a tray or strap and have big enough hands to comfortably hit every switch on a JR tx. FM work for tray and small hand guys who might want to limit any switch operation.
    I have lower rates and different expos programmed into most of my jets so if I let other people fly my models I can adapt to their needs, though all my close buddies that tend to fly my models fly pretty much my set-ups.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine has 3 flight modes. Speed has the smallest movement with most expo and no flap. Takeoff has some flap and bit more travel and less expo plus a bit down elevator. Landing mode has full flap, more ele down trim, full travel and almost no expo. And crow in ailerons.
    What is good, are separate trims for each mode. Usually airplanes tend to fly differently when "clean" and "dirty" with the gear down. I like having the possibility to trim it. But based on yesterdays test flights, the UF really needs only the elevator compensation for flaps. It really flies straight. But having done all this programming for a previous Elan, I use it now and just changed the model name on sreen. And a bit tweaking here and there, but thats it.
    TP.