Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Old 05-15-2016, 01:41 AM
FMRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve N.
Well it's finally time to jump on the band wagon... The slow boat from Thailand finally docked a couple of days ago, and my Ultra Flash is being shipped out from Florida this morning.
A HUGE thanks goes out to Dave Wilshere (and all the others) who have contributed so much information, advice and experience to this tread.

And by the way... Dave mentioned some time back that he accesses his email about 18 hours a day. He really does. Awesome response time.
Hi Steve, I been waiting too. Glad to hear your jet on the way. Mine is also coming from Florida ( Dreamworks ) but haven't received tracking # yet... hopefully Monday. Cheers
Old 05-15-2016, 06:28 AM
Steve N.

Originally Posted by PaulD
Well Stevo,

its about time that damn thing made its way into your hands. Maybe see if fly at Princeton in Sept?

Looking forward to flying ours together.

Cheers,

PaulD
Hey Paul,
Yeah, it seems like a long wait. Hopefully it will be ready for September, but time will tell. I tend to do too much looking/planning and not enough building. But this one looks pretty straight forward. My other problem is that it always seems to take me 3 hours to do a 20 minute job. I've still got to get my order in for all the support gear... decided to wait until now to make sure the boat didn't sink.

Yeah.... I'm also looking forward forward to us flying these gems together. But at 1.2 gazillion MPH, the formations might not be very tight :-)
Old 05-15-2016, 06:50 AM
Steve N.

Originally Posted by FMRR
Hi Steve, I been waiting too. Glad to hear your jet on the way. Mine is also coming from Florida ( Dreamworks ) but haven't received tracking # yet... hopefully Monday. Cheers
Hi FMRR (sorry but I don't see your name),

Yeah, I saw in your earlier posts that you had one on the way. I figured that we must have both been waiting for the same boat. I would think that yours will be out on Monday. Todd and his team always get things done pretty lickity-split. Too bad that they weren't driving the boat.

Great minds must think alike. I'm also going with the most awesome McLaren scheme (but we'll have to watch for the sun per Dave's advice), full set of Jet Tech fuel/smoke tanks and Pro-link Electric gear & brakes. - - - Sorry Dave,,, but mine was already on the boat w/o gear when I ordered it. Besides, a guy has to live on the edge sometime :-) - - - I don't suppose you'll be using a Merlin 140XBL for power???
Old 05-15-2016, 08:42 AM
737Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Flash drivers. Yeah, my airplane was on the same boat. I went with the black/yellow scheme. Good idea about covering in the sun. Jetcat P140RXi, Pro-Link electric gear/brake setup. Lucky the boat didn't sink, I've been waiting for over 2 months, took that long to read all the posts! Got my UPS tracking number, arrives Thursday!!!!!! T-minus 4 days till I'm relegated to the garage
Old 05-15-2016, 08:58 AM
Steve N.

You must also be a happy camper now that it's on the way - I ordered mine back at the end of Feb . The same as you,,, I used that time to go through this massive thread. From what I've read, it would seem that the 140 size is an excellent choice for this airframe.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:27 AM
737Driver

Very excited indeed! I'll be sitting on the front door step with a cold Kokanee, Xmas in May!! I think the 140 will just fine for my style of flying. It's gonna be nice not having to drag an air compressor to the field to fly this bad boy. It's my 2nd Flash, sold the Classic.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Steve N.

T minus 4 is great. There will be a bit of a delay in getting my hands on mine though... It arrives at Oroville WA on Friday, but my C Broker doesn't bring it across the border until Tuesday and then I can't get to the brokerage until Thursday. I can almost smell it though. There's light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:52 AM
FMRR

Originally Posted by Steve N.
Hi FMRR (sorry but I don't see your name
Yeah, I saw in your earlier posts that you had one on the way. I figured that we must have both been waiting for the same boat. I would think that yours will be out on Monday. Todd and his team always get things done pretty lickity-split. Too bad that they weren't driving the boat.

Great minds must think alike. I'm also going with the most awesome McLaren scheme (but we'll have to watch for the sun per Dave's advice), full set of Jet Tech fuel/smoke tanks and Pro-link Electric gear & brakes. - - - Sorry Dave,,, but mine was already on the boat w/o gear when I ordered it. Besides, a guy has to live on the edge sometime :-) - - - I don't suppose you'll be using a Merlin 140XBL for power???
Spoke with Dreamworks, they are shipping my jet today. Should be at my front door this Wednesday. Already have the gear, servos, batts and Jet tech tanks all around.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Steve N.

