Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

XICOY ECU question

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

XICOY ECU question

Old 10-17-2010, 07:31 PM
turbine1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XICOY ECU question

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

A little off topic here, I know this is just a bench test stand pictured in the earlier posts, but it appears to me there is basic glow fuel tubing in place at the pump in/out Festos.

You realize this is a no-no during the installation in the airframe.
Thanks for noticing, but that line is made out of the same material that the rest of them are made of, some kind of stiff polyurethane, (not silicone).....
Old 10-17-2010, 08:45 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: turbine1

Hello all,
Well today I tried twisting the glow wires (no capacitor) and that didn't work. The next easiest was to remove the ground as Gaspar suggested and that did the trick. I wonder if Gaspar or someone might explain what was occuring with the ground hooked up??
I am now ready to move on to the start phase, after I verify the ecu settings for this engine.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...................
Most likely the extra connection was causing a "Ground Loop"
i.e. cause of unwanted electrical noise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_...electricity%29

Old 10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: turbine1

Hello all,
Well today I tried twisting the glow wires (no capacitor) and that didn't work. The next easiest was to remove the ground as Gaspar suggested and that did the trick. I wonder if Gaspar or someone might explain what was occuring with the ground hooked up??
I am now ready to move on to the start phase, after I verify the ecu settings for this engine.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...................
A ground loop interferes with the ECU's ability to read the Plug resistance. During the start phase, the ECU will check the plug resistance for coil failure. The ground loop you created by grounding the ECU to the mounting plate interfered with the ECU's ability to check the resistance fooling the ECU into believing the plug was open (failed).
Old 10-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Jancy

Higher performancehigher Energy density with lower weight, competitiveprices RC Lipo Batteries and best customer service from Desire Power , a mature manufactory of lipo packs. Our excellentlipo batteries can help you master more and more markets.

<o> </o>

For moredetailed information, please check out our website: http://www.desire-power.com

Jancy Ou<o></o>

Desire Power Co.,Ltd.<o></o>

<o> </o>

Tel: +86 755 2806 8560<o></o>

Fax: +86 755 2806 8650<o></o>

Homepage: http://www.desire-battery.com<o></o>

Email: [email protected]<o></o>

SKYPE/MSN: [email protected]<o></o>

Old 10-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Jancy

<o>[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/2011779185888131(10-12-13-53-24).jpg[/img]</o>