Well that's nice and quick. With your gear already in hand, it sound like you're good to go. Like I said above, I've still got a little more waiting to do.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:18 AM
FMRR

Steve, I also got my gear from Dreamworks, complete Pro link electric setup ( Retracts, legs,wheels,brakes ). Gear came a month ago. I'm sure Linda can hook you up. I have Jetcat 120 to start with. May later replace it with Evo 160. I have both turbines on hand. Just concerned about the residual thrust with the 160 at our field. I'll get comfortable with the 120 first. Soon as I perfect my landings, I'll consider 160, most here say she flies just fine with a 120.. jet will be tomorrow Cheers.😉 j
Old 05-17-2016, 05:12 AM
Steve N.

Yup... Linda has already has already hooked me up with the Electric Gear Pro Combo (and everything else I need). She's the best. From what I've read, you should be pretty happy with the performance you'll get with the JC 120 in your UF.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:59 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone has suggestion where to get some of these tires? or replacement wheels and tires would do too!
Tire spun off due to side load from crosswind take off at camp p

Thanks in advance,
Barry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0736.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	2163111  
Old 05-18-2016, 01:28 PM
FMRR

Jet arrived, unfortunately the box was damaged with the corner of the box practically torn off with the fuselage exposed. Nose of the fuse is damaged. Everthing else seems to be Ok but I need to do a full inspection. What a bummer !
Old 05-18-2016, 01:46 PM
737Driver

Hey Barry!

Dreamworks! Here's your rim/tire: Intairco 3" main wheels no brake. p/n IAC-3005-NB

Buy some extra tires while your at it. Hope that works for ya.

See you at BITW

Tom
Old 05-18-2016, 01:48 PM
737Driver

Originally Posted by FMRR
Jet arrived, unfortunately the box was damaged with the corner of the box practically torn off with the fuselage exposed. Nose of the fuse is damaged. Everthing else seems to be Ok but I need to do a full inspection. What a bummer !
That totally sucks! Mine gets here tomorrow, sure hope mine doesn't suffer the same fate. We've all been waiting a long time, grrrrrr.......
Old 05-18-2016, 02:42 PM
FMRR

I truly hope nobody else has to go through this, yes it was a long wait.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:28 PM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by 737Driver
Hey Barry!

Dreamworks! Here's your rim/tire: Intairco 3" main wheels no brake. p/n IAC-3005-NB

Buy some extra tires while your at it. Hope that works for ya.

See you at BITW

Tom
Thanks Tom, didn't know they're Intairco!

Cheers,
Barry
Old 05-18-2016, 11:40 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by marquisvns

Anyone has suggestion where to get some of these tires? or replacement wheels and tires would do too!

Thanks in advance,
Barry
The stock tyre is what Peter calls 83mm (but like this off the rim its 81.5mm) The 76mm 3" wheel is a bit small for the Flash and ups wheel rpm on the ground.
Normally the tyre only comes off if the screws come loose-but you guys are a lot warmer there so maybe they become soft.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0017.JPG
Views:	506
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	2163162  
Old 05-19-2016, 02:16 PM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
The stock tyre is what Peter calls 83mm (but like this off the rim its 81.5mm) The 76mm 3" wheel is a bit small for the Flash and ups wheel rpm on the ground.
Normally the tyre only comes off if the screws come loose-but you guys are a lot warmer there so maybe they become soft.

Dave
Thanks for the info Dave, I think the 3-1/4" should be the equivalent to the 83mm:
http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...placement-Tire

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

Barry

Yes, that is the unit.

Best Regards

Dave
Old 05-19-2016, 11:54 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by marquisvns

Thanks in advance,
Barry
http://www.intairco.net/products.php...placement-Tyre
Old 05-20-2016, 11:31 AM
FMRR

I like to give a special thanks to Dreamworks Todd, Linda and Ashley. There collective rapid attenton has resulted with the damage jet already picked up and replacement on the way. Thank you all for understanding and the professional way your team handle this unfortunate situation. I will always support Dreamworks team. ..special thanks to Ashley. .. Cheers.😉
Old 05-20-2016, 03:58 PM
Steve N.

FMRR.... It was really unfortunate that your jet arrived in that damaged state. But it's totally awesome that the Dreamworks Team has taken care of you so quickly. They are absolutely amazing. They have always gone the extra mile, and have never let me down

737Driver.... Has yours arrived yet (hopefully safe and sound)???
Old 05-20-2016, 09:09 PM
FMRR

Hi Steve, Dreamworks team was amazing and very professional. They understood how stress out I was especially after the long wait. You can imagine how happy I was to learn they had another one in stock same color scheme. Forward thinking on there part. Other than the damage the jet quality was excellent, Carf built a beautiful jet. Shame it was damaged in shipping.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:23 PM
FMRR

Duplicate

Last edited by FMRR; 05-20-2016 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.